Recent content by laxwatcher

1. laxwatcher

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

You make a good point, and after listening to the album a few times, it makes sense as a break between two very emotionally dark tracks. The only thing I would say is that after hearing the album in its entirety a few times, I'm hearing "BrokEn" as a really cool bonus track style song at the end...
  2. laxwatcher

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

I'm excited for the prospect that we might get some unreleased old stuff repurposed for this album, like "Arabesque".
  3. laxwatcher

This is so exciting! I love Jacob and his music. He is a musical genius and it will be amazing to see his arrangements become a part of Coldplay's sound. For those of you who have never heard of Jacob, definitely check out his music, especially his most recent work "Djesse Vol.2". It has some...
  4. laxwatcher

Orphans - Sunset

i didn’t notice that good catch! I think it’s hard for someone in the mix process to miss that, so I think it might be intended but I could be wrong. The hand percussion you hear in the chorus has a similar sound signature and could have been used as a way of transitioning between verse and...
  5. laxwatcher

ELIMINATION GAME BRACKET

Coldplay is back! Seems like Coldplaying is booming yet again in preparation for another album. I want to take advantage of this and try to get this game going again! We can finish this bracket and start a new bracket with the new songs (!) once music is released. We are 9 votes away from the...
  6. laxwatcher

A vintage Coldplay album a la "The Goldrush" and "Ghost Story" combined with electronics of "Midnight" and funkiness of AOAL and style of "All Your Friends" would be amazing for me. This feels more like what "Ghost Stories" should have been, and I hope it is.
  7. laxwatcher

New Album "Flight" Out Now

ALBUM IS OUT GUYS! Would love to hear your thoughts, and share with friends, family, and fellow Coldplayers!!!
  8. laxwatcher

ELIMINATION GAME BRACKET

We need 9 more votes from Coldplayers to move to the next pool. If you've already voted you must wait until the next round. Let's get this game running so we can build our bracket!
  9. laxwatcher

ELIMINATION GAME BRACKET

Yes, best is 1 and worst is 6.
  10. laxwatcher

ELIMINATION GAME BRACKET

Let's continue with Pool C! Rank these songs from favorite to least favorite. Each player can only rank once and we need 15 Coldplayers to tally and move on to the next pool. 1. Birds 2. Warning Sign 3. See You Soon 4. A Message 5. Wish I Was Here (feat. Cat Power) 6. X Marks the Spot
  11. laxwatcher

ELIMINATION GAME BRACKET

It has been a long time since I was back on this thread. Forgot how great this bracket was! We've got to keep this one going! So just to reiterate the rules to everyone. I will post a pool of songs and each Coldplayer makes a post ranking each of them from favorite to least favorite (1-6). I...
  12. laxwatcher

Thank you! I wish you luck in your process of finishing your album and will definitely give you a follow back if you follow me on Soundcloud, Facebook, etc. The links are all on my website or Soundcloud.
  13. laxwatcher

Hey everyone, UPDATE --------------------------- Album is out in the world!!! Check it out on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, Pandora, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or wherever you listen to music. Links on my website: www.escapistmusic.com Vote for my song in this...
  14. laxwatcher

"In the end, we lie awake. And we dream we'll make an escape."

"In the end, we lie awake. And we dream we'll make an escape."
  15. laxwatcher

My new album "Flight" coming soon...

Don't worry I will go through the licensing process for the Escapist cover. Glad you liked it!