Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Search results

1. L

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

i like this song too, but for some reason what i like about this song is everything before it explodes into chorus with chris singing 'carry your world' - don't know why i find that main part a bit anti climatic, but still a lovely song nonetheless
  2. L

yes!!! exactly. I had this manually recorded on my minidisc player or whatever it was I was using back then, and still remember every word Chris said at the beginning and all the random noises throughout the recording.. then I waited patiently for them to release a studio version.. I think they...
  3. L

sigh... I spent my teenage years with Parachutes and Rush of blood, Coldplay was my favourite band (next to RH). I basically grew up with Coldplay songs, there were some b-sides I especially cherished and could listen to all night long, e.g. Easy to please, I ran away, Gravity (live - not the...
  4. L

Radiohead

wow, i haven't been here in the longest time and this thread still exists.. what do you mean, "but not for this album"?
  5. L

Criticisms with the album?

I was looking forward to this album after hearing it being compared to their old stuff (just like what you said), but I have to admit I am a bit underwhelmed. Their old stuff (pre rush of blood) I could listen to for hours on end back in the days, never grew tired of them. I'm already a bit...
  6. L

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

now it seems the focus has shifted to what gwyneth said in her second statement about her life being way more challenging than the rest of yours http://www.businessinsider.com/gwyneth-paltrow-backlash-from-working-moms-2014-3
  7. L

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

the sad news brought me here, haven't been here in a long time... i never cared about celeb divorce but this one really saddens me, to be honest, mostly just for chris.
  8. L

Have they lost their minds?

This song makes me want to shrivel up an die- it's that bad.
  9. L

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

Wow I really do not like this song. Could it be more overproduced ? Annoyed right now and very let down.
  10. L

Songs you are currently really into/obsessed with.

i had towers on repeat for quite some time too. love that song. the past few days i've had mumford & sons 'i gave you all' on forever repeat---- just one of those days... sigh
  11. L

If MTM remains only a b-side, where does it rank among your favorites?

I love love love love love this song. I was a rather sad coldplay fan for some time now, until I heard this song.... It's almost as good as my all time fav. b-side.. almost. 1. Easy to Please (maybe i'm biased but this song totally kills me) 2. Moving to Mars 3. I ran away 4. Gravity 5. Only...
  12. L

This song has the edge they have been looking for

it's probably not the edge they were looking for, as it reminds quite a bit of people of radiohead (for me, esp. hail to the thief), and last time chris apparently really disliked being compared to RH and modified 42 or whatever that song was off VLV, no? in any case. i like this song. i...
  13. L

First

love love love this song--- i was so let down after hearing the ETIAW crap but now i am looking forward to LP5!
  14. L

Bon Iver

love the new album, it's on constant repeat in this household. love especially Towers, Perth, Holoscene.. I really can't say I dig Beth though.
  15. L

Jason Lytle (of Grandaddy) / Admiral Radley

where's the love for jason lytle http://www.youtube.com/embed/XWUTMF_ArUs http://www.youtube.com/embed/s0ZV70Flo-8 http://www.youtube.com/embed/i265Ui_ZiMM
  16. L

Does it really matter if it was Plagiarised or Sampled?

e.g. light will guide you home and ignite your bones?
  17. L

HERE'S A GREAT DEBATE

yes. and apparently summer never existed back when they were releasing parachutes/robtth
  18. L

PARACHUTES/AROBTTH - READ

maybe being palz with jay-z has had an effect on chris martin why pour out your heart and soul in an original, achingly beautiful song when you can just sample, get lots of airplay, and make millions
  19. L

HERE'S A GREAT DEBATE

are you kidding me? that part is so so so bad i actually started feeling bad for them -- for coming up with something so shitty
  20. L

The 'negative' ETIAW discussion

i just hope they also know that this tear shit they released today is really shit. also hoping they threw this one out as a single early on because it does not go with LP5 at all. if not, well.. there is still the upcoming bon iver album to be excited about.. which is super super