Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Search results

1. A

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

^^This :/ B-sides wouldn't hurt, either... more like 'Moving To Mars' and 'Ghost Story'.
  2. A

The main thing I want to know is whether it has more guitars overall than MX/Ghost Stories, or less. Really feels like Jonny is barely there for more than the occasional flourish on some of these songs.
  3. A

True Love is the next video? *Official video released*

I know it's a pipe dream, but let's have a b-side for the love of all that is good.
  4. A

What I want for LP7 is more guitars. That's what's been missing from their recent output. I don't expect AROBTTH 2.0 or anything, but right now the 'innovative' thing would be turning back to rock music, not co-writing with Avicii and using an entire track by Jon Hopkins and passing it off as...
  5. A

Ghost Stories comparison to "The 2nd Law".

Both have a significant decrease in the quality of the lyrics. Survival most notably. In the interest of balance I'll agree that both have very good production work though.
  6. A

Criticisms with the album?

I disagree with the idea that you have to leave everything good about your past behind to stay relevant. Other guitar bands such as Suede and Maximo Park have incorporated more electronics into their albums while still keeping plenty of stripped-down rock songs and in the best cases, combining...
  7. A

Viva La Vida & Prospekt's March was their finest hour IMO, exactly the right balance of a lot of different elements. MX was sort of half-and-half, some classics like Charlie Brown but some duffs like Up In Flames. Then we have Ghost Stories, which I can't stand. What was there in full force...
  8. A

Is Ghost Stories just LP6.1?

I think it's optimistic tbh... the band have only done something like this once before (Prospekt's March) and that was kind of spur-of-the-moment... if they'd done b-sides or anything for MX I would say it was more likely but as it stands I think they're trying to have the album 'speak for...
  9. A

Bonus Tracks

Yes! Wish they'd release b-sides for every single too so we could see what other treasures they're sitting on, I feel starved compared to X&Y era...
  10. A

Alternative Tracklist.

It might not be too crazy to put O Pt. 2 before O, Glasvegas put a 'Part 2' song before a 'Part 1' song on their second album, a relic of an earlier sequencing I imagine.
  11. A

Viva La Vida vs. Ghost Stories

Round 1: Always In My Head Round 2: Cemeteries of London Round 3: Magic Round 4: 42 Round 5: Lovers In Japan Round 6: Viva La Vida Round 7: Violet Hill (NO contest) Round 8: Oceans Round 9: Death And All His Friends GS: 3 VLV: 6 Where are Chinese Sleep Chant or LiTii in all of this? Two of my...
  12. A

Should have posted my ranking... VLV or Death And All His Friends/Prospekt's March A Rush Of Blood To The Head Parachutes Ghost Stories / X&Y MX Despite some good songs I rank X&Y quite low as I think it has a similar problem to Ghost Stories musically, even if the emotions in the latter come...
  13. A

Overbearing electronic beats + not enough guitars. Bringing in Avicii and replacing lead guitar with synths wherever possible (with the notable exception of True Love's solo) is less like innovation and more like jumping on the pop bandwagon when all the other "pop" guitar bands are doing the...
  14. A

Songs not being sold as "proper singles" anymore?

It's a totally unheard and unreleased track the producers and suchlike on MX were enthusing about during the making of the album, saying how great it was, and the letters 'CK' were written on Chris's outfit for the tour & were the logo for the song Us Against The World. Everybody was hoping it...
  15. A

Songs not being sold as "proper singles" anymore?

I couldn't agree more :( 'A Spell A Rebel Yell' is a really interesting song IMO. It shows Coldplay experimenting with electronics without it being the slightest bit 'pop'. And 'The Goldrush' is another favourite. And imagine if we'd never had 'One I Love' or 'See You Soon'. I guess we're...
  16. A

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

I don't think anyone here is trying to say mainstream = bad, just that there is some overlap- dependent on WHY something is mainstream.
  17. A

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

It's not exactly 'one song'... since the Viva era finished there's been a certain duet that riled a lot of people, and 'Midnight' is hardly a Coldplay original composition given it was the leading single for this album era. I agree Always In My Head and Oceans are much less 'mainstream' in...
  18. A

How do you think Ghost Stories will sell?

To be honest, every record seems to get broken every other day these days, so with the word-of-mouth hype building up from their 'surprise' tactics on this one it will probably still debut at #1.
  19. A

Concertfy's First Impressions of 'Ghost Stories'

Not too comfortable about the "techno" description...