[11-June-2011] Coldplay @ Pinkpop Landgraaf festival, Netherlands

wisna

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
And, in the end...
I decided to go to Venice, it´s easier for me.
So everyone going to Pinkpop, have fun!
:)

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
woho I could go there by bicycle it's practically in my back jard:D
( I had the feeling they would come this year, it's the 42th version of Pinkpop:))

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
The press conference where more acts will be announced is tomorrow!
I'm looking forward to find out who else will be there. :)

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
The press conference is taking place right now, Jan Smeets said that Coldplay is the most expensive band ever on Pinkpop. And there will be a stage in the middle of the field, sounds like the C-stage will be back! :dance:

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Line-up Saturday:
MADI, ASH, SELAH SUE, MANIC STREET PREACHERS, SIMPLE PLAN, ALTER BRIDGE, DE STAAT, LIFEHOUSE, ELBOW, COLDPLAY

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Line-up Sunday:
LAURA JANSEN, GRAFFITI6, THE BLOODY BEETROOTS DEATH CREW 77, JUSTIN NOZUKA, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, TIM KNOL, WOLFMOTHER, WHITE LIES, KINGS OF LEON

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Line-up Monday:
DAZZLED KID, ALL TIME LOW, BAND OF HORSES, DEADMAU5, PLAIN WHITE T’S, BEATSTEAKS, THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM, THE SCRIPT, THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS, SCOUTING FOR GIRLS, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, GO BACK TO THE ZOO, VOLBEAT, KAISER CHIEFS, FOO FIGHTERS

doritji

Coldplayer
For the Dutchies (Sorry if it's been posted already :

Coldplay wil eigen podium op Pinkpop

© reuters
De Britse band Coldplay wil bij de komende editie van Pinkpop een podium in het midden van het festivalterrein. Dat heeft festivaldirecteur Jan Smeets onthuld op de presentatie van de line-up voor dit jaar, meldt het AD. Het festival vindt op 11, 12 en 13 juni plaats in het Limburgse Landgraaf.

Volgens Smeets is de Britse band de duurste band uit de geschiedenis van het Nederlandse festival. Naast Coldplay zijn Foo Fighters en Kings of Leon de andere twee grote headliners op de komende editie.

Smeets maakte vandaag nog meer namen bekend die dit jaar zullen verschijnen op Pinkpop. Het gaat onder meer om De Staat, Manic Street Preachers, Elbow, Lifehouse en Simpleplan. Op maandag staan 30 seconds to Mars en White Lies geprogrammeerd met de Kings of Leon dus als slotact.

Coldplay staat ook op Rock Werchter deze zomer, maar of Chris Martin en co dezelfde eisen aan Herman Schuermans hebben gesteld voor hun optreden op Rock Werchter is niet geweten.

Edit: ok it has been mentioned, but I don't think they're really talking about a C stage actually

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
They mentioned the extra stage months ago when Coldplay was announced

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2390544/coldplay-speelt-pinkpop.html

Article is in Dutch (sorry), it says that Coldplay wants an extra stage on the field and that they did that before. They did the c-stage thing before, that's why I thought about it. If they can do a c-stage in Nijmegen, they can also pull it off in Landgraaf.

doritji

Coldplayer
At least there they mentiond it properly saying it would be the C-stage.

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
They mentioned the extra stage months ago when Coldplay was announced

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2390544/coldplay-speelt-pinkpop.html

Article is in Dutch (sorry), it says that Coldplay wants an extra stage on the field and that they did that before. They did the c-stage thing before, that's why I thought about it. If they can do a c-stage in Nijmegen, they can also pull it off in Landgraaf.
I wonder if they're gonna do they're whole performance there, that would really be cool and I would be standing at the front!:D

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
After half an hour of getting redirected to the homepage because too many people tried accessing the Pinkpop sale I GOT MY TICKET! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Who else bought theirs already?

Kroket

Nikki
Coldplayer
^ hehe cool. Bit more than 7 million seconds to go. not that much... :p

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
I can't buy my ticket now, I have to wait until next week :(