[13-Nov-2012] Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Melbourne, Australia

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
UK band Coldplay take to Etihad stage

BRITISH band Coldplay will perform at Etihad Stadium on November 13, ending months of speculation about the million-sellers' return to Melbourne.

Tickets, which start at $99, go on sale May 25 at 9am from Ticketmaster.

link

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer

Australia and NZ tour announced
12 May 2012 10:00 pm
The band will play four stadium shows in November

Good evening (or good morning as it is down under). We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay are taking the Mylo Xyloto world tour to Australasia for a run of stadium shows in November, when the band will play in Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Said Chris Martin: “We can't wait to get back to Australia and New Zealand this November. They're such special places for us. These venues are pretty huge, the Aussie and New Zealand crowds are always incredible and we'll be bringing everything we've got. It's going to be big."

Support at the shows will come from The Temper Trap and The Pierces.

Advance tickets will be available to all Visa Credit, Debit and Prepaid cardholders from 12noon (local time) in Sydney and 1.00pm (local time) in Brisbane, this Thursday, 17 May, 2012 until 5.00pm (local time), Saturday, 19 May, 2012 or until presale tickets sell out at
www.visaentertainment.com.au.

TOUR DATES

Saturday, 10 November, 2012
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland
Tickets on sale from 9.00am (local time), Friday, 25 May, 2012
www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Tuesday, 13 November, 2012
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100

Saturday, 17 November, 2012
Allianz Stadium, Sydney
www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Wednesday, 21 November, 2012
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Tickets on sale from 10.00am (local time), Friday, 25 May, 2012
www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Ticketmaster info:

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri 25/05/12, 09:00 Local Time

My Ticketmaster Presale
Start: Mon 21/05/12, 14:00 Local Time
End: Tue 22/05/12, 14:00 Local Time

Price Range: AU $99.00 - AU $149.00

link

Viva_La_Coldplay

A spark in a sea of grey
Coldplayer
YAAAAAY! Ohmygod, I'm actually crying. This is so good, ohmygod :freak: :dance:

But only one show...? That's not fair.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
$150, is that for GA? I'd be surprised if it is

gln2d3

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I can't wait till November!!

Just a couple of hours ago I heard that Coldplay will be touring Melbourne, in November 2012!!! I can't wait until then now!! XD
I'm really excited!!!
Can anyone tell me their experiences at a Coldplay tour?
I'm so excited because I live in Melbourne :D

vivalamarcus

VivaLaMarcus
Coldplayer
i hope they dont have seats in the mosh :S like i want it to be like a proper mosh, plus the xylobands will look better without the gaps! cant wait, it will be my first coldplay concert as i missed out on viva and was too young for twisted logic :p hahah really really want to go !

Italian Plastic

lost
Coldplayer
whatever man I'm seeing Radiohead in November

I'd like to see Coldplay but it's during my exam week/i cant afford to fly up to Auckland again after Radiohead

colbourne25

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ticketmaster info:

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri 25/05/12, 09:00 Local Time

My Ticketmaster Presale
Start: Mon 21/05/12, 14:00 Local Time
End: Tue 22/05/12, 14:00 Local Time

Price Range: AU $99.00 - AU $149.00

link
does anyone know much about the My Ticketmaster Presale?? Do you just have to be registered on the site?

gln2d3

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ I can't wait either!! I just saw it on tv a few hours ago! :D :) I might see you there too! XD (Though I won't know of course :D)

Viva_La_Coldplay

A spark in a sea of grey
Coldplayer
does anyone know much about the My Ticketmaster Presale?? Do you just have to be registered on the site?
Yes you do. All you have to do is register with My Ticketmaster and you'll get an email around the presale date saying that you can get early tickets :D I'm already a member so I'll for sure be doing it :D

gln2d3

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm also very excited cause it's my first Coldplay tour and they're my favourite band :) AAGHH!!!

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
I'm really humming and hahing about this honestly

If I went I would like to be able to have a good view of what's going on. But looking at the map on Ticketmaster, all the seats with a decent view are gold tickets... $150... money I don't particularly have.
Arena B Standing as far as I know is $100, but am I willing to put up with the different view, and everyone cramming to get up near the front of that section? That I can't really decide
Plus adding the fact that I don't really like a lot of the songs off MX that they'd probably be playing

But I feel bad if I don't go, I do like Coldplay anyway and would love to go regardless. I'm worried I might regret this. Though I do really prefer the more intimate arena shows... very difficult choice

givelovesolong

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think you should go. You won't regret that. Even if you aren't so big on some of the newer songs -- you know the boys put on an incredible show.

If you're hesitating because of the price, then I really don't think you can go wrong with seats in the silver sections. It's still going to sound great, you'll have those massive screens to watch, and you'll really get to enjoy the light show -- not a bad deal, at all. Go for the cheaper tickets, man. :)

(That being said, I'm even starting to second-guess going GA for a couple of these Australasian shows -- I'll be seated in Sydney and NZ, but these stadium gigs have me concerned that because they are so huge, being on the ground might not be the best thing view-wise. Even if you make it close to the front. I love the atmosphere of GA, and I want to be standing; I just don't want some grumpy bitch behind me telling me I need to sit down. Ugh, shit. I feel like I went through this last time and I ended up swearing I'd never sit again. I really wish they stuck to playing the arenas -- I know how to work them, at least).

Katie_

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'll be flying over for the show with a friend. So excited!

Still tossing up whether to go GA or seats. Probably going to go with seats standing in line for hours is just too much of a hassle.

Viva_La_Coldplay

A spark in a sea of grey
Coldplayer
I'm planning to camp out all day from very early in the morning to get front row if anyone wants to join me! :D

Viva_La_Coldplay

A spark in a sea of grey
Coldplayer
I'll be flying over for the show with a friend. So excited!

Still tossing up whether to go GA or seats. Probably going to go with seats standing in line for hours is just too much of a hassle.
Yeah, I reckon if you're flying over from Adelaide it's worth getting seating so you can see the whole show :) Will you be buying them at the presale on Monday?