[1-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

DanielColdplay22

Stuck In Reverse
Coldplayer
We got there early and parked at the lot at HOllywood and Highland. $10, and walked to the venue, about 1/2 mile. Parking around the venue was plentiful, but ranged in price from $20-35, lots of stacked parking and then getting out of that area looked to be pretty bad.
I was contemplating using the Lot across from the Bowl, the one with the park benches, but since I used the Hollywood and Highland lot before (for Jimmy Kimmel Live, well the recent Coldplay one), I will definitely use that instead when I go Friday night.

thanks for the reference Dianne. :)

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
MX/Hurts Like Heaven

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m-oZX7IGCM[/ame]

In My Place

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtqQA7DRLEg[/ame]

The Scientist

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7C7B_VCXEg[/ame]

Yellow

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgEUM-utPrg[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=isK8A9kBYu8[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG8xE3fUsdY[/ame]

GPASUYF

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbZ9gt16MgQ[/ame]

Up In Flames

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFjsAkuVDAM[/ame]

Warning Sign

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJydNw0ycw[/ame]

Viva La Vida

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuRYpD6xqno[/ame]

Charlie Brown

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxlQhJ9baU[/ame]

Paradise

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFFEJw8xBU[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=co2uKGVhRGE[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkQETCT75is[/ame]

Us Against The World

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7U6Y2K9Ak[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=efOz51c8QCI[/ame]

Clocks/Fix You

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wRhqwMPvg[/ame]

Fix You/ETIAW

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=S57DEUt1MxY[/ame]

ETIAW

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBYLBpWsVRY[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGOIAe4Sq4[/ame]

Comicforce

Elephant
Coldplayer
(sorry it's so long, not easy for me to write anything or write reviews)I'd like to keep it as real as it could be. So years from now I could go back and read it again, and be happy again while reading again. ;) :) :heart:

Hollywood Bowl is inside as Chris sung last night. What a show and what a great time. The Hollywood Bowl was spectacular.

First, my attempt to park and ride was to be unsuccessful. Tried to catch the shuttle in Pasadena and watched it leave when I pulled in to the lot and the nice guy said. They just left. :laugh4: I said, yes. I just watched it leave. :( The times posted on the net were wrong. The last bus was to leave at 6:30 and it wasnt quite 6:30 yet. :sick: So the guy said, try to catch one at the Zoo. They might be running late.

I took the advice from the live thread to park in one of the Hollywood lots. When visiting Hollywood I often park at the Hollywood and Orange lot. It's only $10.00. They told me to walk across the street and I could take the shuttle or I could walk. The shuttle was only $5.00 round trip and I was running late and missed the opening acts and took the very crowded bus. It was awesome, people were so happy and excited.

First I have to say having never been to the Hollywood Bowl. I loved it, yes the chairs are weird but alas I didn't have anyone interupting my concert and leaving to buy drinks or use the restroom continually and was snuggled in my little cozy spot for the night in the terrace boxes. Where I was fine and okay. ;)

The lasers, the fireworks, the confetti, the images and wall graffitti, the xylobands, the cloudy night sky, the happy fans and cool vibe. Made it one of the most exciting and awesome Coldplay show for me.

Problems with the xylobands and the girl next to me at first. They eventually turned on. :)

Chris's vocal range continues to amaze me. Clocks, Fix You..he seems to quite able to change his range numerous times and it seems easy for him.

Princess Of China worked very well in live form. Seeing it in the videos doesn't come off as real as it is live. It's very well done and Chris put some interesting new vocals to it as Jonny put some guitars I hadn't heard before. I like what they all did there.

Don't Let It Break Your Heart is the new Politik for me. The beginning opening drumming sees to grab you and take you to a better more encouraging space. The lyrics to that song and it's message is much brighter and hopeful and the song just puts me in Paradise.

Lovers In Japan is performed so well and I don't know what else to say about it but it fits the seltlist well and happily blends into the whole MX vibe.

Us Against the World and the guitars. Like what they did there. It's an awesome thing for Coldplay to reach the fans in the back. You get this sucken feeling when you have to sit in the back and all the fan is upfront, the good pics and the band and fan interaction seems lost and them setting up a stage for the fans in the back makes them feel so much better, trust me I know. :)

Charlie Brown was so visually exciting and so was Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall. Apart from them being great songs the images at the bowl were just great. It's a great closer for the show and Chris vocals and what he's done to the song makes it easier for him to sing. The emphasis on every tear lyrics gave me goosebumps last night.

Paradise has come a long way. The audience is so in tuned with the song. People are singing their hearts out. We even started singing a Paradise chant just for the fun of it.

Always feel so lucky and blessed to see a Coldplay show live and all the little things. All the little things and the mention of your city and place make things so special. The feeling I take from a Coldplay show is this. They all seem to pay careful attention. Chris and his vocals and feelings he's puts into the song he sings. Jonny's guitar playing and Guys careful attention to his bass playing. Will's animal style drumming makes it one of the best live acts I've seen. No matter all the extra added awesome things they keep adding to the table. It has to be somewhat pricey to give the fans all this and they are truly giving it back to us. By giving it their very best of what they do best. It's very inspirational to me watching this in true form.

I'm lucky again I will get to see them on Friday and relive it all over again. I pinch myself each and every time I'm able to see them live and thank my lucky stars for what I'm seeing.

:heart: :heart:
Fab review! THANK you for sharing it! It made me feel like I was there too...:D

I can't wait for June now! Thanks for pointing out the different things the guys are now doing with the show, I am trying very hard to resist watching all these new videos, because I would love it to be fresh when I see it next month. I think the trouble when I saw them last year was just this, I had seen SO many live shows online, streamed etc, it wasn't any new any more.. I knew the setlist off by heart.. Didn't mean it wasn't awesome.. just want this time to be BETTER.. :D

stretchdogg

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Bowl Show #2

I concur with the above reviews... just a stunning show, the complete package at the Bowl. The Old Lady had a fresh coat of graffiti and was looking pretty sharp tonight.

I was seated in the back row of the Terrace boxes, just off center, and how lucky was that? Just 10 feet across the walkway from the C stage, as it turned out. We were just screaming!!!

The Bowl is not my favorite venue, just due to its largesse... seems like it extends into the hill for miles, but Coldplay owned the room, so to speak. They do so much for the fan experience, when really, all they have to do is sing. Thank you, guys.

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Charlie Brown

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRVOvCp3yw8[/ame]

Clocks

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh5xQldPWxo[/ame]

iduran20

Imelda
Coldplayer
I just saw a picture of the night's planned setlist and "Til Kingdom Come" was on there. I wonder why they decided not to play it afterall. :(

gotcheese2768

Erick
Coldplayer
hmm i wish they would have played it. i guess they are just experimenting with some songs. remember when phil was tweeting? hopefully i'll get to hear swallowed in the sea!

iduran20

Imelda
Coldplayer
Yeah I wish they had played it as well!I saw when he was tweeting; hopefully they do play Swallowed in the Sea for you on Friday. :)

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
by Zigabid @ Flickr

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/zigabid/sets/72157629949673627/show/"]Coldplay performs at The Hollywood Bowl 05.01.12[/ame]

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Hard Work Pays Off: Coldplay on the Mylo Xyloto Tour at the Hollywood Bowl

There was no comparison, was the buzz on the shuttle on the way home. People said that U2 was outdone and that no act would compare. You know what? They were right. The show was amazing. When Coldplay takes a show on the road they put their fans first creating a once in a lifetime experience. This show at the Hollywood Bowl on the first of May was no exception. I could list everything it had, but you would miss the magic of the show as a whole.

The musical moments were carefully orchestrated to work the crowd into emotional climaxes taking a wide palette of techniques to thrill and enthrall. The enthusiasm of the crowd was intoxicating as the fireworks surprise and confetti sprinkle from above. Songs were at the core, but the set and the showmanship changed listening to a lifetime experience. One feature that delighted the crowd was the use of balloons that were passed around through the bleachers until they were finally popped by security, emptying beautiful cut out tissue paper birds, hearts and butterflies. On every wrist there was a Mylo Xyloto wrist band that glowed in time to the music in brilliant and amazing colors. The fireworks were stellar in the air and the projections were customized to the architecture of the bowl.

The set list was aimed to please. Hurst Like Heaven, a personal favorite, opened the show. Its upbeat tempo whipped through the crowd as everyone shouted their loudest at the famous rockers. They played through a number of hits like Yellow, Lovers in Japan, and The Scientist, each song a wonderfully executed musical moment. For instance, Yellow was a brilliant set of yellow counterpointed with spots of glowing red adding visual detail to the set. Every note was perfect and all the sound captivating. One part that I didn’t expect to like was God Put a Smile on My Face. This song always rubbed me a little wrong, but the band went so all out, that I stood through the whole tune. Coldplay’s list of hits is so large that they can’t possibly play them all at one show. Trouble being one notable omission, was the favorite of the girl sitting to my right. The show was so amazing that she forgave the band for not playing it. Notably, the people on my right were as into the band as I was and their excitement made my experience even better.

There is nothing that this band will not do for their fans. The band is all over the stage. In fact, there are three stages exact. There is the regular bowl platform, an added platform so the band can play in the crowd and a third more towards the middle of the bandstands for one song. They work themselves into a frenzy. All of the band are dripping with the sweat of hard work. They apologize for it. But, this fan appreciates the exhausting show. At one moment they work so hard that Chris Martin near collapses on the stage. There is nothing that they won’t do for their fans. There is nothing they don’t do for their fans.

Okay, there is the list. There are fireworks, confetti blowers, strobes, bracelets, projections, separate stages, crowd surfing balloons and last but not least, the best rockers in the world. You’ve got to go to the new Coldplay show.

link

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Princess Of China

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=F65InSXLTOE[/ame]

ETIAW

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PNzGzPM64[/ame]

Viva La Vida

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=doaGI7J4_QQ[/ame]

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Hurts Like Heaven

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I2WntynSzg[/ame]

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Princess Of China

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPMqpsOpVMI[/ame]

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Yellow

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VrQKuSWAeA[/ame]

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
blog:

Well, well, here we are again at yet another spectacular spectacular Coldplay concert. This past Tuesday I was lucky enough to visit the Hollywood Bowl with three of my friends and boyfriend in tow. A magical night of miracles where we barely made the Hollywood and Highland shuttle, and where we were able to picnic on not one, not two, but three bottles of wine (okay it was more like 3 mondo-bottles...), endless Brie and baguettes, cured meats, hummus, and my famous broccoli pasta salad.
A night to remember concluded with Chris Martin playing in the middle of the crowd, and ending with a medley of Clocks, Fix You (not a dry eye in the house), and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. Not only did they play my one of all time favorites Lovers in Japan, but they also played classics like In My Place, Warning Sign, and The Scientist and new songs like Paradise and Charlie Brown. It was purely fantastic. [thanks '''mon amy''' http://amyturman.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/lovers-in-japan-coldplay-at-hollywood.html]

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
Another one:
Last night we went and saw Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl. We see at least 3-4 concerts a year, which isn't a ton compared to some of my friends, but it's enough to get us out of the house and keep us feeling young. Concerts still have the ability to almost make me teary eyed with eupohoria, even when I'm 22 weeks pregnant and not a lick of alcohol in my body. The common bonding experience of music is really just pure magic. Everyone singing along, swaying back and forth, cheering, hollering. It gives me chills.
I'm not the biggest Coldplay fan. I mean they're a great band and I respect their talent, but quite honestly I don't even own an entire album, just songs. When we had the opportunity to buy tickets 5 months ago though I knew it was probably the only chance I'd get to see such a legendary band live. Let me tell you they were amazing and I'm so glad we went. The show was so electric, energetic, exciting, and just good, good, good. They sound fantastic live and his energy is contagious. Trust me, that's saying a lot considering my condition.
The whole stadium received these wristbands when we entered and throughout the show at certain times they lit up in unison with the music. 17,000 light up neon wrists was a sight to see.
Baby bean loved the music too, and we've officially taken all three of our babies to concerts in utero. I think that's pretty cool and awesome ;) [thanks '''four flights ''' http://fourflightsoffancy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/concert-memories-coldplay.html ]