Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Search results

1. getithom

[2017-08-17] Soldier Field, Chicago, IL

After five years of trying, Thursday marked the first time I was able to see Coldplay twice on the same tour. Last year in St. Louis was the first - and I'll never forget it - but Chicago's open-air experience completely and utterly changed my perspective of the tour. I was sitting near the...
  2. getithom

Just got into Chitown. Feeling very under the weather, but so excited for tonight.
  3. getithom

Kaleidoscope EP

Got a knock on my door this morning and found this! Good way to start my day.
  4. getithom

Just bought tickets for my girlfriend and I! Thank God Chicago tickets were cheaper than Kansas City, because I'm beyond excited I finally get to see them at Soldier Field.
  5. getithom

Rank The Kaleidoscope EP Tracks

1. All I Can Think About Is You 2. A L I E N S 3. Miracles (Someone Special) 4. Hypnotised 5. Something Just Like This
  6. getithom

Miracles (Someone Special) ft. Big Sean

I agree with all of this. I listened to a few seconds of the live recording but made myself wait until now. I actually really dig it. It blends well and sounds very fresh while still be 'pop'. Well done, Coldplay.
  7. getithom

A L I E N S

Wow! This is incredible.
  8. getithom

A L I E N S

It's very normal for bands to pull out old songs for new records.
  9. getithom

A L I E N S

Holy shit, that is ALIENS! Wow. This is so cool.
  10. getithom

A L I E N S

Yes! The song screams Eno and David Bowie. It's really unlike anything they've made before.
  11. getithom

A L I E N S

This is far from what I expected, but that's why I like it so much. I expected, at the minimum, experimentation and a hybrid between Viva and MX. We pretty much got exactly that. It took me a few listens to really 'acquire' the sound, but that's what Eno does best. It makes me wish they go back...
  12. getithom

All I Can Think About Is You

Literally sounds exactly the live version. I'm in awe. Such a fucking good track. My God.
  13. getithom

Kaleidoscope EP

Aaahhhhhhhh I love it all over again.
  14. getithom

A L I E N S

Can I get a hell yeah
  15. getithom

All I Can Think About Is You

I am so impressed I don't even know what to say. It's SO LIT. The bassline is gorgeous, the long opening is such a warm welcome, and Will's drumming is nothing short of maddening. This song seriously has it all. Not only does it sound like old-old-school Coldplay, it has Radiohead-esque patterns...
  16. getithom

Radiohead

So sorry for being so late in replying. But yes, that show was so fucking good. I can't put it into words. I honestly didn't know what to expect going into the show, because 1) I wanted to have a 'virgin' way of seeing Radiohead live - meaning watching minimal concerts from this tour - and 2)...
  17. getithom

Radiohead

I'm finally getting to see Radiohead tomorrow! It took about six years, but my desire to see Radiohead live gets fulfilled in Kansas City. So pumped.
  18. getithom

Hypnotised - first song off Kaleidoscope

Just an FYI, I promise I'm not trying to argue with you! I think my message came off sounding angry when I wasn't trying to be. I can see where you're coming from. The 'hyp-hypnotized' definitely works better as the song progresses, because I admit it definitely sounds awkward the very first time.
  19. getithom

Hypnotised - first song off Kaleidoscope

I guess I don't understand how "bad" the lyrics are. I'm the first to admit their lyrics have been often lackluster the past few years, but there isn't anything in this song that screams regression or 'bad'. Regarding the 'hyp, hypnotized': that is a very, very common tactic used in songwriting...