Welcome to Coldplaying!

Register now to access the largest Coldplay Community with over 100,000 fans and an abundance of Downloads, Coldplay Games and more!

SignUp Now!

Search results

1. W

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

I don't mind complaining. they've become a band with a worldwide fanbase with near unlimited resources. this release was weak as all hell considering its potential. I won't even get into the video production and the whiplash that I get in watching the camera perspectives that jump every...
  2. W

they must have signed an exclusivity deal with amazon and itunes for the HD versions to be released there, thus no physical HD releases. and if so that's a ridiculous swing and a miss by the band and their entire management team. its an indication they simply are no longer concerned with...
  3. W

LP8 Thread - Coldplay's Upcoming Album

In the article perhaps we need to take that quote into proper context. Here's the entire part of the article where that quote is referenced: Last year, Coldplay released the Kaleidoscope EP, which has moved 46,510 units to date, according to the Official Charts Company. "I think it was just...
  4. W

yeah this digital release is a cop out. it pales so much to a legit HD release on Blu Ray. it is not full resolution HD. It is compressed. It is stereo audio only with no multi channel option. the band has truly short changed this release which makes absolutely zero sense considering how...
  5. W

LP8 Thread - Coldplay's Upcoming Album

nothing personal here, but I think they need to move on from Rik Simpson. in my opinion the last few albums and live albums have had some really crappy mixes. Some really head scratching decisions in the final mixes (UP&UP album version comes to mind). I'm sure he's technically very proficient...
  6. W

perhaps the bluray release will be a more standard global release (available in all store outlets, amazon etc) in the near future. whereas the current announcement is an initial special release.
  7. W

WTF? Why is the live show only being made available on crappy DVD? Is there not going to be a bluray release? why on earth would they launch this and only indicate a DVD version in today's age of technology? Even the images of the packaging shows it is DVD format and not bluray. What are...
  8. W

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

If you do it up right it is outstanding. I honestly have no need to go to a theater anymore. my home theater, in many ways, can sound even better since it is calibrated correctly.
  9. W

I am hoping for bluray with enhanced audio options like dolby atmos or at least truehd. prime is nice but the quality, particularly audio, will suffer compared to bluray - and with it being a documentary about a band with concert footage audio quality is fairly important.
  10. W

Coldplay have announced a new film, A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS, which throws the doors wide open on their colourful 20 year history. The film will be available to stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video starting in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand on Friday, November 16 with local language...
  11. W

I would agree with this. from a business decision standpoint there's no way the record company will produce and manufacture/press a bunch of DVDs/CDs of the same show from different locations. It simply will be too costly to do it that way. Now, if they want to make a bunch of other shows...
  12. W

coldplay broke their lengthy social media silence today with chris and phil posting on the coldplay facebook page. it had nothing to do with the live recording/dvd/bluray/whatever they've been up to though. :poop:
  13. W

This is a bit dated since it is from the 2016 leg of the tour, but it was the only pro shot footage that I could find relative to the Paradise Remix that was referenced above. Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/Coldplayers_es/status/800703647973654528
  14. W

have you guys seen this? What’s next in terms of Coldplay activity? Dave: We’ll be taking a moment to catch our breath. We won’t be touring again until 2021 at the earliest. We need to take a break and come back with something really special...
  15. W

Interesting info, but still mostly related to the Mila Furstova Ghost Stories movie.
  16. W

Mat responded to my question regarding the "look" of the final product. Again, a less than satisfying response.
  17. W

This. I mean what's the point in wasting high definition capability if you're just going to use crazy camera/video filters to make the end result appear more "film-like"? Make it true high definition and let us watch the recording as if we're actually there - isn't that the whole idea of a...
  18. W

Random Thought about UP&UP and production in general

This is the original live debut of UP&UP which I consider the very best version of UP&UP despite a few minor errors which are easily overlooked. I think this performance of the song easily shows how the studio production influences on the song and songs in general can, well not so much derail...