16 Paradise
17 Us Against The World
18 Clocks
19 Fix You
20 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

North American tour announced
8 December 2011 11:59 am
21 dates in America and Canada for 2012

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL
17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena
25 Seattle, WA KeyArena
27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY
1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)
2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE
22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
25 Houston, TX Toyota Center
28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY
2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
8 Washington, DC Verizon Center
23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST
3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)
11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

Ro-Anshi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Seeing Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl will be incredible, but I sure wish the dates weren't mid-week. :( Makes it hard for us 9-to-5 working stiffs to get there to enjoy the show!

gotcheese2768

Erick
Coldplayer
sooo going. but why on sale the same day? :( it will be hard to get tickets for both shows. i will need to start planning...

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
Yes, I am planning on going to this but have to fly back to SF the next day because of classes. Wish I could go to both shows though!

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
sooo going. but why on sale the same day? :( it will be hard to get tickets for both shows. i will need to start planning...
Guess I'll have 2 computers going, and my husband at work on his...it's not even up on Ticketmaster yet or on the Hollywood Bowl calendar. But yeah, Tues/Wed shows in LA? Bleh...But I will be there, one way or another ;)

Yellow Strawberry

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I had to come here.... because I am so so so sad I wont be able to go to either of these!! I thought I was going to cry when I saw the dates!! lol I will be home recovering from a c/section and have a month old baby... too bad, so sad!

I hope everyone gets tickets and has a blast! After what happened at the last concert with no view... I totally was needing a Coldplay fix!! lol

Yellow Strawberry

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oh they might film their new Live DVD here!
If the crowd was anything like they were for the last concert, very doubtful. I was embarrassed to be part of such a sucky group of non fans, who did not appreciate the great talent that was right infront of them! :rolleyes: Just sayin!! lol

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
I had to come here.... because I am so so so sad I wont be able to go to either of these!! I thought I was going to cry when I saw the dates!! lol I will be home recovering from a c/section and have a month old baby... too bad, so sad!

I hope everyone gets tickets and has a blast! After what happened at the last concert with no view... I totally was needing a Coldplay fix!! lol
Congratulations on your baby! I'm sorry you won't be able to go :( And I am so with you on the UCLA show, but I got really lucky and was able to let that one go after seeing them a few times since then to erase that memory. We will take pictures! And make all Coldplayers proud :)

kittybitty

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Seeing Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl will be incredible, but I sure wish the dates weren't mid-week. :( Makes it hard for us 9-to-5 working stiffs to get there to enjoy the show!
Good reason to save my vacation time and take a couple of days off.

Yellow Strawberry

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Congratulations on your baby! I'm sorry you won't be able to go :( And I am so with you on the UCLA show, but I got really lucky and was able to let that one go after seeing them a few times since then to erase that memory. We will take pictures! And make all Coldplayers proud :)

Why thank you! :) Even though this little one could not "hear" just yet, he was at the UCLA show.. hehe I told my mom about missing a concert and she was like, oh, how come.. and I told her the date.. she laughed and agreed my sacrifice is well worth it!!

I may be sleep deprived when the time comes, but I will be anxiously be waiting for pics and video from the concert! Heck, the trip to my parents, which will be at least 2 more.. consist of Coldplay, The Killers and Lincoln Park... and if it is just me in the car, you can bet that Coldplay is blasting.. probably loud enough for the baby to rock out!! Although we cant play Parachutes, cause its too mellow for long boring car rides.. hehehe

Oh and for a funny.. my 4 year old calls Chris, "big daddy" from the movie Kick @$$.. because of the "Fix You" video.. so I an get away with watching the videos on demand... and tell him its Big Daddy, and he will usually let me watch them hahahaha If I am looking at pics.. he will point to "big daddy" it is so funny!! :D

Karencorpse

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I pl;an to see Coldplay there. I don't like that at the Hollywood Bowl that most of the seats are far away.

iduran20

Imelda
Coldplayer
I sure wish these shows had been on a weekend instead! It's hard going on weekdays because of school. :\ Ah but I'm still excited and hope I can go to at least one! :)

gotcheese2768

Erick
Coldplayer
i'm not bashing anyone at all. because i have work and school. but when CP goes on tour near LA i am there one way or another.... i'm already scheming on what to tell my boss and professors should there be a test or anything lol....

i definitely will go to one show. hopefully both. never been to the hollywood bowl... hmmmm. oh well having seen CP 6 times i just want to be there.... i just told my mom that "my soul hurts knowing coldplay is in LA and i'm just an hour away". if i didn't attend that is. :rolleyes: i'm crazy i know..

iduran20

Imelda
Coldplayer
^ :lol: I would be like that too but I'm still underage and in high school so I'm still dependent on my parents' permission and money on these type of things unfortunately so I still have to consider that I have school on those days and that may not go so swell with them. :( I'm going to try to be very convincing within now and the month left to buy the tickets!

HIGHSPEEDER

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
hey fellow angelinos, it might be worth seeing them in another city, or at least waiting for the second leg of this tour, which trust me there wiil be.. i saw coldplay at the hollywood bowl in 2003, and while it is a historic venue, it's also a drag to see a band like coldplay at that venue, because of its small size and design bands are limited on what they can do with the place as far as staging and light show. the concert i saw in 2003 was a watered down version of there AROBTTH tour.. and the mx tour light show is something to see, so i dont wanna see a watered down version of it. plus the "hollywood bowl" is such small potatoes for a band like coldplay.. i would like to see them attempt to fill up staples center. i know they can do it! i dont know why there not trying it! personally my advice is to make an effort to see them in Las vegas whenever it is they get there (and you know they will) the mgm grand is such a better arena and the Las vegas crowd is sooooo much better than a yuppie filled to cool for school LA crowd

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
hey fellow angelinos, it might be worth seeing them in another city, or at least waiting for the second leg of this tour, which trust me there wiil be.. i saw coldplay at the hollywood bowl in 2003, and while it is a historic venue, it's also a drag to see a band like coldplay at that venue, because of its small size and design bands are limited on what they can do with the place as far as staging and light show. the concert i saw in 2003 was a watered down version of there AROBTTH tour.. and the mx tour light show is something to see, so i dont wanna see a watered down version of it. plus the "hollywood bowl" is such small potatoes for a band like coldplay.. i would like to see them attempt to fill up staples center. i know they can do it! i dont know why there not trying it! personally my advice is to make an effort to see them in Las vegas whenever it is they get there (and you know they will) the mgm grand is such a better arena and the Las vegas crowd is sooooo much better than a yuppie filled to cool for school LA crowd
You know, Hollywood Bowl and Staples Center both have a seating capacity of 18-19,000? Honda Center is also at 18-19,000. Verizon Wireless in Irvine is 16,000. Unless you go to a stadium, Dodger, Angel, Rose Bowl or Coliseum, that's as big as you get in the LA area.

y3110w

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm really hoping I could go. It's all up in the air right now but if I survive the holidays with cash in tow then I will. I already bought premium tix for another artist, around the same time as this too, so I'm just stretching my budget for concerts next year.

Karencorpse

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I saw Coldplay at Home Depot Center where the Galaxy won the Championship last month, and that place is bigger than Staples or Hollywood bowl. One warning about the Bowl is that there are lots of box seats in the front which take up a lot of room for the few people in them and most of the seats go way in the back. If you are in the middle the sound drops volume. I would not even want to think about being in the back which is super far away.