03-Aug-09: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

JDFSX1

-Proud Coldplayer-
Coldplayer
My earlier review was from late last night, I feel like I didn't do the show justice.

I actually thought the lawn was highly underrated. During Fix You, a bunch of us got in a line, put our arms around each other, and swayed back and forth. Complete strangers, all of us. It was awesome.

As for the C-Stage, I'm glad I did my research beforehand. My friends actually wanted to be in the center of the lawn and didn't believe me when I said we should stick next to the stage. The guys proved them wrong when they came up, of course.

Elbow sounded fairly Radiohead-like to me, but I still enjoyed their set. Kitty, Daisy & Lewis were fine, but their kind of music seemed very out of place to me next to Coldplay and Elbow.

That was actually my first time seeing Coldplay live - I missed them when they played Boston last October. They went above and beyond what I expected.

I'm already looking forward to the next show (and album of course) - and fully suffering from post-concert depression.

P.S: Jesse, I think I saw the back of your sign?
AWSOME! And that does sound like the lawn was underrated. A bunch of strangers singing together sounds like a great coldplay experience! I wish my row did that! :laugh3:

-Jesse-

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
Brooke your pics and videos are awesome. It seems liker you had a wonderful time and the harmonica squeeeeeeeeeee :laugh3: :D :p

that was one of the best reviews ever..... :p
:blush: thanks!

i keep watching these videos:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkqbP3kPFXI"]YouTube - Coldplay - Green Eyes (Acoustic) Live in Mansfield August 3, 2009[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GD4OtY9WU"]YouTube - Coldplay - Death Will Never Conquer - Will Champion Vocal - 8/3/09 - Mansfield, MA[/ame]

over and over and over, 'cause the first one is where he pointed to us, and the second one (at the very end) was where he threw it to me, even though you can't see it in the vid. :uhoh::wacky:

ohmystarisfading

Sarah
Coldplayer
Okay so I should have written this right after the concert so that I could remember everything but I only had my iPhone with me and it would have been a pain in the butt to type it all out on there....Anyway, here goes:

I got to the venue a little bit after 2:30 with my two younger sisters and we were the first ones there. Shortly after that a group of girls arrived and I figured out it must have been Brooke because she had the Coldplay puppets that she had made with her but I didn't say anything because I thought she might think "Who the heck is this weirdo stranger?" :laugh3: I thought your puppets were awesome btw!

When we were waiting in line I saw Jackie walking around with the venue security, she's pretty hard to miss with that impressive fro she's sporting :lol:

After they let us in around 6pm we ran like crazy to get to pit and not that many people had made it there yet so we got front row, right in between Chris and Guy!!
The only downside to our spot was some really bitchy girl standing next to Lauren (cold_love23) who was a complete space hog :angry:

Watching all of the roadies is always an event, trying to spot and name them is a fun game to play when you're waiting for the show to start so we did just that and managed to see Matt, Bash, Hoppy, Miller, Franksy, Rick and Vicki.

During Kitty, Daisy & Lewis' set I had a good view of the stage door (it's wasn't really a door so much as an opening which they later covered with black curtains) and could see various roadies moving in and out and also saw Chris arriving. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a hat, sunglasses and a scarf (why the hell he was wearing a scarf I have no idea, it was friggin hot out).

A few minutes later I spotted Marianne taking a look at the stage and didn't even notice Will standing behind her at first :lol: I pointed them out to Lauren and she started freaking out (she's a HUGE Will fan) I think Will might have seen me staring at him because we were the only ones looking in his direction, everyone else was concentrating on the opening act.

Then Elbow came on and they were brilliant. Guy is an AMAZING performer and really got the crowd excited. He seems like such a sweetheart.

Then I spotted Chris again, this time he was behind the black curtain-type thing on Guy's (Berryman) side of the stage where Hoppy tunes the guitars/basses and stuff and he was sitting on the floor barefoot just watching Elbow's set.

It was really awesome to see him just chilling out watching the show. My sister asked if I wanted to take a picture of him but I figured if he saw us taking pictures he would leave and I wanted him to be able to enjoy watching Elbow.

Finally it was time for Coldplay and even though it was my 7th time seeing them I was still SO excited, the sparkler thing will never cease to be awesome and the dropping of the black curtain at the end of LiT :eek:

I won't go through all of the songs since they played the same setlist at the last concert I went to (with the exception of Billie Jean, which was fantastic btw).

(These are all pretty blurry but I only had my phone with me :( )

I sang along to every song and danced a lot; I have no idea during which songs but I made made eye contact with Chris, Guy and Jonny (Will was very into drumming and had his eyes closed for most of VLV, crazy man :p). Chris even made one of his goofy faces at me at one point and I also got one of the glowsticks that he threw in the crowd during Lost! which made my night.

Lauren almost got the pick that Chris threw into the crowd because it landed on her shoe but the guy behind her picked it up first and gave it to his girlfriend. They were both really nice so she didn't feel too bad about not getting it.

The guys really seemed to enjoy themselves and I thought the crowd was on the louder side of concerts I've been to ( at least from where I was). It was the last show of the VLV tour for me so I made sure to scoop up lots of butterflies and soak it all in because I know they won't be coming around for a while and even then it'll be a totally different tour.

I have to say I've honestly loved every aspect of this tour, the awesome globe screens, the confetti, the yellow balloons, the different stages, the ramps. It's been a fantastic year of Coldplay music and concerts and I'm so grateful to the boys (and their crew) for doing what they do. They've definitely made this year unforgettable and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I didn't really take many pics or video because I wanted to be in the moment and enjoy it but I'm very grateful to all of you who went and took videos and stuff, I'll be roaming through this post to see all of your goodies :dance:

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
:stunned:

:lol: wanna hear something funny? the whole time i was worried that you guys were thinking that we were freaks for having the puppets and stuff. :p

MrsMartin333

Monterrey; March 11, 2010
Coldplayer
hahaha :laugh3:
yes
and i know im just scared i really wont remember stuff like i really have to focus :stunned:
AHHH i just ordered "Brothers & Sisters" CD from coconuts :dance:
7 bucks :wink3:

Josh42

hysterical and useless
Coldplayer
Shit I gotta do that thing during Fix You tomorrow, sounds epic.

CRYSTAL

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I have to say I've honestly loved every aspect of this tour, the awesome globe screens, the confetti, the yellow balloons, the different stages, the ramps. It's been a fantastic year of Coldplay music and concerts and I'm so grateful to the boys (and their crew) for doing what they do. They've definitely made this year unforgettable and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I didn't really take many pics or video because I wanted to be in the moment and enjoy it but I'm very grateful to all of you who went and took videos and stuff, I'll be roaming through this post to see all of your goodies :dance:
Till now i've been to 9 from last year since i beginned to see them from Today show.And ever since then i always had lot of experiences with Chris in each and every concert.He almost recognizes me when ever i go to a show.:lol:
The most highlight for me is the APW festival where i was just in front of him at one point at b-stage.:shocked2:Man...:shocked2:wow seriously unbelievable.
He tried to get me look at him but i was some what shocked and kept my face to other side while he was looking at me.He was reading my feelings like anything damn..:shocked2::sneaky:
Well any way here too at Mansfield he looked and waved at my direction some times during some songs.So well..any way all over unforgettable tour to me too.

And in all the tours they did this one really is most amazing.The viva tour is memorable and favorite for me.:)And this is my last concert in this tour too.:(

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Lights, piano, action! Third time's a charm for Coldplay

Coldplay returned to MA this past week for their third visit to the Bay State in under a year. While the last two shows promoting their 2008 album, Viva La Vida, were held at the TD Garden, this Monday they graced the stage at the Comcast Center in Mansfield.

Manchester-based band Elbow opened for their fellow Brits; their five members playing a lighter sound than their headliners. Back in England they have ten top 50 singles and four studio albums; in America you've probably heard their music in trailers for "House" or the film Burn After Reading. The began by mellowing out the crowd with slow-churning songs "The Bones of You" and "Mirrorball." Thankfully there was a pleasant awakening a few songs into the set, pumping up the crowd with more volume and a faster beat. The best audience response came from "Grounds for Divorce," one of their stronger singles from the new album The Seldom Seen Kid.

Elbow is very similar to Coldplay's softer side, and after their set the crowd was ready for more. Cue the lights, and enter Chris Martin center stage. The singer's silhouette is highlighted by golden light and the night begins with "Live in Technicolor," a perfect choice for a show opener with it's rush of sound to build the excitement. The laser-lit amphitheater resembles a rave of some sort, with a whole section waving around neon glow sticks in the front row. Flashing lights and oversized balloons raining confetti upon explosion inflate the Comcast Center during "Yellow," and everyone grabs their significant other and sways to the tune of "Fix You."

For every show the band likes to see how the back of the crowd is doing, taking their set to the nosebleeds to give fans on the lawn a chance to be in the front row. After a couple of songs they decide to weigh in on current events with an ode to Michael Jackson, playing an acoustic cover of "Billie Jean." Martin had the falsetto down and hee-hee'd like a pro with the crowd as his backup singers. After running back to the stage for an incredible performance of "Viva La Vida," they segued right into "Politik," where the lights changed and chests thumped with every pound of the piano keys.

Coldplay left Massachusetts with a three-song encore and complementary gifts. Each person in attendance received a free live CD containing nine tracks recorded in the last leg of the Viva La Vida tour; a great ending to an even better concert.

http://www.examiner.com/

VivaLaTaylor

Green eyes.
Coldplayer
ahh so this is my first post on this site. :)
I'm going to leave a review for the Mansfield show.

MrsMartin333

Monterrey; March 11, 2010
Coldplayer
you frekaing suck josh!
:mean:

hi im nicole i was by the c stage too but i had regular seats, i just knew when to run up there :lol:

do you mind if i save the quote of what he said during his song lol :D

VivaLaTaylor

Green eyes.
Coldplayer
So the Mansfield Massachusetts show was my first Coldplay concert ever. And all I can say is, it. Was. Amazing. Period. That was seriously the best night of my life. My friend Kate and went with her older brother and his friends, but Kate and I had separate seats away from them. We arrived at the Comcast center like a half hour before the doors opened, at 7pm. There was no reason getting there wicked early, because it wasn't general admission so we didn't have to fight to get seats. So, we're waiting outside for the doors to open, and I bought a Life In Technicolor shirt. It was 40 dollars, which I thought was kind if a lot. Also they were giving out free Monster Energy Drinks, and I took one. Which quickly made me hyper, haha. Then the doors opened and Kate and I made our way to our seats. When we found our seats, we were very dissapointed. The tickets we had bought were over a hundred dollars, and our seats were way in the back, by the lawn. And there was a huge camera, directly in our way! I went down and complained to this worker that we couldn't see. I wasn't really serious and I really thought she was just going to tell me, "Oh well, there's nothing I can do..." But to my surprise, she took both of our tickets and wrote new seat numbers on them, and handed them back. She told us where to go and who to show the tickets to, and she was extremely nice. When we got to our new seats, we were so happy! We had been moved so much closer! All the way from section 13 in the back, up to section 5. Pretty soon the openers started, and I wasn't too thrilled with them. I didn't like Kitty, Daisy, & Lewis, but Elbow was good. Some music played after the openers, U2, rap, classical, and then the lights went out and Life In Technicolor started with the band coming on stage waving sparklers, I was so excited it was beyond belief! Later Chris stated that the band had played their shitiest concert last night, so they had to play their best tonight to make up for it. That received a lot of cheers. Clocks sported a laser show along with it.

During yellow not many balloons came towards Kate and I, but I did manage to hit one! During

Lovers in Japan, I loved the giant slideshow that went along with the lyrics. Also, tons and tons of butterfly confetti fell from the ceiling.

During the show when the band squished onto the little B stage for a few songs, I thought it was amazing how they all fit and still were able to play! Chris sang a little song about New England that he made up, which was so funny. They also went to another small stage in the back by the lawn and played a few songs.

After they got off the B stage, the thumping beat of Viva La Vida started. At the end of Viva La Vida, Chris lay on the ground as if he were dead. HAHA that was great. :) Then all of a sudden he did a backwards summersault, and Lost! started up. The show ended with Life In Technicolor ii, which was breath taking. The paintings that were up on the screen behind the band were beautiful too. Here's some more pictures of the show:

Sorry if I took up so much room with the pictures! So when it was over I walked away with my new Life In Technicolor shirt, free LeftRightLeftRightLeft cd, and a hand full of confetti. It's been a while since the concert so some of my details might be a little fuzzy, I was trying to remember. So all in all, the concert was absolutely amazing! It's all I've been thinking about since. Haha. I was like on a literal high the next day after, it was insane. I can't wait until they come back to Massachusetts and I can go again. Now my only dream would be to meet Chris Martin (lol like that will ever happen). I think that would pretty much make my life complete. Or as complete as a fifteen year old's life can be. ;)

Josh42

hysterical and useless
Coldplayer
Break it up into paragraphs please. That hurts my eyes.

VivaLaTaylor

Green eyes.
Coldplayer
you frekaing suck josh!
:mean:

hi im nicole i was by the c stage too but i had regular seats, i just knew when to run up there :lol:

do you mind if i save the quote of what he said during his song lol :D
were you talking to me about the quote he said during his song? lol and if so, of course I don't mind. It's not like it's my quote haha. :]