10-Aug-08: Tokyo - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I have read interviews of bands that talk about going to Japan and being a bit freaked out. They come out and play and the audience just sits there quietly and claps at the end of each song.

OK Roadie 42 you lazy shit! Give us some high quality Chrissy throwing down in Japanese!

deborahbr

♪ Viva la Vida ♪
Coldplayer
That seems to be Japanese song, no idea what he sings, but it sounds wonderful :)
Includes also "Yellow".

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaRpIW7B160[/media]

Haha! Thank you very much!!!! This is great! What's the name of the song?

Cris_Santos

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I've just watched this video! :D It was recorded in the first day, wasn't it?

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
That seems to be Japanese song, no idea what he sings, but it sounds wonderful :)
Includes also "Yellow".

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaRpIW7B160[/media]
Many thanks for that :)

His Japanese isn't too bad at all - quite surprising when he usually struggles with a simple thank you in Nihingo!!

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Wow, impressive Chris, I'm sure it took a lot of practice, but very well done :D

Gya

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oops sorry, yes, I was posting the vid in the wrong topic.

Cris_Santos

Coldplayer
Chris is always surprising us! First he sung The Scientist backwards and now Japanese! WOW

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
Soon he'll be singing in Japanese, backwards.

And Jonny, Guy and Will will play eveything backwards too.

That was lame :\

Gah I wish my friend would just give me all the details right now! *waiting in vain for her mobile to ring*

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
From this blog: http://gaijinbedbug.blogspot.com/2008/08/wow-amazing-weekend-went-to-summer.html

Now, for the most amazing part of the night: Coldplay! I looooove Coldplay, and have for a good 5 years now. I've seen them before, in Toronto two years ago, and while it was a good show, I have to say that it wasn't amazing. Probably because I had the cheapest seats in the house, and went alone. Anyway, tonight, Peter and I were there and had a good spot. To try and explain; this was in a baseball stadium and we were on the floor. They'd divided the front half of the floor into L and R (we were in L) and into front and back. We were at the VERY back of the front section, so that we could lean over the fence that was behind us. We were really close to the audio tent as well. Running between the front and back and left and right were aisle ways where they had staff/security/the occasional band.

About 2/3s of the way through the set (which was 30 mins longer than it was supposed to be), The entire band jumped off stage, ran down those aisle ways, and ended up on a tiny stage we didn't know was there, RIGHT BESIDE US!!!! They were probably only about 10 people away. It was freaking amazing! And when they started playing The Scientist, my FAVORITE song in the entire world, I actually nearly started to cry. I was certainly on the verge of hyperventilation (this is the song that got me liking coldplay, but more importantly, was a big part of the soccer slideshow that maggie made us before we went to BCs. and won. anyone on that team will understand why the song is so amazing to me). Anyway, moving on...So they were SOOO close and it was sooo great!!! I was soo happy we'd lucked into that spot. And then, bonus, as they were running back to the stage, the bass guitarist gave me a high five! Cool!

Then, the next song (Clocks) was pretty great as they brought Alicia Keys out to play the piano, which was pretty great. Overall, they had a great set, but the last third, from basically the second small concert on was just amazing. I even got a piece of the confetti they blew out of the stage at the end (some shiny mylar butterflies).

We wrapped up the night with some cup noodle, in Peter's car, with the top down, parked outside the Messe, blasting Coldplay. Classic.

Next post will have (slightly not allowed to have been taken) pics and video.

melanieau

Coldplayer
come on Chavi...you gotta shoot for a better body part than just his hand:sneaky:

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:wacky: grabbing parts ?
but you know what he uses his hand for.. *whistles*