[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

bj71

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
My first post! And a happy first one hi!
2 seated tickets!! Whoohoo! Wonder which venue it will be?

wisna

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I didn´t make it :cry:
I was so sure I will
noooooooo

wisna

Coldplayer
If anyone happens to have a spare one, pleaaaase.
I have the flight already :cry::cry::cry:

r2ro

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I managed to get a seated ticket for the Liverpool concert :) Interestingly the site came online at 1358 - so mine was fully bought before they were even meant to go on sale.

Does anyone have any ideas how are we going to be notified of the venue? I read that it's not being released until an hour before the show, so I'll already be up in Liverpool (ie away from an internet connection so emailing would be no good)

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
do you have twitter on your phone? And is it not 24 hours before the show?

cheesemason

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I managed to get a seated ticket for the Liverpool concert :) Interestingly the site came online at 1358 - so mine was fully bought before they were even meant to go on sale.

Does anyone have any ideas how are we going to be notified of the venue? I read that it's not being released until an hour before the show, so I'll already be up in Liverpool (ie away from an internet connection so emailing would be no good)
I've heard 24 hours, which seems much more believable

castilloa06

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

same thing happened to me!

foxysmile

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I got one ticket for standing too! The site surely opened a few minutes early, though I went astray at another option for the residents...

I'm afraid how to find the venue because I'll be there in Liverpool one day before, and I won't have any device to check web site... Not a dang phone.

r2ro

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to plug - for those wanting cheap accommodation in Liverpool, the Hatters Hostel appears to be the cheapest at £18.80 for the one night of the 19th. Accessible 24hrs and comes with a light breakfast. It's also directly in the city centre.

Be aware that it's a hostel (not a hotel) and I presume you'll be sharing a room with some total strangers, that is unless you book a private room.

atsoi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
since they said that the gig is "intimate", does this mean that they will still play with their full instrumentals? or will it just be a few acoustic guitars?

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
I think it will be a full gig, intimate probably describes the small capacity

rob3000

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Rumour has it the Liverpool gig is at the Olympia. Its actual capacity is around 1800 people, but for me this fits. Cant think of a venue which has both standing and seats that is around 1000 people
I think it'll be here too. There's a fair amount of seats and a standing area, it makes sense. I also saw a "cryptic" message on a Liverpool news website, which mentioned the 18A bus route, which goes down West Derby Road which is where The Olympia is. Whether they knew or were just guessing though, I don't know.

wisna

Coldplayer
In my total dissappointment, I forgot to congratulate the people, who have the tickets, so A BIG CONGRATS TO EVERYONE! IT IS A MIRACLE THAT YOU GOT IT!

Has anyone a guess, how high the auction tickets will go?

r2ro

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In my total dissappointment, I forgot to congratulate the people, who have the tickets, so A BIG CONGRATS TO EVERYONE! IT IS A MIRACLE THAT YOU GOT IT!

Has anyone a guess, how high the auction tickets will go?
At the moment the highest auction bid is £525 and VIP £1000. That's more than doubled within the last hour when I checked. Come seven days time they must surely be well past the £2500 mark.

On Ebay there's already someone selling their two seated tickets for this show. Only £1871.26 at the moment.

Who has that sort of money to spare?!

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Rumour has it the Liverpool gig is at the Olympia. Its actual capacity is around 1800 people, but for me this fits. Cant think of a venue which has both standing and seats that is around 1000 people
What about Mountford Hall (& Stanley Theatre), do they have both seats and standing?

wisna

Coldplayer
At the moment the highest auction bid is £525 and VIP £1000. That's more than doubled within the last hour when I checked. Come seven days time they must surely be well past the £2500 mark.

On Ebay there's already someone selling their two seated tickets for this show. Only £1871.26 at the moment.

Who has that sort of money to spare?!
I just hope it was the first rush, the prices remained the same for the last hours.
And these are only the highest ones. It is a pity that we don´t know the lower bids.
There are 200 tickets, so the some of the lower bids may also be successful.

We will see in a few days...

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I am a little confused by the auction at this moment.

The high bid, I presume, is the highest anyone has bid. Does that mean that lower bids would presumably get tickets?

I'm kinda interested in the VIP. I know it's crazy money, but once in a lifetime opportunity and am willing to get a solid loan for the troubles.

wisna

Coldplayer
This is crazy:
The highest AUCTION bid (per ticket) is currently £750.00.
The highest VIP AUCTION bid (per ticket) is currently is £1,250.00.

I didn´t expect the general auction tickets to get so high :angry:

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
As I wrote on the other thread, I just did a search for 'Coldplay' on SeeTickets and the only event listed was Coldplayer :laugh3: at the Liverpool Stanley Theatre.