Search results

1. thetwinparadox

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

Holy shit I think I know exactly where in Ximending that is.... Too bad I'm not in Taipei now otherwise I'd definitely pay a visit. :oops:
  2. thetwinparadox

Gonna be honest with y'all, the fact that Orphans is the AHFOD sound yet produced so much better and, unlike 90% of that album, sounds genuinely happy and energetic, proves to me that Coldplay never needs to work with Stargate again if they want to make another poptimistic record.
  3. thetwinparadox

The thing is both True Love and Apologize have a nice dance-inspired beat going on. Everyday Life doesn't have that, but I suppose Timbaland gave Will's drums the unique timbre (or rather, Timba) that they have. Also, can we talk about how it seems that too many bands seem to be bringing in...
  4. thetwinparadox

Guns - Sunset

Honestly y'all, in this day and age, if a band releases a song before an upcoming album and it's available to stream on all platforms, then it's a single no matter whether it's released to radio or not or if the band doesn't officially call it a single.
  5. thetwinparadox

Timbaland has a production credit on Everyday Life (the song)??? Bit of a waste of Timbaland if you're not using him for a hip-hop/dance track, innit?
  6. thetwinparadox

Trouble in Town - Sunrise

Man, just when you thought you'd heard every cool unreleased gem from Coldplay....dare I say the song would've worked better in this arrangement (as much as I love the album version).
  7. thetwinparadox

I have no problem with short songs. Tierra Whack's album from last year had only 15 one-minute long songs and it said more in those 15 minutes than a lot of albums do in one hour. Hell, most of The Beatles' biggest hits are under 3 minutes! Length ain't a measure of quality, folks! ;)
  8. thetwinparadox

The idea that music and politics should be kept separate is a rather baffling one to me. Some of the greatest music I've ever heard was inspired by political events. There's songs inspired by poltical tragedy, from Sunday Bloody Sunday, Ohio, The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll, etc. There's...
  9. thetwinparadox

Everyday life - the track - Sunset

Really not sure why y'all think this song isn't finished or is lacking a Death and All His Friends climax? This isn't a song for the stadiums, it's a nice, gentle, somber closer that moves without being dramatic. With just enough of a glimmer of hope. It's a smooth, subdued finale that resigns...
  10. thetwinparadox

Church - Sunrise

Am I the only one who thinks of Hozier's Take Me to Church when I read the title?
  11. thetwinparadox

Little late but because everyone keeps mentioning his name I decided to check out Jacob Collier, and wow, his stuff is amazing! It's barbershop quartet meets jazz if if you filtered it through Laurie Anderson, yet completely accessible and palatable to the average listener. Insanely...
  12. thetwinparadox

Arabesque - Sunrise

Johnny's absence on Arabesque could be because of something as simple as he wasn't able to make it to the studio the day they were recording it, so they just decided to use Drew Goddard's playing on the studio version. The electric guitar in the song sounds very much like something Johnny would...
  13. thetwinparadox

Arabesque - Sunrise

Are you talking about The RIght Stuff? Tbh I can definitely see Noel releasing something as experimental or even more daring than Arabesque, especially if David Holmes continues to push him out of his comfort zone on his next album.
  14. thetwinparadox

Haven't been on here in ages! But just wanted to drop in here and say that Arabesque is such a fucking great song. It'd be a fucking great song if Coldplay weren't the ones who released it, but all the more incredible that they could go from AHFOD to this. And Orphans is how AHFOD should've...
  15. thetwinparadox

ELIMINATION: Songs starting with "A..."

A Sky Full of Stars
  16. thetwinparadox

FINAL ELIMINATION: ALBUM WINNERS

I take it I'm a bit late to the party? :D Sorry I wasn't here to run this elimination, but thanks to AMDB9 for running it! :) I've been quite busy lately and have only now had time to log on! Though I'm quite flabbergasted by the results! Since when is Fly On better than Violet Hill, or...
  17. thetwinparadox

ELIMINATION #π: UNRELEASED SONGS

Fun 3 So Sad 2 Gone But Not F. Cotton 1 First Steps 1 Scandalously, Fun is eliminated. Seriously guys?? Eliminating this over song fragments??? This ain't the (dreadful) Fun from AHFOD!! :P Ode to Deodorant So Sad Harmless Idiot A Ghost A View from the Top If She Comes Back Someone to Love...
  18. thetwinparadox

ELIMINATION #7: A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS

http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/elimination-%CF%80-unreleased-songs.105158/
  19. thetwinparadox

So few votes! :( I think I'll leave it open for a bit longer.
  20. thetwinparadox

Oh, I forgot to vote, didn't I? I vote for So Sad. Hopefully one day we'll get a full version!