[10-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK (warning: m'cr will be busy see P7)

bosly1

Dark Horse
Coldplayer
Had another incredible night last night, my family were totally shocked when I told them where we were going, they had an amazing time :) It was certainly a very different experience up in the seats, couldn't believe that people were going out and in and back again all evening... is it really too much to ask to put your life on hold for 2 hours to stop disturbing everyone else's experience, is it so important to go away for 5 minutes mid show to get another drink? :confused:

Also, there seemed to be hundreds of people leaving at the back after In My Place... very strange. And I was astonished that the three people next to me left after Clocks to beat the traffic!!!
Luckily we had parked right next to the gate so got out pretty much straight away, and only had to queue for 5 minutes outside before we were out of the traffic.

The view was good though and the xylobands spectacular, I was worried that the sound wouldn't be as good being so far away but it was ok - not as good as standing though!
I know what you mean, I went to the June 2nd show at Emirates Stadium and the two people next to me left before the acoustic set at the back of the stadium so this meant they missed a total of five songs! Perhaps they weren't enjoying themselves for some strange reason.

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
holy cowwwwwwwwwww!! Thank you Ian and Jen for all the updates. It must have been so exciting for you both so happy for you two and so well deserved. Thank you for everything you do for us to give us this wonderful forum, now to the Arlene thread....................

melanieau

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
:bomb:

Jen and Ian! So awesome that you all got this opportunity! Can't wait to see some pics :D

Amber

coldplay-crackhead
Coldplayer

Our lovely coldplayers playing with the beach ball before the gig.Of course,there's another kind of "ball".:D

lndnsky

= London Sky
Coldplayer
So great that Mr. and Mrs. Boss got this amazing opportunity from Phil. :)

holy cowwwwwwwwwww!! Thank you Ian and Jen for all the updates. It must have been so exciting for you both so happy for you two and so well deserved. Thank you for everything you do for us to give us this wonderful forum, now to the Arlene thread....................
Did someone make Arlene's thread? Where is it? :)

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Not yet. I don't have a clue what we should post in that thread :lol: (sorry Arlene)

Taz1853

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This might seem weird to you all but I don't feel like I'm fulfilled my Coldplay dream. I can't really remember the night very vividly, it all just rushed. I knew the setlist too much maybe, I knew the songs too much, I'd listening to too many live shows? I don't know.

I think meeting them is the only way (and always has been), the way I'll feel I've completed my goal

buffymaniac

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
go ahead!

This is such an amazing forum!! Hope to see you around more. And thanks for sharing your pics!:D

EDIT: Do you mind if I post the two you took of Chris and Jonny in the C&J thread?:)
No problem. post away :) Thanks for asking!
I might head over there to check things out...:)

buffymaniac

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This might seem weird to you all but I don't feel like I'm fulfilled my Coldplay dream. I can't really remember the night very vividly, it all just rushed. I knew the setlist too much maybe, I knew the songs too much, I'd listening to too many live shows? I don't know.

I think meeting them is the only way (and always has been), the way I'll feel I've completed my goal
Do you feel disappointed about it all flying by?
The gig I went to in December was by far my best Coldplay gig for that reason - Chris was saying goodbye while I was thinking what!? I swear they've only done a couple of songs - I was so into it all and so overjoyed, that I can't remember much!

But if meeting them is your goal - then go for it :)
(I'd be so scared and uncool - I thought about waiting before a Robyn gig once, but couldn't think what I'd say except I love you so much, you're a magical music pixie, will you marry me? )

Taz1853

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Do you feel disappointed about it all flying by?
The gig I went to in December was by far my best Coldplay gig for that reason - Chris was saying goodbye while I was thinking what!? I swear they've only done a couple of songs - I was so into it all and so overjoyed, that I can't remember much!

But if meeting them is your goal - then go for it :)
(I'd be so scared and uncool - I thought about waiting before a Robyn gig once, but couldn't think what I'd say except I love you so much, you're a magical music pixie, will you marry me? )
Well, this on top of the fact I met some nice girls around me but got no names and I'm in a desperate attempt to find out who they were. One person I wasn't looking for called ILUVCOLDPLAY, not sure if that's right, was near me but there was a family and these girls that I haven't got yet. They're in the coldplay panorama, that's all I have to go on!

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
for some reason, photobucket uploaded everything backwards so the album starts with Fix You on 10/6 and works it's way back to the stadium filling up on 9/6.

I didn't take as many on the 10th, was concentrating on having fun :D

http://photobucket.com/ColdplayEtihad

A few favourites from the 10th

JillyBlue

Performer, Coldplay Choir
Coldplayer
Thanks for sharing all the backstage info, Jen and Ian! You made me feel as if I had been there with you (and man, I wish I had been). No one deserves the VIP treatment more than you two!

Mon

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Has no one uploaded any videos for this concert?

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
No problem. post away :) Thanks for asking!
I might head over there to check things out...:)
THanks! I usually just go ahead and post if people aren't regular to the forum, but if you're sticking around, I won't be so presumptous,lol. And I ALWAYS give photo/posting credit when I know it. :)

buffymaniac

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey Guys, added a few more photos to my Flickr if you're interested :)

THanks! I usually just go ahead and post if people aren't regular to the forum, but if you're sticking around, I won't be so presumptous,lol. And I ALWAYS give photo/posting credit when I know it. :)
No probs! I am a bit fly-by-night :D

Well, this on top of the fact I met some nice girls around me but got no names and I'm in a desperate attempt to find out who they were. One person I wasn't looking for called ILUVCOLDPLAY, not sure if that's right, was near me but there was a family and these girls that I haven't got yet. They're in the coldplay panorama, that's all I have to go on!
aww - were they super nice? Hope you track em down? Are they potential gig meetup pals?

I quite like having these ships-passing-in-the-night friends from gigs :)
Though someone did ask for my FB yesterday - the magic of smartphones