11-Mar-2010: Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, Mexico - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

SarahSchimidt

Music is the weapon of the future
Coldplayer
Honey You Are a Rock

When I was 13, I was going through hell.

Music saves you. And when I was 13, only "Green Eyes" could soothe me, calm me, relax me, and give me a moment to think and breathe and rethink the screams that were building up inside me. "Green Eyes" was not the first Coldplay song I heard. It wasn't the first Coldplay song I fell in love with, or the reason I began to buy their records. But "Green Eyes" had the power of making me feel at home.

It's been said that there are more people in the world who hate Coldplay than those who love them. I, for one, do not understand who these people are. I've met these people, and some are friends. I've heard people say Coldplay's music is depressing, or pretentious, or stupid. I, for one, do not understand why these people believe this.

I've been waiting for years for Coldplay to come to my city. And I've been planning that concert with my best friend, whom I made a pact with that we would not go to our first Coldplay concert without each other. Which is why, after many opportunities of seeing them live in other cities, we waited until we could both go to Coldplay's first concert in Monterrey. That was last night, March 11 2010, when the band played at Estadio Universitario to close their Viva la Vida tour.

After a 10-hour bus ride from Austin and a 10-hour wait outside and in the stadium, my back out, my legs and feet sore, my eyes red and puffy from the lack of sleep, my mouth dry, the lights went out and I heard screams.

Coldplay's songs are not about sex. Coldplay's songs do not have the word "bitch" in every other verse. Coldplay's songs are not about getting wasted, or the curve of a fine ass.

Coldplay's songs speak of hope and urgency, confusion and dreams, they speak of loss and about finding a way back. They speak of belonging, friendship, possibility and politics and wishful thinking. They speak of freedom. They speak of fairness.

Chris Martin's voice is not the finest. It's far from perfect. Weird, even.
Chris Martin's voice is pure and honest, the sound of heartbreak. The sound of peace.

When you see the four boys live, they look like just that- boys. Boys running around the stage, smiling tiny secret smiles when listening to the thousands of voices that know their music by heart.

Last night I cried. At first I cried of frustration, pain, tiredness, and because my best friend was nowhere to be seen. In midst of the madness, we lost each other. And then I cried for the music. And no, I was not the only one. And no, it was not only girls that cried last night. Coldplay's music does not only speak to girls, it does not only speak to gay men (like many straight Coldplay-hating men would think). It speaks to the hopeless, or the worried, the excited and eager, the joyful, the madly in love, the indecisive.

I tightly grasped a friend's hand last night while "Fix You" was playing. The lights bright and Martin at the piano, there was a silent wish that could be heard through everybody's singing.

The beauty of their music lies in the impact it has in its listeners. After seeing them live, all I wanted to do was write. Write while the memory of "Shiver" was still fresh in my mind and the image of Will Champion's smile was still infectious. And like I wanted to get home and write, I bet a lot of people left wanting to play the guitar, or paint, or take a photography course, or dance and laugh, or play soccer with more drive and confidence than they had before, or with a greater reassurance that one day they will accomplish what they've been wanting to accomplish.

"Green Eyes" wasn't played last night, and neither was "See You Soon", another one of my favorites. But it was an amazing night, a memorable night. And when I found my best friend outside the stadium after the concert, it did feel like the plan didn't go 100% like we wanted it to. But there'll be more nights like this, without the 10-hour bus ride and the sore feet.

And for those who say they hate Coldplay, I hope for their own sake that they give their music another listen.

All music has the potential of saving someone.

http://meinsideyourhead.blogspot.com/2010/03/honey-you-are-rock.html
This is really, REALLY, REALLY beautiful!!
Thank you for your review!

edward_kingdom

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
neta q ese fuiste tu??
Yo estaba ahi casi casi alado de ti...con Violet hehe.
Llegue un poquitin despues porque fui a presentar, pero ahi te vi, hehe
q suerte a tuya, neta
There's also one of my friends...Alberto.
______________________________________________--

Here are some pictures that i upload on my imageshack account...i leave my link for you see it...its close to 170 pics, :D
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5441/dsc03085j.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7607/dsc02947t.jpg
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9223/dsc02948m.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/631/dsc03051.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/832/dsc03055e.jpg
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3302/dsc03058u.jpg

here are some more: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/ana_csi
select on the tags "live" and you will see all of them :D
sorry for the bad quality...people were moving around most of the time :S

CUAL ERAS TU????
No te vi, vi a la amiga de Violet pero a ti noo.... tu tambien alcanzaste foto con Chris???? o nadamas Violet?, jajajaj mendiga Violet fue la mas ganona :p!!!

jajajaja hey dimeeeeeeee todoooo!!!

Pa que no me saludas!
Yo era el de la camisa verde que decia VIVA LA VIDA en una esquina y que al final llegue de nuevo al hotel porque ya me habia ido pero pase en la troca y vi que ya estaban todos ordenados, jajajaj , so me regresée :p!

ana_berryman

Guy's Lover
Coldplayer
CUAL ERAS TU????
No te vi, vi a la amiga de Violet pero a ti noo.... tu tambien alcanzaste foto con Chris???? o nadamas Violet?, jajajaj mendiga Violet fue la mas ganona :p!!!

jajajaja hey dimeeeeeeee todoooo!!!

Pa que no me saludas!
Yo era el de la camisa verde que decia VIVA LA VIDA en una esquina y que al final llegue de nuevo al hotel porque ya me habia ido pero pase en la troca y vi que ya estaban todos ordenados, jajajaj , so me regresée :p!
no no no no no
yo no fui al hotel, hehe
te vi en la fila...estabas en la fila cerca de violet no??
ahi estaba yop :D
bueno...supongo q eras tu, xD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21GbnuKTWYM"]YouTube- Death And All His Friends - Coldplay @ Monterrey, Mexico (11-March-10)[/ame]
all mine :D
hope you can watch it, cuz to me said theres an error

edward_kingdom

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Heeeey!!!

Que onda :)!

Pues si, yo le di el lugar en la fila a Violet!!!

Y pues yo era el del saquito celeste! a fuerza me debiste de haber visto!!! jajajajaja.... y mas cuando llegué todo emocionado presumiendo mi CD Left Right Left Right Left que estaba firmado por la banda que me regaló el staff!!!, jajaja

:)! Porque no me saludaste!!! :D!!!

Tu quien eras??? en que parte estabas?

xdanny16

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Monterrey Videos

i was fortunate enough to go to their last concert in Monterrey...i took some video pretty good quality but i am not able to get it into my laptop because i can't seem to find my card reader :(...
hopefully i will find it soon so you can all enjoy the vids..

Violet Lost

Mrs. Martin
Coldplayer
:laugh3: haha Eduardo y Ana ahhh pero siii muchas gracias por el lugar Eduardo netaaa es que ya llegue bien tarde a mty y ya estaba bien atras gracias por el favor y Ana si te dije de los dos chavos que el staff les regalo unos LRLRL autografiados pues uno de ellos era Eduardo... ;)

edward_kingdom

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Jajajaja

Y el otro chavo era mi mejor amigo, Saul Eduardo :)
Jajajaja

todo por panchosos y traer los sacos de Viva La Vida :D!!!

Macintosh

Through the glory of life
Coldplayer
Yeah, really, what were the last Chris words in this tour?

lndnsky

= London Sky
Coldplayer
Honey You Are a Rock

When I was 13, I was going through hell.

Music saves you. And when I was 13, only "Green Eyes" could soothe me, calm me, relax me, and give me a moment to think and breathe and rethink the screams that were building up inside me. "Green Eyes" was not the first Coldplay song I heard. It wasn't the first Coldplay song I fell in love with, or the reason I began to buy their records. But "Green Eyes" had the power of making me feel at home.

It's been said that there are more people in the world who hate Coldplay than those who love them. I, for one, do not understand who these people are. I've met these people, and some are friends. I've heard people say Coldplay's music is depressing, or pretentious, or stupid. I, for one, do not understand why these people believe this.

I've been waiting for years for Coldplay to come to my city. And I've been planning that concert with my best friend, whom I made a pact with that we would not go to our first Coldplay concert without each other. Which is why, after many opportunities of seeing them live in other cities, we waited until we could both go to Coldplay's first concert in Monterrey. That was last night, March 11 2010, when the band played at Estadio Universitario to close their Viva la Vida tour.

After a 10-hour bus ride from Austin and a 10-hour wait outside and in the stadium, my back out, my legs and feet sore, my eyes red and puffy from the lack of sleep, my mouth dry, the lights went out and I heard screams.

Coldplay's songs are not about sex. Coldplay's songs do not have the word "bitch" in every other verse. Coldplay's songs are not about getting wasted, or the curve of a fine ass.

Coldplay's songs speak of hope and urgency, confusion and dreams, they speak of loss and about finding a way back. They speak of belonging, friendship, possibility and politics and wishful thinking. They speak of freedom. They speak of fairness.

Chris Martin's voice is not the finest. It's far from perfect. Weird, even.
Chris Martin's voice is pure and honest, the sound of heartbreak. The sound of peace.

When you see the four boys live, they look like just that- boys. Boys running around the stage, smiling tiny secret smiles when listening to the thousands of voices that know their music by heart.

Last night I cried. At first I cried of frustration, pain, tiredness, and because my best friend was nowhere to be seen. In midst of the madness, we lost each other. And then I cried for the music. And no, I was not the only one. And no, it was not only girls that cried last night. Coldplay's music does not only speak to girls, it does not only speak to gay men (like many straight Coldplay-hating men would think). It speaks to the hopeless, or the worried, the excited and eager, the joyful, the madly in love, the indecisive.

I tightly grasped a friend's hand last night while "Fix You" was playing. The lights bright and Martin at the piano, there was a silent wish that could be heard through everybody's singing.

The beauty of their music lies in the impact it has in its listeners. After seeing them live, all I wanted to do was write. Write while the memory of "Shiver" was still fresh in my mind and the image of Will Champion's smile was still infectious. And like I wanted to get home and write, I bet a lot of people left wanting to play the guitar, or paint, or take a photography course, or dance and laugh, or play soccer with more drive and confidence than they had before, or with a greater reassurance that one day they will accomplish what they've been wanting to accomplish.

"Green Eyes" wasn't played last night, and neither was "See You Soon", another one of my favorites. But it was an amazing night, a memorable night. And when I found my best friend outside the stadium after the concert, it did feel like the plan didn't go 100% like we wanted it to. But there'll be more nights like this, without the 10-hour bus ride and the sore feet.

And for those who say they hate Coldplay, I hope for their own sake that they give their music another listen.

All music has the potential of saving someone.

http://meinsideyourhead.blogspot.com/2010/03/honey-you-are-rock.html
This made me cry... Amazing.

lafferty23

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I haven't posted on here for a while but I just can't believe the viva era is over. The jackets, the guitars have made their final appearance... i feel so emotional!

Bring on the new era though!

ana_berryman

Guy's Lover
Coldplayer
huy violet...me hubieras dicho q era el para saludarlo, xD
hahahaha
Yo traia una blusa q decia 'Miss Berryman' que Violet me acababa de regalar, xD
btw, Macintosh one of the last words apper in one video that i about to upload in YouTube...
i belive it was 'Viva Mexico Cabrones' haha :lol:

Here is other of my videos...
LiT and a part of Fix You:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmnftWPwfeg"]YouTube- Life In Technicolor - Coldplay @ MTY, Mexico (11-March-10)[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSCmAyq0Xo"]YouTube- Fix You - Coldplay @ MTY, Mexico (11-March-10)[/ame]

joliefan4life

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
im such an idiot hahahaha i left the hotel around 10 because someone told us they were gone already and honestly i was very tired because my sister and i waited too long at night, and i didnt sleep at all, if i knew for sure they were coming out to sign i would have waited...ah well, there's always another chance :)

NumbersGirl

Walker Kitty
Coldplayer
I haven't posted on here for a while but I just can't believe the viva era is over. The jackets, the guitars have made their final appearance... i feel so emotional!

Bring on the new era though!
Mmmm, kind of... the real "final appearance" will be when people who won them in the clearout sale post pictures of them in that thread. :awesome: I can't wait to see their pics! :dance:

L

LiquidSky

Hey guys! I got home yesterday...just leaving a quick message... I missed the part where Chris asked the audience to stop pushing & I'm sure the people around me did so as well because I was being squashed and it wasn't just me.. there were guys (males!) who fainted! :surprised: and it was barely like the 2nd song. Then there was this other guy who couldn't even get out! He didn't had enough energy to get out. The concert was crazy. There were a lot of girls screaming and begging to get out. Where I was on the first song there was about 6 people that had to get out 'cause the crushing was too much for them and they were not even singing yet. Anyway, I enjoyed the concert and was able to handle and go along with the crowd but the pushing was just extremely hard.. my arms & my chest are still sore!:laugh3::stunned:

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
oh Viri! i hope you didn't get too squooshed. we would love to see your pics!

Stefan8

I do know some things
Coldplayer
Hey guys! I got home yesterday...just leaving a quick message... I missed the part where Chris asked the audience to stop pushing & I'm sure the people around me did so as well because I was being squashed and it wasn't just me.. there were guys (males!) who fainted! :surprised: and it was barely like the 2nd song. Then there was this other guy who couldn't even get out! He didn't had enough energy to get out. The concert was crazy. There were a lot of girls screaming and begging to get out. Where I was on the first song there was about 6 people that had to get out 'cause the crushing was too much for them and they were not even singing yet. Anyway, I enjoyed the concert and was able to handle and go along with the crowd but the pushing was just extremely hard.. my arms & my chest are still sore!:laugh3::stunned:
I'm really glad I'm pretty tall and Nicole is as well, but those poor short girls were practically dying! They must've had an awful time. :shame:

L

LiquidSky

I'm 5'3 ft but I'm strong (well compared to someone my size) plus I had like 10 guys behind me and four on one side & two on the other side of me so that helped a lot :wink: No problem Christa! I mostly took videos because the crowd was moving too much but I'll probably post them today when I get home :)

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yeah!!! cant wait!