[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
Got my tickets for Friday! Still debating between going to this show or seeing them in Chicago, I'm gonna try to do both :)

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
YES! Got our single day tickets. Now to get plane tickets and hotel :) Happy Birthday to Meeeeee :D:D:D
Awww Dianne so so happy that you can finally see them again, and as an early birthday present too :hug:

ivet

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ivet, I think there are a ton on Austin's craigslist right now. They might be ridiculously expensive though. If you're willing to take a little bit of a chance, you can almost definitely get them in the week prior to the festival, and often for not much above face.
yeah, they seem a tad bit expensive and i'm also scared i'm gonna get ripped off ;______;

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
It looks like Friday already sold out! I hope everyone was able to get tickets.

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
Question: Does anyone know of any good hotels to stay at in Austin that aren't too far from Zilker Park but aren't too expensive either?

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Awww Dianne so so happy that you can finally see them again, and as an early birthday present too :hug:
Thanks Denise! I never got to see them after the Tampa fiasco, so I'm excited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jenflor

Give me love over this...
Coldplayer
Question: Does anyone know of any good hotels to stay at in Austin that aren't too far from Zilker Park but aren't too expensive either?
Pretty much any hotel you can get into downtown should be good. You'll likely take the shuttle bus from Republic Square Park to Zilker. Just make sure you're west of I-35. I can't vouch for the quality of all of them, but you hopefully can find something not too expensive.

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
Pretty much any hotel you can get into downtown should be good. You'll likely take the shuttle bus from Republic Square Park to Zilker. Just make sure you're west of I-35. I can't vouch for the quality of all of them, but you hopefully can find something not too expensive.
Thanks so much for the tip!

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The hotels out at the airport are all pretty decent and way cheaper than downtown. The ones where East Riverside Dr meets 71 are all safe and clean. If you don't have a car there is a city bus there that goes downtown where you can catch the ACL shuttle out to the park.

jenflor

Coldplayer
The hotels out at the airport are all pretty decent and way cheaper than downtown. The ones where East Riverside Dr meets 71 are all safe and clean. If you don't have a car there is a city bus there that goes downtown where you can catch the ACL shuttle out to the park.
Listen to Angie, I live here, but I don't know much about the hotel situation! She's done it before.. I'm sure she knows what she's talking about!

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Listen to Angie, I live here, but I don't know much about the hotel situation! She's done it before.. I'm sure she knows what she's talking about!
I lived out there after the hurricane for 3 weeks so I know it well.
2005 was my Tour with Coldplay/ run from Hurricane year. :p I'm staying out there. $90/night vs $500/night in downtown......no contest there.

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
Thanks Angie! I have never been to Texas, so I appreciate the help :)

mrman78

M A R C U S
Coldplayer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out about this and it's sold out already!! :bigcry:

I HATE WORK SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!! :angry:

jenflor

Coldplayer
Marcus, you should be able to get tickets closer to the day if you want them. Last year I hadn't gotten tickets yet and there were a ton on sale the week before. Some will be ridiculously overpriced, but you should be able to find people who are asking a more reasonable amt, esp. as they get desperate to sell.

ivet

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Will those tickets be sold directly from ACL or from other peeps?

mrman78

M A R C U S
Coldplayer
Marcus, you should be able to get tickets closer to the day if you want them. Last year I hadn't gotten tickets yet and there were a ton on sale the week before. Some will be ridiculously overpriced, but you should be able to find people who are asking a more reasonable amt, esp. as they get desperate to sell.
Oh ok, great thanks! Yeah, I found some on Ebay that were about $150 and was tempted, but if this is the case, maybe I will wait as it is four months away... BREATHE... BREATHE... :lol:

jenflor

Coldplayer
@Ivet- it'll be through brokers or ticket holders who decided to sell theirs.

Just to keep in mind when buying from someone- Three-day passes face value (non VIP) were $185. Single day are $90. Most will mark up a bit, but some people are really bad about it. You might want to decide how much you're willing to spend, and buy them as soon as you find some that meet the criteria! Good luck!

Corkus

Pretentious Tool
Coldplayer
I'll be festival-hopping around the country this summer, but the fact that ACL occurs after school starts up again means it's out of the question for me. Kind of a shame, as even though I'll have seen most of these acts at other festivals (except Elbow...had to miss them at Coachella and I really want to see them), it's still a really solid lineup overall.

Hope everyone going has a blast, though!