18-Jul-08: San Jose - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [ORIGINAL DATE 7/24]

CRYSTAL

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
if theyd just hit the stage 10-15min earlier rather than dick around they wouldnt have to exclude songs on their fucking setlist.

by far the setlist is so better!

they played some songs which are not frequently played before and which are liked by most of the people.

some songs are rarely played.I think there's nothing wrong.

And also what you said with dick around is pretty odd to read or hear!
i agree with kimchi.you have to wash it out.

Chrisedge

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I cant seem to be able to watch the video.:cry:

Got to the end of Yellow and then down.

Tried again and again. and again

There seems to be a problem with my Flashplayer :embarassed:

Has anyone got a clue for the girl?
I went to the site that hosts it, and there is a link that says "Download Options" and you can dl the whole 1gb file...

concertkid

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chrisedge is right, Veoh allows you to download the original files to your hard drive, if you want. The video looks a lot better in its original state, rather than the streaming version posted here.

Too bad you weren't there to record the show, Chris, your U2 tapes are legendary.

The show started at 9:15 and finished at 10:40, so just under 90 minutes. Sure, they could've played another half an hour, but I was more than satisfied with the setlist.

alvin.ping

sits on Strawberry Swing
Coldplayer
Hooray for section 113! :D

Talk about really getting lucky on Ticketmaster... hahaha. Here's my view from 113 (taken during LiJ confetti madness). Camera phone pic isn't the best quality but just to give you an idea...:

Unfortunately there were no confetti blasters back here. But if you looked up in the rafters, you could see crew with confetti bags running around and dumping them on people (but none made it to 113! :cry:)

I was almost right behind the guys during their acoustics, which was phenomenal. Again, pics aren't too sharp as (a) cameraphone, and (b) my hands were shaking because I was excited. :laugh3: Here is Will singing Death Will Never Conquer

113 REPRESENT :p

CRYSTAL

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
great!

any one have 42,yes,chinese sleep chant videos?

and yeah god put a smile up on your face and death and all his friends videos?

please post them please never mind quality.

i just want to see that's all.

Clocks30CM

Clocks30CM
Coldplayer
After watching the video (which btw was done very well) I think I was right behind you. Not totally sure but I was in row 17 right in front of a railing...

And Clocks30CM if you were wearing a white top, then you were definitely rocking out! : )
lol no i was in section 128 but i was in the back, row 24 seat 19, right next to where the people come down the steps. I was rocking out all right! i was wearing the pink baby doll t-shirt.

Clocks30CM

Clocks30CM
Coldplayer
Merci beaucoup, Chavi!
(I couldn't figure out how to embed the video, it looks a lot better!)

Most of the video was shot from Section 128, I think we were a couple of rows behind you, Clocks30CM. There were two women standing most of the show in Row 9, I think, was that you? Nearly everyone else in our section sat down. It seemed like most people nearby weren't familiar with the new material, yet.
well i was there with my sister and we were both standing almost all the whole time when Coldplay came on. i remember telling my sister that Coldplay would come out playing Life In Technicolor and i was right! i was singing along to every single song, every lyric. and i knew which song they were going to play just by hearing the tone of the guitars XP. Chris threw in little tricks to some of the older songs just like he did on the Coldplay Live 2003 DVD.

musicman1990

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
All I'm saying is if they play The Hardest Part instead of certain other tracks in Philly, I'm gonna be pissed.

Dave

talkingonsquareone89

Girl with headphones 24/7
Coldplayer
lol no i was in section 128 but i was in the back, row 24 seat 19, right next to where the people come down the steps. I was rocking out all right! i was wearing the pink baby doll t-shirt.
I think I saw you during the concert when I looked back at majority of the people in our section, in disgust. Not at you, of course. :lol:
I was one of the few down below at the front (Row 6, seat 21) flailing my arms like a nutter at times. You, and the rest of the few who kept their energy up, were much needed down below too!

Clocks30CM

Clocks30CM
Coldplayer
lets meet up inside by the main entrance (the entrance facing santa clara street) before 7:30? I'll be the indian guy with a black t-shirt that says coldplay in front in yellow with a mosaic like image of chris's hand (from the last tour)
:shocked2: wow i think i saw you standing in the long line waiting to buy t-shirts or somthing. i was like probably 7 people in front of you.

Clocks30CM

Clocks30CM
Coldplayer
I think I saw you during the concert when I looked back at majority of the people in our section, in disgust. Not at you, of course. :lol:
I was one of the few down below at the front (Row 6, seat 21) flailing my arms like a nutter at times. You, and the rest of the few who kept their energy up, were much needed down below too!
lolz i know, i was very disapointed when everybody sat down when they started playing 42. i was like WTF PEOPLE?! and i refused to sit down because i was pissed off that people were siiting down even when the guitars started rolling in.

strawberryfields

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
great!

any one have 42,yes,chinese sleep chant videos?

and yeah god put a smile up on your face and death and all his friends videos?

please post them please never mind quality.

i just want to see that's all.
Yep! They might not be uploaded until very late tonight, since it takes a LONG time to upload each one... but I'll post them here when they're ready!

For now, here's Life in Technicolor! The quality is terrible, but the sound isn't too bad.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEm_aSHPdEY[/media]

gigg

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yup i wanna see yes too.
the ones on you tube arnt the full version

laynemc

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hello All:

I too was LUCKY enough to have tickets in 113 last night. I have been very lucky with Ticketmaster in the past too......I got tickets for Coldplay at the Fillmore in May of 2005 on the X & Y short promo tour.......images of Robin Williams "blessing the crowd from the balcony" (and the best band in the world) playing in such a small space was amazing. I thought I was close to the band then..........last night topped it for me.

I was in Row 11, seats 9 and 10 for my girlfriend Denise and I. This was my 5th Coldplay show. We noticed all of the extra security hanging out (there was a nice blond lady next to me (I was in the aisle seat) and I said hey......I know they go into the crowd....they are coming by here aren't they. I assumed (fortunatley, this was a wrong assumption) that Chris would come whizzing by.

Sure enough.....here they come. I had my hand out to give them a "high five" as they passed me, but Chris has his head down, so I patted him, and Johnny and Guy and Will on the back as they went by. Will was a little out of breath as he got to me and he slowed down and looked me in the eye and I helped pull him up the stairs. My girlfriend (Coldplay show number 1 for her) almost fainted. She kept yelling......"You got to touch them......OMG.........they are your favorite and you got to touch them......OMG!!!!"

Once they stopped and started playing I almost passed out when I realized that they were only 5 rows in front of me. My cell phone camera is the craps...but here is a short my girlfriend got of me so my kids (I am a high school teacher) can see that I got to see and actually pat them on the back.

Hopefully the picture shows up......my girlfriend is an awesome photographer and we did not bring a camera.....and they did not search......so everybody out there......try and get one in and get more pics. "I promise you I will learn from my mistakes". - CM

Thanks to everybody for the posts of the show and the great reviews (I agree with them). There are too many people out there in my age bracket (45) that forgot what rocking out was all about. They are at a Coldplay concert cause it is the thing to do. They just sit there and watch them play. I read Coldplaying every day so I KNOW about the best band in the world. Thanks to all who have and will continue to post. I even send in notices when I find information to share.

Sincerely,

MC

ps.....If somebody could e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know how to get a copy of Nick's video of the show (I am just out of view as they come up the steps) I would greatly appreciate it.

xneverwherex

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Love these reviews and cant wait to see them. Im always surprised when people cant stand for 90mins long to see the headliner. Really pisses me off, especially as i just stood 5.5 hours in 95 degree sun watching bands and nearly passed out. And the drummer in Broken Social Scene had heatstroke, but we all got through it. But I digress. Heres a review posted by a friend of mine (vansmack) on the 9:30 Club message board in DC. http://www.930.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=016423;p=25

It was a great show. The tempo was great - plenty of speed ups and slow downs, a lot of entertaining banter (a lot of self-depricating humor), and a good crowd.

The set was simple and so was the lighting. There were a few lasers and yes, big balls that were very well used (as seen in that video above).

It was very heavy with Viva (all but Cemeteries of London, I think) and the new stuff sounded great. Lost was the highlight of the new stuff for me. The only song I could have done without was Chinese Sleep Chant which seemed forced to me and didn't play well live. It did lead into a dark version of God Put a Smile upon your Face, which was nice.

We were lucky to have the electric version of Yellow, which I hadn't heard since I first saw them years ago (the last couple of times was the acoustic version). Politik was another added bonus with fantastic lighting.

Unlike the LA show, the piano was out for Chris (they used some pre-recorded tracks in LA). He's quirky enough with the piano and I see him being a disaster without it. He's definitely going to fall off the cat-walk before this tour is over. The show is about 90 minutes long and smackette is convinced that Chris is not capable of staying focused any longer than that. He did completely goof up two outros of new songs when it was just him, so I think she's on to something.

The little letters next to some songs on the setlist are alternate stages, but I won't ruin any surprises for you. We were thoroughly entertained by both alternate stages.

After a little Bill O'Reilly clip, I was hoping we'd get a clip of Fix You as used in the OC (shout out to Fico, where are you man?), but no. Alas, don't think for a second that it's disappearance stopped me and smackette from acting it out in our seats.

They did a great job in the Arena, which good for them but bad for the fan - there's no going back now. We'd definitely see them in a big venue again.

and i must add - i think im going to have to watch the OC now. damn it really did have a lot of great music on that show.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Chrissy without any piano isn't good because then he dances around and gets all tired from it and it screws his voice and concentration. Ugh.