18 Speed Of Sound
19 Clocks
20 Georgia On My Mind/Fix You
21 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

-----------------

North American tour announced
8 December 2011 11:59 am
21 dates in America and Canada for 2012

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL
17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena
25 Seattle, WA KeyArena
27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY
1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)
2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE
22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
25 Houston, TX Toyota Center
28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY
2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
8 Washington, DC Verizon Center
23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST
3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)
11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

coldplaymom

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Couldn't have chosen a better date! Wooohoooo. Coldplay always love coming to ATL

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I really really want to go to this show. They always do a little something different/special in Atlanta that strays away from their "normal" setlist. Will be tough to ask for Monday and Tuesday off to go though.... hmmm :\

greeneyes3479

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
presale

does anyone know how to get presale tickets or know of a presale code?
Thank you!

coldplaymom

Coldplayer
I really really want to go to this show. They always do a little something different/special in Atlanta that strays away from their "normal" setlist. Will be tough to ask for Monday and Tuesday off to go though.... hmmm :\
Did you make it last September at Piedmont Park?

coldplaymom

Coldplayer
does anyone know how to get presale tickets or know of a presale code?
Thank you!
I believe you just need to have an American Express credit card. You just log in to Ticket Masters on Monday 12th at 10a (or whatever time) and they'll guide through it.
I was very tempted to apply for an Amex card but I'll resist. I'm sure they'll still be tickets on the 17th. I can't believe the band didn't give us fans priority.

ColdplayKen

Your favorite member
Coldplayer
I'll be there :D gonna use my uncle's American Express card so I can get the tickets early :lol:

anyone else gonna do GA?

reignxoflove

Oh rainy day come 'round
Coldplayer
My dad has an American Express card, so I'm using his! I'm kinda in a weird situation though. I want this to be a Christmas present for my dad, but I'm also buying myself a ticket of course. But I'm using his card. :D So I had to ask him if I could borrow it tomorrow morning and told him to NOT look at what I bought, haha. Then I'm just gonna write him a check... and he won't know what it's for until Christmas.

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Did you make it last September at Piedmont Park?
I did make it and it was amazing!!!! I have seen them 3 times now in Atlanta, despite my 6 hour road trip there, and have to say I have always been impressed!!

As a side note, does anyone have any idea what the AMEX VIP packages on Wednesday are for?

bdevil89

Coldplayer
What are the VIP packages? Just have been trying to get tix for two shows, but 2 tix together in a good section are hard to come by, plus the 130 dollars per ticket charge is steep for a band that barely plays an hour and half, for that price I want at least 2 hrs. Give me a break Coldplay, unless they add to their setlist (which they easily can) then these prices are getting out of hand. I love Coldplay, but not for these kind of prices, and their history of short sets and lack of changing up the set.

PS and don't tell the wrist band is figured into the price - they really need some sort of high end exclusive fan club for people who really want the good seats or something (of course excluding scalpers somehow - maybe constant trivia, or the person on the name of the credit card purchasing has to go into the concert)

coldplaymom

Coldplayer
I'm getting nervous now. I hope they'll be tickets left for us non AMEX credit cards holders. Does any one see any standing option? I wonder what the difference is between the $45 lower tier and $45 upper tier tickets?

reignxoflove

Oh rainy day come 'round
Coldplayer
Not really finding anything great... I might wait until the general sale, although I'm nervous about it. The best I'm getting is section 113, other than floor seats in section 7, but those probably aren't that great since they're in the back.

coldplaymom

Coldplayer
Not really finding anything great... I might wait until the general sale, although I'm nervous about it. The best I'm getting is section 113, other than floor seats in section 7, but those probably aren't that great since they're in the back.
So no standing option then?

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
There is no standing option from what I undersand. The AMEX "preferred seating" was a joke, and the regular AMEX seating was no better.

As for the price... The price is actually $95.50 from Coldplay and ticketmaster added their fees to that. As such, Coldplay stayed true to not going above $100.00 for a ticket to their show.....

I will try again Wednesday and see what can be found, although I'm worried that the tix will be really expensive....

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It also bugs me that ticketmaster does not have the right stage setup (assuming they will use the same stage they are currently using).

coldplaymom

Coldplayer
I wish I knew. I don't have an AMEX card but I tried to purchase a ticket earlier today and just now, I'm still given the same seat, Section SEC9 Row C, Seats 12, for $ 114.20. The cheaper tickets weren't available earlier and they are still not available right now. I'm thinking, more like hoping they'll be released on the 17th. In any case, I'm going to wait it out.

ColdplayKen

Your favorite member
Coldplayer
looks like I'm stuck with the upper deck seats. there not too bad. I've gone to Thrasher and hawk games up there and they weren't too bad

I'm just really dissapointed that there are seats instead of standing

reignxoflove

Oh rainy day come 'round
Coldplayer
I could've gotten floor seats, I think the closest I saw was towards the back in section 6. I hope I don't regret not getting those, but I really think that something in 117/102 or 116/103 in the first few rows would be better, if I'm able to find any later. What do you guys prefer?