Recent content by getithom

1. getithom

Church - Sunrise

I cannot get over how great of a song this is. On my first listen, it was in my bottom three songs — and now it’s in my top three. Legitimately solid song.
  2. getithom

Everyday Life - press/reviews

I've also thought they realized their mistake with Parachutes and AROBTTH. I'm certain Pitchfork was one of the few negative voices who downplayed AROBTTH upon release, and like you said, it's like they're trying to maintain the same demeanor as a result. By their standards, AROBTTH and Viva...
  3. getithom

Hey now, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a masterpiece. That album deserved every bit of critical acclaim it received. That said, their rating system is bad. I’ll never understand it.
  4. getithom

Coldplay Charts (Everyday life)

Why do we care about this still? It’s hilariously unfair to deem a band “second rate” based on record sales.
  5. getithom

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

I posted this elsewhere, but here are my first impressions. I avoided leaks like the plague in hopes I could walk into this evening like it was Christmas Eve. I was petrified I would unintentionally overhype the album, yet here I am with my jaw on the floor. Words escape me in trying to...
  6. getithom

Everyday Life - Live in Jordan on YouTube 22 Nov

The band has no right being this cool without effort
  7. getithom

The current Metacritic score is 75, based on 8 reviews. Most notably, Metacritic selected Everyday Life as their Editor's Pick for music on their front page. It's the first picture you see! The blurb attached is: "The band's new double album is a major improvement over 2015's A Head Full of Dreams."
  8. getithom

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

I want them to make the music they want to make too. I suppose what I was getting at with my original post is that we shouldn’t assume they’re going to revert to their heavy pop days, you know? Of course, I could be wrong, but their future could still be quite bright. Also I need them to make...
  9. getithom

Why are you jumping the gun with so much anger? I’m tired of this forum maintaining the ideal that mainstream music = terrible. Every album prior to this one has technically been mainstream, including the first three albums. You should wait and see what it’s going to be instead of getting angry...
  10. getithom

Great review! How would you rank the albums after your first listen?
  11. getithom

I am! I’ve read some reviews but that’s enough for me until the 22nd.
  12. getithom

I'm not listening, so maybe you'll be able to help me out. What does everyone mean by 'snippets?' Did something get released I hadn't known about?
  13. getithom

I think it’s just they wanted to make shorter songs. They’ve made it clear they’re no longer trying to win affection or popularity. They’re making what they want to make.
  14. getithom

That’s the opposite of what the song is about.
  15. getithom

But there’s only one interlude, so there’s 15 full songs.