12-Jun-2009: Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA, USA

Glastra

Rebel Sweetheart
Coldplayer
AHHH congrats :dance: will is so nice and down to earth :wacky: he is SO great! OMG!! :bomb:

so u met all 4 of the boys but only Will did the interview am i right? what did you say to them or them say to u when u met all 4 of them at the beginning?

thanks again and congrats on winning that competition! :dance:
Thanks! Yeah, he totally is. And yes, we met them all, but Will only stayed for the interview. When they walked in, though, they came over and shook our hands and gave the standard, "Hi, I'm.....nice to meet you"......then Chris started asking us about how we thought the crowd would be, since they'd not been there before. I told him we'd show them love and let them know they were appreciated. And we definitely did. He also asked what our sports teams were. And what state we were called (The Hawkeye State...."Like a hawk's eye?" :lol:)

We told them about the Winefest, which he mentioned during the show and was brought up in the Register review. It was just general chatty sort of stuff, nothing earth shattering.

It's gotta be just as awkward for them as it was for us, but they still made us feel very welcome and at ease. :D

Lizzybear

Modern Love
Coldplayer
Thanks !
Wow, it's quite big ! Those kind of cameras are not allowed at most of the shows :\
actually most US venues do let us have cameras like that as long as their isnt a detachable lens! and this one doesnt have a detachable lens ;) plus Gianna said the one time she had a problem she kept argueing with them and they finally got tired of her and let her through with it!:p

Thanks! Yeah, he totally is. And yes, we met them all, but Will only stayed for the interview. When they walked in, though, they came over and shook our hands and gave the standard, "Hi, I'm.....nice to meet you"......then Chris started asking us about how we thought the crowd would be, since they'd not been there before. I told him we'd show them love and let them know they were appreciated. And we definitely did. He also asked what our sports teams were. And what state we were called (The Hawkeye State...."Like a hawk's eye?" :lol:)

We told them about the Winefest, which he mentioned during the show and was brought up in the Register review. It was just general chatty sort of stuff, nothing earth shattering.

It's gotta be just as awkward for them as it was for us, but they still made us feel very welcome and at ease. :D
thats amazing!! and yeah im sure its just as nervous for them meeting new ppl as it is for us too! :stunned: even tho they are celebs! were u able to get a pic with them together or anything or no? :)

Glastra

Rebel Sweetheart
Coldplayer
Not me personally, no. The contests were completely separate, even though we were in the same room. The girl from Capitol Records asked Jackie if we could do a pic, but she said after the interview. And then it was just Will left, so hence why it's just us and him. It was a very strange thing, but I'm just glad to have gotten to meet them. I never in a million years thought it'd ever happen to me.

Lizzybear

Modern Love
Coldplayer
Well yes the whole experience is great! meeting them is like the jackpot! :bomb: and one of my life goals! :p haha so great u won again! the interview was great! :D:D:D

Glastra

Rebel Sweetheart
Coldplayer
Thanks again, Liz! And might I say that Chris and Jonny were MUCH taller than I thought they would be, Will MUCH thinner (and def. better lookin! :D) and GUY is soooo damned tiny! I just wanted to pick him up and put him in my pocket, cute little Scot that he is! hehehe

Lizzybear

Modern Love
Coldplayer
HHAH awww :wacky: yeah i know i have been in the pit front row a couple times and they all really are SO much taller in real life :stunned: (and all so much better looking in the flesh if i do say so myself! :wink3:!

justjess

...Time is on your side.
Coldplayer
None of my picture links worked.

I'm gonna try something else... sorry.
:/

forcin

the antidote
Coldplayer
thanks for the awesome pics and vids everyone:)

:dead::bomb: dear gawd, when i die i wanna come back as chris' viva shirt:bomb:

i've never seen them this close together before, so hawtt!:bomb:

So, here are my photos from the show, kidlets! Sorry it's taken so long to do a proper update, but I still can't really process it all. So, a rep from Capitol came and got us and we waited downstairs. And we waited. And finally Jackie (the lady with the afro) came and got us and took us into the friends and family room. And then in walks Guy. And then Chris. And then Jonny. Then Will. I'm sure my mouth fell open at that point :lol:

I was so humbled by how humble they are. They are the most down-to-earth guys you'll ever want to meet and Will was such a gentleman during our interview.

Which is here: (sorry bout the sound.....you'll probably have to crank it cos the lady who was shooting was too far away and our voices had nothing to bounce off of)

YouTube - Interview with teh Will

Thanks so much to everyone else who posted photos. They are AMAZING!
what a great experience that was, good on you, thanks for sharing:nice:

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
Thanks again, Liz! And might I say that Chris and Jonny were MUCH taller than I thought they would be, Will MUCH thinner (and def. better lookin! :D) and GUY is soooo damned tiny! I just wanted to pick him up and put him in my pocket, cute little Scot that he is! hehehe
:lol:

It's true that you never know how tall Chris and Jonny really are until you see them in real life! Will is really cool in person, and he seems to be always wearing some sort of really awesome hat :D I'm ashamed to say that Guy probably wears smaller jeans than I do :p

Still, lovely interview :D Such great luck! Coldplaying karma @ its best! :dance:

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer

Aww...I read somewhere that Chris is 6'2", and Jonny looks about the same height. Geez, if Guy is that tiny, I'm going to tower over him when I meet them in 34 days. I'm 5'10" and my husband is 6'2". I hope we can take pics with all of them.

Were there other contest winners in with you?

KissesBirds

Jonny's Lori
Coldplayer
"I know the kind of thoughts that are going through Lori, Mel, and Angie's minds when they look at this picture:laugh3::sneaky:"

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! :wink3::wink3::wink3:

Thanks for this and for my pic and for alllll the other pics you took Gianna! Seriously, :dead: And I mean that. Wow. :dead:

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"I know the kind of thoughts that are going through Lori, Mel, and Angie's minds when they look at this picture:laugh3::sneaky:"

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! :wink3::wink3::wink3:

Thanks for this and for my pic and for alllll the other pics you took Gianna! Seriously, :dead: And I mean that. Wow. :dead:

My first thought is who's fat fucking head is blocking your shot. Because I wanna see where Chris' other hand is. :sneaky:

*Perrine*

♪♫
Coldplayer
actually most US venues do let us have cameras like that as long as their isnt a detachable lens! and this one doesnt have a detachable lens ;) plus Gianna said the one time she had a problem she kept argueing with them and they finally got tired of her and let her through with it!:p
Oh okay ! I'm not sure we're as lucky in Europe :\
Haha I'll remember that if they annoy me :p

Awesome pics again !

Glastra

Rebel Sweetheart
Coldplayer
Aww...I read somewhere that Chris is 6'2", and Jonny looks about the same height. Geez, if Guy is that tiny, I'm going to tower over him when I meet them in 34 days. I'm 5'10" and my husband is 6'2". I hope we can take pics with all of them.

Were there other contest winners in with you?

At the beginning there was another winner and her boyfriend. That's who the whole band really came in for. Then everyone left with the exception of the lady from Capitol Records and my aunt who had come with me. Very intimate little audience, but made it far less nerve-wracking!

justjess

...Time is on your side.
Coldplayer
Okay, I'm gonna get it this time.

So... These are a few pics from the show Friday. My friend Ann was the only one with her camera (thankfully she had hers!!). We got "upgraded" as they call it, from section 302 to front row. I had the time of my life.

^Right after the upgrade.
We are all estatic.

^Security was kind enough to snap a pic for us right before the boys went on!

^Brilliant.

^Chris was literally standing and looking right at me in this picture. My heart melts a little just thinking about it. <3

^Supposed to be Chris and I.

^Amazing moment.

^Saying Happy Birthday and Thanks to Dan!

^ENCORE ENCORE!!!

^Finally, Chris and I <3

justjess

...Time is on your side.
Coldplayer
Sorry for the repeats...

^This is supposed to be Chris and I...

Thanks to everyone else who has put up pictures!
I've enjoyed looking at them all!