18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

BigSteve

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well i spoke to the Beeb at about 10.50 and they said the guaranteed allocation hadn't been used up.... I got the site to work at 10.45 so fingers crossed!!!!
well we know now that it's selected randomly anyway but i doubt very much that there hadn't been 250 applications within 20 minutes lol. People on phones usually know nothing or very little about any internet ticket sales

Bonus_mosher

THE BUCKLANNND
Coldplayer
it's fucking annoying how it was first come first serve
THEN they changed it.

they can't do that
this is just my bad luck

if it was first serve I'd have got one
but OH NO! we can't give one to Jamie can we!

:p

nathey42

injured
Coldplayer
Ok, i've resigned myself to the fact that I haven't won a Brixton ticket so i'm going to torture myself with this now. Arrgghhhh!!

hornetcarp

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i managed to log my application by 10.40am so i'm fairly optimistic!?!?:confused:

haven't heard anything yet...........although i gather no-one has??:\

thehitcher

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
on the confirmation it says we would know in 4 days time.

If nobody gets an email then we havent won have we :(

sandi102

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
the hitcher, there is no way of knowing when the BBC will be in touch with the winners. Wat we do know is that the BBC will contact at the latest, 4 days before the gig date.

btw - do you know whether you're allowed to take in bags on Mon nite at Brixton? i'm coming straight from work. do you think we'll be allowed to take photos?

Ron Burgandy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So we've now moved from the Brixton thread to the BBC thread.

Finger nails and toe nails have gone, so i've now stacked up on a large box of toffees to chew on.

sandi102

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Mine didn't say that.

where does it say that?
Thanks for asking for 2 complimentary tickets to Coldplay Live At The BBC, which is being recorded at BBC Television Centre.

PLEASE NOTE THIS EMAIL CONFIRMS THE DETAILS OF YOUR APPLICATION. IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET TICKETS.

If you're successful, we'll send tickets to you before the show.

If you've applied for tickets for a show that's happening within the next four days, and you're successful, we'll call or email you to let you know that your name will be on the door. When you arrive, simply speak to a member of staff.

Bonus_mosher

THE BUCKLANNND
Coldplayer
Thanks for asking for 2 complimentary tickets to Coldplay Live At The BBC, which is being recorded at BBC Television Centre.

PLEASE NOTE THIS EMAIL CONFIRMS THE DETAILS OF YOUR APPLICATION. IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET TICKETS.

If you're successful, we'll send tickets to you before the show.

If you've applied for tickets for a show that's happening within the next four days, and you're successful, we'll call or email you to let you know that your name will be on the door. When you arrive, simply speak to a member of staff.
so it doesn't say that they'll let you know if you've won eithin 4 days of the application.
it just says that they'll let you know by email or phone if the show is within 4 days of application.

I'm confused :laugh3:

thehitcher

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
ok, so it didn;t say that on the confirmation. BUT it did say it somewhere, I must of been on the site once you had submitted your details.
Il have a look on the site

sandi102

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
so it doesn't say that they'll let you know if you've won eithin 4 days of the application.
it just says that they'll let you know by email or phone if the show is within 4 days of application.

I'm confused :laugh3:
confused, but no doubt a little sigh of relief, knowing you could still be within a chance of winning 2 tickets.

Bonus_mosher

THE BUCKLANNND
Coldplayer
:) thanks. I thought it never said it on the email

I hope this isn't true.
cos' if it is, I've been checking my emails
for nothing lol

thehitcher

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
cant find it on there, im am certain i read it somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't of said it.

Anyway they might of changed the wording because im sure it didn't say "Successful applicants will be given the date. Tickets will be allocated randomly. " before.

Ron Burgandy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm not even sure if we'll get an email.

Because the gig happens outside of the four days mentioned in the email, i think people will just be sent tickets if they're lucky.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Hey, I didn't enter it because I had no clue, BUT I will join you in your waiting gang :)