[11-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Xcel Energy Center, St Paul, MN, USA

Dany93

Cake Brigade Member!
Coldplayer

After Charlie XCX, this young person approached me. As this person got closer, I realized they were a Coldplay roadie! The roadie asked, “Are you Sara?” And I was immediately in shock! I said yes, and the roadie said that the crew had looked at my blog!

My heart was pounding at this moment. This young roadie said that the photos I took from the concert last night were great! They also said that they really enjoyed my posts. At this point, I am completely honored. I can’t even talk.

Then the roadie says, “Well, I have something for you!” They pull from their jacket…A SIGNED PHOTO FROM COLDPLAY! It says, “To Sara, Enjoy the Show!” I start to cry. I cannot say anything at all! The roadie goes on to say, “That is how you spell your name, right? I wanted to get this for you. Your blog is just really really amazing. The boys were worried that I wouldn’t be able to find you! I was too, but then I looked on your blog.” The roadie held up their phone which was open to my blog!

I cannot thank the young roadie enough for the beautiful gift. We chat a bit more, take a photo, and then the roadie was off. The sweetest thing is, this roadie comes back several times to check on me during the show. Coldplay and their crew really do treat their fans with the upmost respect. I am so grateful to be apart of this amazing fan base.

I am SO HAPPY for you!!! :') :dance:
I don't think a lovely band with lovely roadies as these have ever existed before :heart: :heart: :heart: They keep surprising me every day more! And my love, our love for them can only double and redouble every time! :')

KristenCaNaDiAn

Biggest Guy Fan 2012!
Coldplayer
That is awesome Kristen! I dont know if I saw you I was so excited to be there I wish I could of seen you that sounds like a great outfit!!! Me and my sister were wearing white V necks with paint all over it! It does suck but for them nosebleeds would have been fine too! I just wanted to be front row so I could show them how crazy I am! My body and throat aches LOL That is such a cute poster! I bet Guy was blushing about it.
saralovescoldplay92 great pics!
Your outfit sounds awesome too! What section were your seats in?

My body still aches so bad today too. I can barely lift my arms lol.

Thank you! Sounds like you had a great time. I know I did! I was the girl with the elephant hat (if any of you saw me). I got a lot of strange looks, but it was totally worth it :)
Hmm not sure if I saw you. Your elephant hat sounds awesome though!

I got tons of strange looks too. It's so fun to dress up all hardcore though :D

I saw all of you down there dancing! :D I told my aunt: "Next time, we're going down there were the party is." :lol:

--------------------

I have to post my pics tomorrow... There are too many! I have to organize :p Although I did post one in the live archive on their website.
That's awesome you saw us!! I probably looked like a nut :laugh3:

I'll post my pics tomorrow too. Back at work right now :(

zoeyk

GUYGUYGUY ;)
Coldplayer
Our section was 103, we were the only crazy ones there LOL! my body hurts-my voice is barely there. I think they thought I was having fits hahahah. Ya I dont care if people thought I was lame or w/e shoot. Had so much fun-sad its going to be a couple years till they are back.

butterflygirl

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
saralovescoldplay92 I saw you! Great hat-too cute! I got strange looks for my Tshirt and some loser girls were laughing at my sister in the rest room. LAME its like we make it worthwhile when we go we are fans duh! O and were u filling bags of confetti at the end? Hope you got alot your pics are great!
I talked to a girl in glasses in the restroom because we had both made shirts, and when I walked out with my 12 year old daughter (who also had a shirt), some girls laughed at us. I bet you it was the same girls. I hope they enjoyed watching me dance my ass off in the third row! ;)

zane

Dreamer
Coldplayer
Being it the pit was fun. Some of the audience definitely lacked energy or maybe it's because I'm used to the energy packed audiences of Linkin Park concerts. Definitely noticed the older people and some of the guys just stood there the entire concert.

Anyways, here's some pics (I can't make them smaller or hide them in a spoiler box here):

coldplayfan_115

Going back to Square One~
Coldplayer
I ran into a few people who were incredibly rude to super fans... :(

Right before Coldplay came on, I had to run the whole length of the Xcel to get back to my seats (I was visiting my uncle on the other side) and got laugh at.

But I bet they didn't have as much fun as we did. :dance: :cool:

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
They just don't know what they're missing! I was almost the only one on my feet in my section for my show, until VLV. Their loss.:)

zoeyk

GUYGUYGUY ;)
Coldplayer
butterflygirl-yea probably the same girls. Really I dont give a flying F%*& to be honest. I had a great time. i was actually sitting next to some people who were screaming some lyrics too. If its so lame to dress up why are you there in the first place? We are dressed up for their concert. You are at a CP concert right? Yea thats sucky for them..came to an awesome concert to stand around.

zoeyk

GUYGUYGUY ;)
Coldplayer
O and my sis ran out before the encore to use the RR and to make a call and saw all the boys walking pass- I should have gone with her. She was super happy ;)

saralovescoldplay92

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
saralovescoldplay92 I saw you! Great hat-too cute! I got strange looks for my Tshirt and some loser girls were laughing at my sister in the rest room. LAME its like we make it worthwhile when we go we are fans duh! O and were u filling bags of confetti at the end? Hope you got alot your pics are great!
Yes! I was totally get lots of confetti! And thank you very much! I am really happy with how my photos turned out.

More about rude people at the concert - a guy sat down right in front of me and said, mockingly, "I get to sit in front of you!" I guess he knew I was a super fan and wanted to rub it in my face that he got better seats than me? Hahaha, who knows? Some people just don't get it!

Also, the security guard was making fun of me for getting the confetti. I heard him say, "Oh my gosh, this confetti is just the best confetti ever! It's so much different than any other confetti I've seen!" He laughed super loud. Again, I didn't care! I was going to stuff my bag with lots of it! :)

coldplayfan_115

Going back to Square One~
Coldplayer
I don't know if it was one of you, but after everyone had cleared out of the arena (and they were cleaning it up) I passed a girl on the steps with a bag of confetti and asked if I could still go grab some. :nice:

Just wondering :)

smallnshort247

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yes! I was totally get lots of confetti! And thank you very much! I am really happy with how my photos turned out.

More about rude people at the concert - a guy sat down right in front of me and said, mockingly, "I get to sit in front of you!" I guess he knew I was a super fan and wanted to rub it in my face that he got better seats than me? Hahaha, who knows? Some people just don't get it!

Also, the security guard was making fun of me for getting the confetti. I heard him say, "Oh my gosh, this confetti is just the best confetti ever! It's so much different than any other confetti I've seen!" He laughed super loud. Again, I didn't care! I was going to stuff my bag with lots of it! :)
It's a shame that you ran into those rude people, but glad you didn't let them take the joy out of your concert! Keep dressing up for concerts and you'll get lucky. The fact that I got to sit front row for one of the concerts this tour still blows my mind when I think about it!