07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

greeneyes1207

Up With The Birds
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
your pics are amazing!!!! I need to find out why mine didn't post..

greeneyes1207

Up With The Birds
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

Will leaving the C stage

they're all gigantic..

moses910

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
idk if they tape the whole show but theres lots of videos of different songs on youtube for specific shows. and theres some on here too
Thanks....I'm used to the DMB community more than the Coldplay community, so I wasn't sure. Taping is a religion in the DMB community...kind of like the Dead and Phish. I knew that sets don't change from night to night, so I purposely haven't looked at the setlist over the past year so I could be surprised (love that element). I really was surprised by Billie Jean. I was more blown away that it sounded AWESOME!

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
Great pics!!!!!
Kaleigh, he really did look very droopy eyed, tired, not himself, great job with the pics.

EnergonCube

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ha!

By far the best show I have ever seen them do. We got front and center in the pit, and the boys were sure on fire tonight. Politik still is one of their best songs live, but boy the crowd was into it tonight. The boys sure did love us singing to fix you. And Chris and Jonny messed up Death and All of His Friends, and Chris blamed it on a good looking girl that distracted him. We were also by a bunch of Coldplaying people. I have pictures and an almost full audio recording of Billie Jean (which was great) that I will upload very very soon. Other than that what a show!
I got a setlist!

frozengame

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Did Chris mess up during Death and All His Friends? Also, does anyone know when he made the comment about the pretty girl that distracted him? Was that during DAAHF?

greeneyes1207

Up With The Birds
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yea, that's when he commented about a pretty girl, but I have no idea who it was, I was pretty far back..probably someone in the pit I'd imagine

heelsrule1988

NC's biggest Coldplay fan
Coldplayer
Actually, when I heard him say it, I thought he was just making that up to be funny. Although there were some pretty girls there... :cool:

And I'm with you on your sad mood... I don't want to wait a long time to see them again. Although you have another big reason to be sad considering the developments of today. I feel bad for the fans in Tampa, but I'm also very happy that it didn't happen just one show sooner. Needless to say, me and my friend would have been totally devastated.

I saw that happen and was like...lucky bastard!
Same here... I bet that made your night. :)

frozengame

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Did Chris mess up at all in the beginning of the Scientist? I thought he did during the intro.

heelsrule1988

NC's biggest Coldplay fan
Coldplayer
I don't recall him msesing up... and if he did, he didn't say anything about it.

daNASCAT

The Out-of-Tune Scientist
Coldplayer
Yeah, The Scientist is my favorite song and I've heard him play it every which way live and he definitely hit a few notes wrong at the beginning. Awesome concert, was just stunned when they walked up to about ten yards away from me. By far and away the best concert I've ever been too.

frozengame

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah, The Scientist is my favorite song and I've heard him play it every which way live and he definitely hit a few notes wrong at the beginning. Awesome concert, was just stunned when they walked up to about ten yards away from me. By far and away the best concert I've ever been too.
Yeah, I thought he messed up a bit in the beginning. That's awesome that they came that close to you! It was a fun night. I wish I could rewind it.

daNASCAT

The Out-of-Tune Scientist
Coldplayer
I'm a photography major. Not a great photo night for me since my primary camera killed the first battery and the second one was also dead (I thought I had charged it - you'd think that be a number #1 rule)...but I borrowed a friend's tried a few interesting angles, here's what I got.