[10-July-2011] Coldplay @ Oxegen festival, Ireland

squibby92

I'm So Easy To Please :)
Coldplayer
Oh me too, I will be doing nothing besides maybe buying water and food and then high-tailing it to the main stage and waiting there ALL day, hopefully getting as close as I can. I plan to do the same at Coachella on the last day, and that's just for The Strokes :p. I will probably die of happiness if The National happens to be on the main stage on Sunday as well :dead:.

I've never done a festival before, but at least by the time Oxegen rolls around I'll have one under my belt!
well if you get to the front they give out free cups of water which is a life saver if you plan on sticking round for long like i did last year. i managed to get to the front for everyone i saw except for the coronas, bombay bicycle club (but there was only like 2 or 3 rows of people in front) and mumford and sons and there was only one person in front of me. Just bring food with you that won't go off or melt and you'll be sorted. This will be the 2nd time i've gone so hopefully i'll learn from last years experience to make up for what i did wrong then, which was quite a lot really ha

got my ticket for it today, so psyched for it can't wait now!

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
I am currently working it out to go to this festival. I live in the US and have never been out of the country. I haven't seen Coldplay perform live in almost 2 years and I really really really want to see them. Along with being a huge Coldplay fan, I am also a huge fan of the Strokes. So being able to see both bands at the same place would be something completely unforgettable. I have traveled to various cities in the US to see Coldplay perform but this will be my first trip out of the country. Hoping that is all works out so I can go.

squibby92

Coldplayer
I am currently working it out to go to this festival. I live in the US and have never been out of the country. I haven't seen Coldplay perform live in almost 2 years and I really really really want to see them. Along with being a huge Coldplay fan, I am also a huge fan of the Strokes. So being able to see both bands at the same place would be something completely unforgettable. I have traveled to various cities in the US to see Coldplay perform but this will be my first trip out of the country. Hoping that is all works out so I can go.
when you get your ticket get it for the Red camp unless you're going to the green camp. Blue camp is supposed to be where the scummier people go. It looked it too when I passed it last year going to the Red camp. Still Oxegen is a great festival, hope you have fun :)

johkujii

jjjjjjjjjjj
Coldplayer
well i'm going with Chelsea but FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK they moved The Strokes to friday :furious: now we have to move our flights and get friday tickets as well UGH sucks so bad :(
they announced the days now though...people are saying that The Strokes will probably headline the second stage but..that would mean that The National would alsdo probs headline second stage on sunday? which would SUCK so fucking bad (sorry my language i'm just pissed off at this festival..) I dunno...i just really want The National to play the main stage and The Strokes to play the second stage

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
I've seen Chelsea's tweets about that. :\
Do you know why they moved it to Friday?

Happy to hear though you can change flights... here tickets are usually non refundable!
Unless you're totally rich and pay like 3 times the amount to be more flexible.

johkujii

jjjjjjjjjjj
Coldplayer
No idea..I'm blaming Blink 182 cos they had to cancel and so they probably rearranged some stuff because of that..Maybe cos Beyonce is playing Glasto I think just like Coldplay so they were put on sunday? dunno, they were talking about that on the radio show about how they both play Glasto..UGH this sucks though :(

And yeah I was really suprised that you could change flights on Ryanair! I was sooo sure that it wouldn't be possible haha

squibby92

Coldplayer
i'm pissed over it too, it was a brilliant combination of coldplay and the strokes. It's because it's Beyonce and how popular she is in Ireland is why the strokes got moved to friday. If the strokes are on the main stage though before the script and black eyed peas i'll be fuming, two poppy overrated groups being put first over the strokes would be pathetic. At least Coldplay are still closing the festival though

johkujii

jjjjjjjjjjj
Coldplayer
I just can't see The Strokes playing that early that they'd play before both The Script (ew) and BEP (eww) so I think they'll play the second biggest stage which will be GREAT

squibby92

Coldplayer
yeah that sounds about right, the second biggest stage is the Vodafone stage, which is the stage the Black Eyed Peas were on last year. It's silly really that they brought them back a second year running (especially since they're crap)

squibby92

Coldplayer
well i'm going with Chelsea but FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK they moved The Strokes to friday :furious: now we have to move our flights and get friday tickets as well UGH sucks so bad :(
they announced the days now though...people are saying that The Strokes will probably headline the second stage but..that would mean that The National would alsdo probs headline second stage on sunday? which would SUCK so fucking bad (sorry my language i'm just pissed off at this festival..) I dunno...i just really want The National to play the main stage and The Strokes to play the second stage
If I were you i'd sell your ticket and just get a 3 day camping ticket instead, you'd save more money that way

johkujii

jjjjjjjjjjj
Coldplayer
Well I don't think I'll get the sunday ticket sold, that's the problem..cos it hasn't sold out and it's a printed ticket which makes it harder to sell it :/ and we've already booked a hostel, I think we're gonna stick with that, not really very excited about dragging camping stuff around Europe since I'm going straight to Holland after this too and we're not going there to party or anything, just for the music so camping kinda sucks if you're not drunk I think :p 3 day ticket would've been nice cos of Arctic Monkeys but their new stuff is shit anyways, I think I'll be fine live with just friday & sunday

squibby92

Coldplayer
you could try ebay or the oxegen.ie forum maybe? and also oxegen donate any tents left behind to charity apparently. I don't blame you though. problem with Ireland is that they seem to prioritise R&B and that kind of stuff over all over types of music. Back in March Mumford & Sons were playing in Cork and it wasn't advertised around the city at all, I didn't find out till the day before and it was sold out by then. Then a few years back N-Dubz were playing and there were posters for it everywhere. They either prefer that stuff over everything else or they seem to think there best selling point is towards young teens and girls……

johkujii

jjjjjjjjjjj
Coldplayer
Yeah well I think it's often like if a concert sells out right away then they don't print posters usually, while if it's not selling out or they have a potential to organize another night with the artist if there's enough people wanting to buy tickets, then they might print a lot of posters to promote..I think Mumford & Sons is pretty popular over there so they probably didn't have to spend extra money on promoting the gig very much or something :shrug:

but hey atleast you don't live in the promised land of heavy metal aka Finland :p

squibby92

Coldplayer
I feel for you man ha, but one thing about the Mumford gig in Cork was that it was announced on the bands website about a month before the date and they are very popular here in Ireland so that's what I didn't get like how they never advertised it and The Savoy (where all the 'big' acts would perform in Cork) normally does a good job publicising up coming gigs and stuff. Never mind though

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
I'm going on Friday & Sunday now, for The Strokes and Coldplay. If I had known The Strokes were going to change the day they were playing from Sunday to Friday, I would just have gotten a whole weekend ticket, but...urgh. I blame Blink-182 for dropping out and Beyonce for taking The Strokes' place on Sunday, haha :p. Now I just need everything to pull through for Jo!

Despite the additional, unexpected expense...I'M SEEING BOTH MY FAVORITE BANDS OF ALL TIME IN THE SAME WEEKEND :bigcry:

squibby92

Coldplayer
I'm going on Friday & Sunday now, for The Strokes and Coldplay. If I had known The Strokes were going to change the day they were playing from Sunday to Friday, I would just have gotten a whole weekend ticket, but...urgh. I blame Blink-182 for dropping out and Beyonce for taking The Strokes' place on Sunday, haha :p. Now I just need everything to pull through for Jo!

Despite the additional, unexpected expense...I'M SEEING BOTH MY FAVORITE BANDS OF ALL TIME IN THE SAME WEEKEND :bigcry:
it's going to be awesome! i've already planned out the bands i'm making an effort to see. Got my tent last week so all i need now is my alcohol and for Oxegen to release the stages and times :D

johkujii

jjjjjjjjjjj
Coldplayer
My friend who has gone to Oxegen said that they don't release the stage times until you're AT the festival so you sort of have to buy this guide with the stage times..I think it sucks cos you can't really plan ahead on who you're gonna see etc. I just want to know if The National will play the same stage as Coldplay...and which stage The Strokes play at..WELL anyways, just a bit over 2 weeks to go now! :awesome:

squibby92

Coldplayer
My friend who has gone to Oxegen said that they don't release the stage times until you're AT the festival so you sort of have to buy this guide with the stage times..I think it sucks cos you can't really plan ahead on who you're gonna see etc. I just want to know if The National will play the same stage as Coldplay...and which stage The Strokes play at..WELL anyways, just a bit over 2 weeks to go now! :awesome:
your mate is wrong, they released it all with about 2 weeks before the festival last year along with a free app for the iphone/itouch. They also said today that they'll be releasing allocated stages and stage times early next week :D