Celebrating 20 Years Since The Release of Parachutes!

Chris Martin to Cover Foo Fighters' "Times Like These" for BBC Live Lounge

20 Years on From Alan McGee's "bedwetters" Comment

Coldplay Support Live Music Crews Affected by COVID-19

Forums

1. Coldplaying.com

1. Announcements

Latest Coldplaying.com announcements

topics

2. New Members

Come on in and introduce yourself. Old members... say hello!

topics

3. Coldplaying.com

Post your site problems, questions, comments and cries for help here. Please post Coldplay related threads elsewhere!

topics

2. Coldplay: The Band. The Music.

1. Coldplay

Coldplay news, stories, articles etc

topics

2. Everyday Life

All the news and speculation on Coldplay's upcoming eight studio album!

topics

3. 223551

topics

4. Coldplay Live

Have you seen or going to see Coldplay in concert? Includes the latest shows, setlists, videos, pictures and tweets live from the venues

topics

5. The Instrument Room

Need tabs or just need help? Don't "fret", ask here!

topics

6. Coldplay Downloads (BETA)

The one stop place for Live Concert Downloads, Music Videos, Documentaries, Unreleased songs and more!

topics

3. General Discussion Area

1. How We See The World

News, sport, film, TV, tech, online and everything else in the world!

topics

2. The Lounge

Off topic chat - Wipe your shoes on the way in, close the door on your way out!

topics

3. The World Of Music

...that isn't Coldplay, believe it or not...

topics

• Thank you for your kind message. I completely agree with you on Champion of the World and I'm very much glad we got to hear it. I just think it doesn't quite fit the tone of the record quite as much as Flags does and that's why I think they should have been switched.
    • Welcome back ! Ownership is still the same (Stephen), but the forum did a major upgrade that allows better social media integration and is now also for the first time ever entirely self-hosted  I'm sad that the EL Era was so short as well. I was lucky enough to be one of the few to see the band live in London, and it was just an amazing concert. Love this album a lot, possibly even more than initially when it came out. By the way I think Champion of the World is a very Oldplayish song too. The structure, the guitar and the vocal lines make it sound like the child of AROBTTH and X&Y to me.
    • No change in ownership, but a new server and a different forum software! 😊
    • If they had toured EL though, the whole thing would have been cancelled by COVID anyway sadly 😞
    • I've come back after a few months and the forum has changed yet again 😃 I'm struggling to figure out what's what/who's who! Can my dear lovely Oldplayers please enlighten me as to what's been going on and whether there's been another change in ownership? I've never been so inactive in my 12 years in this place and I guess most of it has to do with how social media dramatically improved the ease of sharing your thoughts and opinions with others. A huge number of older members also left and my interest in the band declined as well. I was going to create a new thread to serve as a hub for all of the coldplaying member reviews of EL along with my own detailed review of the album but for whatever bizarre reason the band decided their best album in years will have the shortest era time span, and so all momentum was lost!  I absolutely think it was. The strings and choir in Sunrise, When I Need A Friend and Everyday Life is trademark Coldplay. Church draws from both Parachutes and VLV. Daddy, Wotw-Potp, Old Friends and Flags sound like they ARE from Parachutes. Guns and Eko probably came from the VLV sessions. Trouble In Town's final third has AROBTTH written all over it. Jonny's guitar work and the final minute of Arabesque are basically X&Y and بنی آدم could have been on Prospekt's March. You also get the marvelous experimentation we've come to expect from the band throughout the entire record.  You remove Orphans and replace Champions of The World with Flags and we get a 10/10 Oldplay album. And that is something I never thought would say again.    I'm incredibly frustrated at how the band chose to treat what is effectively their best work since VLV. This is a record that deserved to be marketed properly, heard more and toured for longer.   
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Members