Search results

1. T

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I haven't listened to Coldplay for years but just popped on here after hearing AICT. I think it's a great track and it was memorable for me after the first listen (despite the awful production). But it wears its inspirations very obviously on its sleeve - Pictures of You by The Cure, their own...
  2. T

Coldplay: Connections with the Illuminati? (This thread not to be taken seriously)

The final penny dropped for me watching the Atlas video (a song I loved - shame they don't make albums like that anymore!) and saw what came up when the word 'Lord' was sung. Oh and that Rihanna Video where she's writhing in front of graffiti with 'princess of Illuminati' didn't help much...
  3. T

[The Telegraph intv.] Coldplay: 'Rock music has nowhere left to go’

What like this? Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMpguv7st7s CIA MK -ULTRA anyone?
  4. T

Whatever insinuation you are making at me you make on yourself. Look in the mirror.
  5. T

Coldplay: Connections with the Illuminati? (This thread not to be taken seriously)

As a hardcore fan of the band until recently the guy in the video is right on so many levels, even though he gets a few things wrong (mainly the deeper stuff - don't just pick him up on using wrong photos please or you may look a bit silly - there is photoshopped stuff used daily in the UK in...
  6. T

Shocking interview. I know (Chris mainly but the others back him up) they always talk shite but that's quite a step too far when for the early years they were totally reinvigorating rock and roll (it's not just 'rock' - you need the 'roll' - the groove they still had on Viva as a band). I guess...
  7. T

Coldplay site moon phase change

The moon is extremely occult...and not in a good way at all. I'm not surprised - MX at last showed their colours nailed to the mast for all to see (OTO as the final line on the A side cover anyone?, and that's just for starters with that album). It took me a few years of looking into it quite...
  8. T

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Many thanks to all for the reviews and vids :) Good for you Batman telling that muppet where to go! There were masses of celebs and people who obviously had 'connections' there - I was in the champagne bar at one point and noticed quite a few familiar faces but as I don't watch TV and films...
  9. T

I met him a couple of years ago. Though a new person could have taken on the 'role' I guess (?). Anyway it's probably worth asking him and/or Debs who 'Jesus' is and to pass on thanks :)
  10. T

It's not Anchorman - he's English I think (at least he definitely doesn't have a strong regional British accent) and isn't ginger.
  11. T

I dunno I'm trying to be generous :) I must admit I was tempted more than once to dash down to Miller (Roadie #42) at the sound stage and have a word! If there's wind or rain it plays havoc with sound at open air gigs, an inside gig is a very much more controllable environment. All that said...
  12. T

Because Youtube loses quality, but for ease of viewing and everyone to be able to see it I agree it'd be great to have it on there too :)
  13. T

All concerts are different depending on the set up. From where I was (back arena <edit> sorry I mean back stalls opposite the stage) it did seem they pushed the sound a little too far, but I guess they need that so it reaches the upper levels (?) <edit2> it's always a balance at gigs
  14. T

Just got in and caught up on the thread. Amazing venue. Amazing set up (stage and visuals etc). Astonishing crowd :D But for me (those apart) one of the lamest gigs I've seen them play stretching back to 2002. We knew the setlist from last night, but I didn't expect them to fail (or bother)...
  15. T

Anyone have Coldplay tattoos?

I'm sorry I think they are all horrible...:\
  16. T

How do I learn what the Viva tour was like?

My goodness this is absolutely how I feel.
  17. T

Best coldplay song to make love to

I haven't read the thread, just the title. It is Warning Sign, of course (if making love only lasts you four minutes - otherwise just have it on repeat!).
  18. T

Video: Carrie Underwood Covers Coldplay

Oh I thought this was going to be NumbersGirl :laugh3: Come on Carrie, sing us a song!! :wink3:
  19. T

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

Great review Angie :D I'd love to see them in the States sometime, just to check out the atmosphere. Plus, it seems like you guys generally get good seated tickets in all-seated venues somehow - the system over here is so crooked those always go to Scammaster's 'partners'. Anyway, sounds...
  20. T

Does Coldplay play a backing track at all of their concerts?

Yes they do, and have done for very many years. /thread