Search results

1. B

Fun (feat Tove Lo)

I'm in disbelief that they don't play the whole album in the tour set. Army of One and Fun are two of the more radio friendly and stadium level tracks. Either they're planning it for down the road, in terms of timing it for single release, or they just are too shy to play them as they aren't...
  2. B

Army of One

Went to 1st US show which was good (though think UK/European audiences and the set up is better). Still no Army of One except for the intro into Clocks - such a tease. It sounds so ethereal though. I would pay money for that outro. Also, Kaleidoscope's background instrumental, I think, is what...
  3. B

Army of One

If Coldplay or PH are reading the forums, this song is massive. Glad I caught it in Nice, but they've put it away live for now which is an absolute shame. This track is amazing and Stargate did a great job with what they did with chris' vocals as it gives it a spin to the Coldplay sound...
  4. B

[2016-05-24] Stade Charles-Ehrmann, Nice, France

Hey Coldplayers - I'm going to the Nice concert. would love to meet up with any fellow Coldplayers going. It's going to be epic. PM me, would love to meet fellow Euro-coldplayers.
  5. B

[2016-06-26] Coldplay Headline Glastonbury 2016

How lucky! Congrats. I tried but overslept by a few minutes (i live in the US) and unfortunately did not get one. My dream was to get to the front for the coldplay set. I applied for volunteering but it looks like it's full. If there are any people in the know about Glastonbury. Is there any...
  6. B

[2016-06-26] Coldplay Headline Glastonbury 2016

Hey fellow Coldplayers.... long time Coldplayer here - been following Coldplay since 2000, and was fortunate enough to get to see them play the SuperBowl which was probably one of the best concert/entertainment moments of my life - I knew they would make it special and really included everyone...
  7. B

Up&Up To Become The Next Single From A Head Full of Dreams

Up & Up is too long and not really a radio single - it's a great album track and closer to the theme of the album. Fun would have been the next best single if they are already giving up on Hymn for the Weekend which I don't understand - they need to do another promo with Beyonce there - unless...
  8. B

Plan The Ultimate Super Bowl Half-Time Show for Coldplay

I'm going to be going as I'm a diehard Coldplay fan, and to see them live playing the most watched event in the world is bucket list worthy. It's been a truly long journey of 4 guys from UCL to the biggest stage on the planet - I trust Phil will make sure things go appropriately epic. They...
  9. B

Plan The Ultimate Super Bowl Half-Time Show for Coldplay

Ana - i'm planning on going to see Coldplay and... maybe the game :-)
  10. B

SuperBowl 50

Hey Hadilley - I'm going to arrive in SF that weekend after a 2 week trip to Australia/NZ (i know i'm a nut) but im trying to go to the Super Bowl primarily for Coldplay - been following these guys since the beginning. This is so huge for them, and I hope they pull it off... they are one of the...
  11. B

Guess The Singles

Well have listened to the album quite a lot and was thinking what would be the consensus for the next 3 to 4 singles Coldplay may release. Based on my opinion and an obvious choice - Hymn for the Weekend for sure. Given Beyonce guesting and the club vibe to it, it will be a sure fire single...
  12. B

Birds (Song and Video out now Jan 2) pg 17 for Vid

I can say that I was not a big fan of this song off the bat. But as Coldplay are so brilliant, the song is infectious and grew on me. Jonny's guitar effects remind me of birds and has that ethereal quality coupled with Will and Guy's driving bass/drum rhythm - this song is great. Chris's vocal...
  13. B

A Head Full Of Dreams (Title track)

FYI regarding lyrics: Chris is paraphrasing Gandhi when he sings "You can see the change you want to, be what you want to be" Perhaps more of the eastern spirituality they've embraced on this album and the Indian script and flower setup they have going. Same with Indian video filmed utilizing...
  14. B

Fun (feat Tove Lo)

Jennifer Lawrence is a natural blond, he certainly has a type, it's obvious. That being said, this is one of my favorite songs off the album, love the buildup and lyrical flow w/ alterations - like a sonata. It's clear some of their old songs's lyrics showed up in this one (the one they gave to...
  15. B

Amazing Day

Amazing!! This is the coldplay I love - pure bliss. When they are on their game, their music takes you to another dimension of being. Thank god for this track, as this, Fun, AOAL, Everglow are saving this schizophrenic album. They need to stop trying to be friends with everyone and trying to...
  16. B

Hymn for the Weekend

MinceSpies - respectfully disagree. Princess of china is massive and a great driving beat. Hymn for the Weekend sounds like Chris desperately trying to be an R&B singer. Plus i guess he owed a favor to Jay-Z because Beyonce was avg at best on this track. Really disappointed in this one...
  17. B

Kaleidoscope

loved the piano and instrumentation, nice interlude, but I thought Obama's amazing grace was needless. totally diminished the vibe the track had going - total fail, will edit out that part for sure.
  18. B

Fun (feat Tove Lo)

This is Coldplay!!! love this track - thank god because a lot of the other tracks (Birds, Hymn) were killing the album for me. Love the guitar, that atmosphere Coldplay creates and the vocals are great. For the hardcore fans, is the refrain "didn't we have fun" taken from the song they gave to...
  19. B

Birds (Song and Video out now Jan 2) pg 17 for Vid

I think this is avg Coldplay which is still decent, but not single worthy. This won't fly. Total Strokes vibe with a little Arcade Fire thrown in there for sure. Birds/Hymn for weekend are sort of filler for me for now.
  20. B

Hymn for the Weekend

Heard this, and not a fan at first listen. Usually can trust Chris and especially Will signing off on songs, but this is just a mess, going to be a first track in a long time that I will be skipping (probably going back to AROBTTH with A Whisper, but at least that's them being them). This is...