Recent content by riceoroni87

1. R

The Problem with Viva la Vida

Guitar? Jon? I agree that this is a drastic change, but I like this new direction and believe that they still sound like Coldplay. They are just expanding their available instrumentation, there is nothing wrong with that. I think there is guitar, though, in the background at 0:28 and...
  2. R

Albums of the Year: 2007 - Now Closed.

Curse you, iTunes... you lie!
  3. R

Albums of the Year: 2007 - Now Closed.

Top 20! Here's mine... please check out #1; it's awesome. 01. Ameritown - Eastern Conference Champions ("the next big thing") 02. In Rainbows - Radiohead 03. Neon Bible - Arcade Fire 04. Myths of the Near Future - Klaxons 05. "Cross" - Justice 06. Hissing Fauna, Are...
  4. R

Battle Of The Musical Acts 2007: Finals: Act 1

The Arcade Fire Radiohead
  5. R

Battle Of The Musical Acts 2007: Round 3

1. Arcade Fire 3. Radiohead (both of their later* work is great, but Radiohead's earlier stuff is clearly better) (of course the Beatles have made a bigger muscial impact; they have had more TIME to do so!) 4. Sigur Ros
  6. R

Battle of the Musical Acts 2007: Round 2

Round 2: 1. Arcade Fire (c'mon... it's Canada) 2. Muse 3. Death Cab 4. Arctic Monkeys B-) 5. Blur 6. Sigur Ros (not even in the same genre?) 7. Snow Patrol 8. RADIOHEAD (ummmm... do I have to explain?)
  7. R

Battle of the Musical Acts 2007: Discussion

Kazoos! Radiohead Arcade Fire Sigur Ros Noir Désir The Kazoo Funk Orchestra :-)
  8. R

What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

The Last Man (The Fountain: Music from the Motion Picture) Clint Mansell, The Kronos Quartet and Mogwai
  9. R

Top Five Singers

Thom Yorke Jón Þór “Jónsi” Birgisson Chan Marshall Björk Chirs Martin (to appease this forum and because I can't think right now)
  10. R

The Sun is Melting!!!

Bonjour everyone. I'm a student in Virginia, USA , who plays guitar (and sadly has not a band to play with) and was wondering if anyone would be willing to check out some of my songs on myspace and to tell me what they think. http://www.myspace.com/levetoigeoffroy Thanks!