[18-May-2012] Coldplay @ Dragao Stadium, Porto, Portugal

LoverInJapan

J
Coldplayer
Sometimes I wish some band will end up playing in front of a half empty stadium.
Or maybe even no GC tickets sold ...

Though I'm kinda convinced that the concert will be either cancelled :(

In this case, they're lucky because there are many people who have been waiting to go see them.
And it's a fact that Portuguese people like concerts. It'd still be a lesson for those who demand so much money. They better play for 2 hours or there's going to be some complaints ;)

Stormy Haze

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So true! I would love to be in the golden circle but there is no way I could afford that... instead I bought the 65€ ones.

Teardrop

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I couldn't contain myself and bought a golden cirlce ticket :$
Well, i guess my christmas present is bought :p

#42vera.inês

Coldplayer
And honestly speaking ... € 95,- for a GC ticket in Portugal is just ridiculous!!!

They don't even earn as much money as maybe in Germany, France or the UK ..
How can an everage fan (maybe even student!) afford to pay so much money ... :eek: :angry:
You're so right! In Portugal, the minimum wage is around 500€ while in Germany or France is more than 1000€. Plus, Portugal asked recently for help to IMF, so they could have been nicer with us! :(

I'm a student and it was really difficult to get so much money in less than 24h! It wasn't necessary to put the tickets on sale so early and right before the Christmas!

But... I manage to get the money and I bought a golden circle ticket... :dead: I bought it because I know this will probably be the only concert of this tour here and they will only come back in 2014 or 2015, being optimist. But when I think how much food I could buy with it or how many bills I could pay... :worried2: They better play 2 hours, with 2 support bands and give me their setlist in the end of the concert! And autographs! :smug:

LittleMissMessy

White Shadows ;)
Coldplayer
You're so right! In Portugal, the minimum wage is around 500€ while in Germany or France is more than 1000€. Plus, Portugal asked recently for help to IMF, so they could have been nicer with us! :(

I'm a student and it was really difficult to get so much money in less than 24h! It wasn't necessary to put the tickets on sale so early and right before the Christmas!

But... I manage to get the money and I bought a golden circle ticket... :dead: I bought it because I know this will probably be the only concert of this tour here and they will only come back in 2014 or 2015, being optimist. But when I think how much food I could buy with it or how many bills I could pay... :worried2: They better play 2 hours, with 2 support bands and give me their setlist in the end of the concert! And autographs! :smug:
I really like your way of thinking ;) :laugh3:

It's a very good point about the rushed announcement and with the pre-sale going online only within 22 hours.

They should have announced it earlier or waited a little with the pre-sale so that one would have been able to organize the money & make decisions :(
Esp. before X-Mas ... *sigh*

#42vera.inês

Coldplayer
I really like your way of thinking ;) :laugh3:

It's a very good point about the rushed announcement and with the pre-sale going online only within 22 hours.

They should have announced it earlier or waited a little with the pre-sale so that one would have been able to organize the money & make decisions :(
Esp. before X-Mas ... *sigh*
Well, it's true, I think :rolleyes:

It was very sudden! I didn't really like the way this whole thing was organized! :disappointed: But, concert ticket bought, there's nothing I can do now!

LoverInJapan

J
Coldplayer
A friend of mine bought us tickets because I was working and we just bought the cheapest ones. We live quite near the city so it won't be a problem getting there sort of early enough to get a decent place. I wished I could be in the golden circle but I'm in college and I have really important things to pay for, as much as I love them :)

I agree with everyone about the short period of time between the announcement and the moment the tickets went on sale.

BUT I can't help being SOOOOO HAPPY they're coming back so soon!!!! :D

Stormy Haze

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I agree with that short period thing too. I only heard about this at night, and my mom went to buy the tickets in the morning. We decided what tickets she'd get like 10 minutes before she bought them, it was really such a hurry! But right now I'm just so happy I have the tickets :happy2:

blue_girl

Im Captain Of My Soul
Coldplayer
The tickets for green zone are already sold out

I also bought a ticket for golden circle... only god know how much it coast for me to pay for it, im unemployed and for the first time ever i had to ask my parents to buy a concert ticket, thank god i have family there and well.. they know how much i love coldplay :)

rush

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
golden circle here too. about the price, bought 3 and when the girl told me "its 288€" i felt so bad :\ so many people without money enough to eat and i was spending almost 300€ in a concert tickets :\

blue_girl

Im Captain Of My Soul
Coldplayer
golden circle here too. about the price, bought 3 and when the girl told me "its 288€" i felt so bad :\ so many people without money enough to eat and i was spending almost 300€ in a concert tickets :\
Uhu, now i know i wont get much money for christmas... and im hoping i dont have an emergency that i need money for :\ :worried:

Yoshi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hello.

I have get 3 tickets for the golden circle.:)

I have been waiting this many years, and at least I will go to see Coldplay live! :lol::lol:

I have got them on the website linked by the Coldplay's official site, so I hope there won't be any problem.

I see that there are non numbered, but if concert starts at 19:30 and we arrive at 19:00, our site in golden circle is guaranteed anyway, right?:\

HASAN18

Free Yourself To Be Yourself
Coldplayer
Please could someone explain the Golden Circle? :confused:
Im looking to go to the NICE show in France and Presale starts tomorrow (I dont even know
how to get the presale code)

I would definitely pay more to be near the front

#42vera.inês

Coldplayer
Please could someone explain the Golden Circle? :confused:
Im looking to go to the NICE show in France and Presale starts tomorrow (I dont even know
how to get the presale code)

I would definitely pay more to be near the front
If you go to the first page of this thread, you can see a map of the stadium. The golden circle is that yellow area. Only around 4000 tickets were put for sale for that area and each one costs 95€. That's all I know :)

Yoshi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does the golden circle worth?

Your site inside the circle is guaranteed?

lili_pt

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
The tickets for green zone are already sold out
Are you sure about this? I finally bought my ticket today and asked at FNAC if there were some zones already sold out and I was told that there was that rumor but in fact no zones were sold out yet. The woman who sold me the ticket even said that the computer system showed that there were more tickets available today than yesterday. she also mentioned that this must be some kind of strategy to make people buy tickets more quickly. If this turns out to be true it's really sad that it has come to this.

Like everyone said these prices are absolutely insane for our country and come on, the IMF is here, are they not watching the news? I know they must have little control over this but it is really bothering me. Anyway, I really love coldplay and I hope this will be a great concert :cool:

blue_girl

Im Captain Of My Soul
Coldplayer
Are you sure about this? I finally bought my ticket today and asked at FNAC if there were some zones already sold out and I was told that there was that rumor but in fact no zones were sold out yet. The woman who sold me the ticket even said that the computer system showed that there were more tickets available today than yesterday. she also mentioned that this must be some kind of strategy to make people buy tickets more quickly. If this turns out to be true it's really sad that it has come to this.

Like everyone said these prices are absolutely insane for our country and come on, the IMF is here, are they not watching the news? I know they must have little control over this but it is really bothering me. Anyway, I really love coldplay and I hope this will be a great concert :cool:
I´ve been looking at Ticketline website, when i wrote that there were not any tickets for the field and the day after there were more 2000 tickets again and now is sold out again ... i really think is marketing, they always do that :\

lili_pt

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Wow how naive, I really didn't know this happened. Given that coldplay is popular here I see no need for this. Optimus Alive sold out. We can assume this will sold out too, but to force people to make this decision so soon is just wrong.
Thanks for checking again :)

blue_girl

Im Captain Of My Soul
Coldplayer
You´re welcome :)

They always do this Lili :\ they dont sell all tickets at same time.. first they see if they sell well..and if so, they let them sold out and then they put more on sale, this is also why sometimes they make 2 dates for gigs