12-Jun-2009: Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA, USA

xxKels

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:stunned:More????? god you are cruel, thank you, thank you!:kiss:

the ones of Chris/Jonny...i was thinking to myself..."OK, CHRIS, handcheck!":stunned::wink3:

then the next, as if he heard me!:laugh3:

Zeya

Not a true fan
Coldplayer
Hey Gianna...
Your photos are fantastic! :D
Thank you for sharing....
I think I love you now :lol::p

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

:wideeyed: Stares back at Jonny :drunk:

And why were we made to wait so many days for these! :angry:
Gianna needs a spankie! :whip:

Glastra

Rebel Sweetheart
Coldplayer
So, here are my photos from the show, kidlets! Sorry it's taken so long to do a proper update, but I still can't really process it all. So, a rep from Capitol came and got us and we waited downstairs. And we waited. And finally Jackie (the lady with the afro) came and got us and took us into the friends and family room. And then in walks Guy. And then Chris. And then Jonny. Then Will. I'm sure my mouth fell open at that point :lol:

I was so humbled by how humble they are. They are the most down-to-earth guys you'll ever want to meet and Will was such a gentleman during our interview.

Which is here: (sorry bout the sound.....you'll probably have to crank it cos the lady who was shooting was too far away and our voices had nothing to bounce off of)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dlixulJJJs"]YouTube - Interview with teh Will[/ame]

And here are my pics from the pre-show and during the show. We had decent seats, but my camera doesn't work well from so far back. Still, I hope you enjoy. http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=746437017/a=5454539_5454539/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Thanks so much to everyone else who posted photos. They are AMAZING!

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Your link didn't work, so I searched and found it on youtube. Great interview! And Will just seems like the nicest guy. I want to read your winning essay :)

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
So, here are my photos from the show, kidlets! Sorry it's taken so long to do a proper update, but I still can't really process it all. So, a rep from Capitol came and got us and we waited downstairs. And we waited. And finally Jackie (the lady with the afro) came and got us and took us into the friends and family room. And then in walks Guy. And then Chris. And then Jonny. Then Will. I'm sure my mouth fell open at that point :lol:

I was so humbled by how humble they are. They are the most down-to-earth guys you'll ever want to meet and Will was such a gentleman during our interview.

Which is here: (sorry bout the sound.....you'll probably have to crank it cos the lady who was shooting was too far away and our voices had nothing to bounce off of)

YouTube - Interview with teh Will

And here are my pics from the pre-show and during the show. We had decent seats, but my camera doesn't work well from so far back. Still, I hope you enjoy. http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=746437017/a=5454539_5454539/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

That must have been a pretty cool experience for you!!! :D Thanks for the interview, Will is his usual sweet self as usual :nice:

CRAW

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
New guy here. I just wanted to post and say how much I enjoyed this show, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. I have a new found appreciation of Viva after hearing most of it live.

Thanks for the set list and the pics! I was about 5 feet from the band when they came and played in the audience.

Awesome!!! (here's a pic - my wife cheesin' in the foreground) :)

*Perrine*

♪♫
Coldplayer

Awww he seems so nice !
Really congrats for your self-control, it doesn't seem at all that you're talking to Coldplay's drummer !:stunned:

Zeya

Not a true fan
Coldplayer

Hey Glastra...congrats for meeting all the boys..Must be one of the best experiences ever :nice:
I like the way you interviewed Will..You sounded so calm and didnt make a fool of yourself like I probably will...LOL.
Good interview..Glad you won it ;)

Lizzybear

Modern Love
Coldplayer
OK GIANNA!!! YOU NEED TO GO TO EVERY SINGLE COLDPLAY SHOW EVA! and i need to come with u too!:sneaky:

LOOKED AT ALL THE PICS............MY FACE WAS = :eek: + :dead: + :dizzy2: the entire time! :dead:!

Ohhhhhkay. Review time. I got into Des Moines at about 3:30 and kind of drove around for a bit. At 4, I parked and had a nice long walk to the venue in the POURING rain:veryangry2:. I was soaked for the rest of the night but I got over myself because its COLDPLAY!

I went to this show because I volunteered with Oxfam (an amazing organization and I strongly suggest you volunteer at a show at least once)! I ended up getting the most signatures which was awesome! I got an Oxfam/Coldplay shirt! Here is our awesome group!

Everyone say hi to Soha if you see her! She's the one in the yellow pants! She's an awesome and so fun to talk to!

After we were done going around asking the concertgoers to sign our petition we met back at the Oxfam table to get our tickets. Soha told us that she got us really great seats. I thought, 'Sweet! Hopefully we'll be in the 200s instead of the 300s!' NOPE. She got us Row 10 Seats in the CENTER section. When we got to our seats, we were dead even with the end of the ramps! SO CLOSE!

Coldplay finally got on at 9:15. They were ON too! Jonny was so dancey, Will was pounding the shit out of the drums, Chris was all over the place, and Guy even had an extra bounce in his step! The highlights of the evening for me 42 (with Chris hitting that ridiculous note at the end, the cheeky bastard!), when Chris caressed Guy's head during In My Place:bomb::sneaky:, and I'm a Believer (when I heard GUY'S ANGELIC VOICE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!! :bomb: ). But what really made this night amazing was the crowd. They were all really into it. Even the corporate mofos were out of their skybox seats dancing!

Overall, it was a fantastic night! And it was Dan Green's 30th birthday! Happy belated birthday Dan! For those of you who don't know, Dan is Coldplay's sound engineer who has been with them since the beginning! I got a wave from Rick (Liz and I's roadie buddy) and said hi to Phil one of the camera men when he was roaming the halls before the concert!

That's Phil and Rick is the one holding the curtain that's been cut off by my camera.

I didnt take any video because my camera fails at it so you're stuck with my pictures:laugh3:

]
IM SO EXITED THAT ROADIE RICK RECOGNIZED YOU AGAIN :dance: :dance: AHHH i wuv him he is such the best roadie buddy of ours! :hug: :pleased:

thats so great volunteering with Oxfam was a great experience for u too! :D i want to volunteer at a future show sometime too!
nice butterfly shirt too missy! :blush:

glad to know the boys all seemed in a good mood and all "dancy" :lol:

I know the kind of thoughts that are going through Lori, Mel, and Angie's minds when they look at this picture:laugh3::sneaky:

Wishing Dan a Happy Birthday!

"There he is!"

For LIZ!!!:D

ANNND that's it. If you wanna take a look at the rest of my pics, here's the link:

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/Gianna_Logston/Coldplay/Des Moines/

I hope you enjoyed them!
AHHH :bomb: thank you for my picture dearest! :kiss:

your pics turned out FABULOUS as always! :wacky: Chris looks esp. yummy to me in these :wideeyed: is that some extra Chrissy - scruff i see on his face!? :wideeyed:
and the Guy pics too! :sweatdrop: you must explain this "Chris carressing Guy's head" more to me tho! :laugh3: it sounds hilarious......:sneaky::wink3:

Will and Jonny too!:sweatdrop: DAMN!! seriously u need to go to EVERY coldplay show! :bomb:

so happy you had a wonderful time! :wacky: :hug:

Lizzybear

Modern Love
Coldplayer

AHHH congrats :dance: will is so nice and down to earth :wacky: he is SO great! OMG!! :bomb:

so u met all 4 of the boys but only Will did the interview am i right? what did you say to them or them say to u when u met all 4 of them at the beginning?

thanks again and congrats on winning that competition! :dance:

*Perrine*

♪♫
Coldplayer
These pics are so beautiful ! :stunned:
What kind of camera does Gianna use ?
I mean.... look at this pic, the quality is awesome !

hmlc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I wanted to write this sooner but I didn’t get a chance. The show was GREAT! They sounded wonderful. You could feel the music moving through your body and energizing you. We were way up in the 304s, but even though we were way up high we were still able to see pretty well. We saw 2 girls get upgraded. They had no idea what was coming when the roadie sat down next to them. They looked shocked as he walked them down to the front. They were way at the back of our section, against the wall, so they had really bad seats. We tried to get the roadies attention but no luck. I was happy that the crowd was loud and singing along. I lost my voice from singing so loud. The b stage was the closest we got, it was directly under us. It is so nice that they move around and set up in different places so that if you have bad seats you will eventually get to see them closer. The butterfly confetti is amazing, as was everything else! On the way out we got some butterflies from the section below us and LRLRL with no problems. Thanks Coldplay for an amazing night!

Glastra: Your interview was really good! I would have been too nervous to talk.

Gianna: Thanks for your great pics!

labrat2001

Don't Panic....it's mine
Coldplayer
Gianna!!! You killed it with the piccies girl :dead: Liz is right you need to go to EVERY Coldplay show PERIOD!!!

Glastra, great interview, Will is SO amazing and down to earth :dance:

Perrine Gianna uses a Nikon Coolpix P80!! I gotta get one pronto!! :D

*Perrine*

♪♫
Coldplayer
Thanks !
Wow, it's quite big ! Those kind of cameras are not allowed at most of the shows :\