[2-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA, USA

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
<iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?group_id=&[email protected]&set_id=72157630400053744/show&tags=Cars,Lotus,Exige" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no"></iframe><br/><small>Created with <a href="http://www.admarket.se" title="Admarket.se">Admarket's</a> <a href="http://flickrslidr.com" title="flickrSLiDR">flickrSLiDR</a>.</small>

Mariposa

Till the end.
Coldplayer
What a fantastic concert. Easily one of my favorites..(like any of them have ever been bad!).
This time we took our girls ages 16 & 8 - to their first concert ever. They both had a blast. We were in Sec 202 which is too far for my tastes but I wasn't sure how the girls would react. Unlike most of the world, I happen to like Robyn so I enjoyed her set. I wish I would have ran down to the floor after to collect confetti as I have confetti from all of the other concerts.

Thanks for sharing your pics and reviews guys!

TheKoryMiller

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Coldplay Atlanta July 2, 2012 Yellow

I need your help! If you were at Coldplay Live in Atlanta during the song Yellow I want your footage and or pictures i got upgraded to front row (a dream come true) I am the biggest fan and somehow i managed to get on the jumbo-tron! I was the dude with the shirt that said "Yellow" Please please please! i need your help in capturing this moment for me cause during that time i was going nuts!

Thanks!

chipper

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They were absolutely amazing. Honestly the greatest concert I've ever been to in my life. And what was even better- the Hawks (who play at Philips), made too awesome trades while I was sitting on the arena floor waiting for the concert.

Honestly, one of the top 5 nights of my life. Coldplay is just amazing.

And dude with Yellow shirt- I saw you on there... just didn't take any pics, sorry. :(

TheKoryMiller

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Coldplay Live Atlanta 7.2.2012

Does any one have footage of the concert the other night in Atlanta during the song yellow? As a dream come true I made it on the jumbo-tron and I was wanting to capture this moment please I need your help if you by any chance caught this!!! Or is there a way to get a DVD of the performance?

Thanks for your help!

heresjohnny

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yea man saw you as well but didn't take pics and also does anyone have any recommendations on how to wash and dry these shirts without shrinking to much lol? The only that hasn't shrunk on me was my blue viva shirt and I forgot how I made that happen. Also the tag says no bleach I think....

If you haven't figured it out I'm a single guy in his own apartment in Atlanta lol

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Anyone aware of what the first 3 rows were used for?
For upgrades : )

Roadie #42 - Blog #174:

In European standing shows, the front rows are the kids who’ve been outside the venue since daybreak and who’ve sprinted in to get the pole position. Usually by the time the opening acts have finished they’re at fever pitch with excitement. The sight of Chris’s piano being wheeled into position can bring about a screaming cheer - explosive enough to make you think the show has already started.

In contrast, folks who’d paid astronomical sums for the tickets could often just sit with an arms folded sense of entitlement, emoting “come on then, entertain me, have you any idea how much I paid for this?”.

So the band don’t sell the tickets to the front few rows any more. Instead, various crew members are sent out to scan the highest, furthest seats to find folks who look genuinely excited and giddy to be seeing the band. They’re then given tickets to the front row (which quite often looks a very, very long way away from the “nosebleed” seats). Often, folks think it’s a scam and refuse to believe it. Often they go berserk and jump up and down screaming - until they have to calm down before they fall down.

Eventually, though, they end up down the front and the natural order of things is restored. For them, it’s a Willy Wonka golden ticket. For the band, it’s guaranteed energy from the folks closest to them. It genuinely does make the shows better. We’ve all said it many times. How good a show is, is largely to do with how good the audience are. It’s what fuels the whole thing.

numberonecoldplaychic

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This was the most amazing concert I have ever been to! I wish we could have gotten an upgrade because our seats were behind the stage but all in all it was a great time! I actually see my husband and myself in a few of the pic you all have posted, we are standing above the grafitti board in the 200's. I am just so happy to have experienced this big party!! I took alot of photos and will post them soon!:)

mimixyloto

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does any one have footage of the concert the other night in Atlanta during the song yellow? As a dream come true I made it on the jumbo-tron and I was wanting to capture this moment please I need your help if you by any chance caught this!!! Or is there a way to get a DVD of the performance?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Thekorymiller if you havent seen the video yet, i believe youtube already has some uploads of the concert.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXCDNzDI8QM"]Yellow - YouTube[/ame]
here is one,

greeneyes1207

Up With The Birds
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I had a great time working with Oxfam and seeing the show. I actually wrote a post for the Coldplay on Tour blog, so that should be up sometime soon! :) I was the team leader for Team Atlanta, so I had to be there at 3:30. My mom and my friend came with me because Oxfam America sent me two big boxes to deliver to Rachel full of extra supplies, and there was no way I could carry them from the car by myself. We took them to Rachel and went inside and got everything set up. Coldplay's people were doing their sound check but the band wasn't there. Eventually I got to go backstage with Rachel to put the extra supplies in her tour case and get the tablets. That was really exciting, but I didn't see anyone from the band, just the roadies.

Soon we went outside to meet up with the rest of Team Atlanta. Then we had a meeting where we met each other and learned about Oxfam and what we were doing that night. Then it was time to go inside and get ready! We found our groups of 2 or 3 and some people dressed up as food. Once the doors opened at 5:30 everyone went out to talk to fans about Oxfam and take their pictures with food! The photo booth was really cool and I love how we were using tablets which made it a lot more fun I think.

At around 8:15 everyone began coming back to the booth to enter in their emails that were written down and clean everything up. This group was great and everyone found something to do! 2 people in our team even got the most signatures so far on the tour! We also took a picture of me, Rachel, my friend Annette and Russ because the 3 girls were super short and Russ was so tall and we all dressed up as food!

After we were all packed up, Rachel gave out the tickets. I ended up at first not getting one that was near my mom or one of my friends, so we helped Rachel take everything backstage and waited outside the production office while she found us new tickets. We were backstage 5 minutes before the show was to start and were pretty excited because we didn't know if a band member might walk by us since we passed by the "Coldplay Friends and Family" signs. We didn't see anyone but we talked to the security guard down there (who didn't even know who Coldplay was!). Rachel came back out and said the best words ever: "I hope you don't mind but I got you floor seats!" AWESOME! We were very excited and had to go so we could get to them! We said our goodbyes and thank you's to Rachel and rode the elevator back upstairs. We found our seats maybe a minute before the lights went out!

The show started and was amazing as always. We were right next to the X on Guy's side. I got A LOT of pictures and it was just so awesome to be right where Chris was running around. When Vivia La Vida started, Rachel came and found us and took a picture of us with Chris behind us. How awesome is that? She's pretty much the best.
The rest of the show was great, Coldplay ran right by us on their way back from the C stage and the girl next to me let/helped me stand up on my chair so I could see and get video of them running by.
She also helped me get up at the end when they were bowing. I love it when people help the shorties out at concerts!

After the concert we sat down and waited for the big rush of the crowd to leave before we started moving, and I scooped up a ton of confetti!
The Xylobands were SO COOL. I knew they would look neat, but when you're there it's just a million times better. I got video of them lighting up, so I'll post the videos later.
Here are my pictures on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3595845250938.2141476.1117650376&type=3&l=a02b61ea88

Those are the best of the best because I took over 700 pictures.. whoops!

This marked my 9th Coldplay concert, 4th time volunteering with Oxfam and 2nd time being the Team Leader. Maybe the 10th time I'll meet Coldplay? :)

OnlookerDelay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chris was in great form, the jumps were spot on. A few times he came in my corner and we locked eyes 2x I thought. I was singing my soul out.
Unfortunately, the show was over just like that. I couldn't wait around to meet the band b/c I was all alone and taking public transportation to my car. I hugged and thanked my new friend Brett for an unbelievable and unforgettable night and we parted ways. He had a much better camera and has promised to email me the pictures.
I made my way to the train station where I found another guardian angel who again took very good care of me upon finding out I had no idea where I was going. This was a young woman in her early 30s. She took me by the hand and ordered me to stand next to her and to not worry about a thing. Where we could have changed trains 2x, Marta decided to make it easy on us and open a line that is usually closed after 7pm. Good will all around.
I arrived home after midnight, all tired, with no voice but in great spirit.
My pictures are shit but I'll try and post a couple of decent ones and will post more 1x my friend Brett emails me.
Coldplaymom, it was like reading a made for TV movie script, reading the account of your concert day! Heck, I got stoked up for the show in Charlotte Tuesday night just by reading of your experiences :D My wife and I are in our 50's and we accompanied our 29 year old daughter and son-in-law to the concert. Our daughter was already at the arena by the time my wife and I left the house. We rode into central Charlotte on the light rail system (CATS) and I can relate to your experience based on ours. We met some delightful younger folks who made us feel right at home once they found out we were Coldplay fans on our way to the concert.

With each stop, we'd pick up a new set of fans on their way to the arena. I didn't have to guess who was going... Coldplay fans have an aura about them that's especially noticeable on concert day :cool: I've been attending concerts since 1972, but there is nothing that sniffs the caliber of people who are Coldplay fans! Anyway, thanks for sharing the account of your day and your photos. I can't tell you how much of a positive influence your story was on us, thinking that we were too *old* to go to a Coldplay concert. We both probably behaved like we were in our mid-20's again once the concert got going :laugh3:

prestonubc22

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Got some couple minute videos up on YouTube with okay quality if anyone is interested. My channel is prestonubc22;) also have some great yellowcard videos from house of blues in myrtle beach from last summer if anyone likes them:D

ilya17isbest

Luminous and Wild!!!!!!!!
Coldplayer
Anyone aware of what the first 3 rows were used for?
Two of my best friends got upgraded to the front row!!!!! I'm not joking!!!!! They got there at 5:00 and were sitting at the top of 407 and someone came up to them and told them to sing a Coldplay song and they got upgraded to FRONT ROW!!!!!!!! I saw them after and they told me and I was all like "OMFG THATS SO AWESOME!!!!!!"

mimixyloto

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
wow that was an amazing what you guys did greeneyes :)
One thing i have learnt from going to concerts is that, if you have nosebleed seats, or too far away, dont give up lol. We kept getting told it was a sold out concert. You just never know who you might meet. Walk around, make new friends, its easier to bond as we were all there for one purpose. You just never know who might let you stand next to them. Towards concert time when everyone is standing, no one notices who is on what seat, esp floor level.
Also standing out from the rest will get you upgraded pretty quick :D, get there early, wear something that stands out, show excitement even when you think no one's looking hehe.
Next thing on my bucket list-meet coldplay. sigh

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Coldplaymom, it was like reading a made for TV movie script, reading the account of your concert day! Heck, I got stoked up for the show in Charlotte Tuesday night just by reading of your experiences :D My wife and I are in our 50's and we accompanied our 29 year old daughter and son-in-law to the concert. Our daughter was already at the arena by the time my wife and I left the house. We rode into central Charlotte on the light rail system (CATS) and I can relate to your experience based on ours. We met some delightful younger folks who made us feel right at home once they found out we were Coldplay fans on our way to the concert.

With each stop, we'd pick up a new set of fans on their way to the arena. I didn't have to guess who was going... Coldplay fans have an aura about them that's especially noticeable on concert day :cool: I've been attending concerts since 1972, but there is nothing that sniffs the caliber of people who are Coldplay fans! Anyway, thanks for sharing the account of your day and your photos. I can't tell you how much of a positive influence your story was on us, thinking that we were too *old* to go to a Coldplay concert. We both probably behaved like we were in our mid-20's again once the concert got going :laugh3:
I'm one of Coldplay's more "mature" fans, too, but I sure as hell don't feel my age (and people have told me I don't look it either, but they're probably just being nice). I went to my first concert in 1977, the year Chris was born! Dang, I am old.

dayna

long time lurker, occasional poster.
Coldplayer
...where did everyone go who met Chris?! Looks like a parking garage. Sorry if it was covered already and I missed the answer... lol. Anyway I'm not familiar with the area (only my second time in Atlanta) and I wanted to stay late, but my boyfriend wanted to go back to the hotel. I can't blame him... we had to be up really early the next morning to make the 6 hour drive back to Jacksonville to get the rental car back on time, and he was doing all the driving.

I'm seeing them in Boston at the end of this month... luckily since I have no way to get back to Connecticut (where I'll be staying) until 5:30am the next morning, I'll definitely hang around the arena and try to get an autograph or a picture!

This was my 11th time seeing them... I've seen them in 4 other states but I have to say, this was the liveliest crowd of all the shows I've been to, and it's pretty apparent to me why they love playing Atlanta so much :)

Anyway... here's a video I got from Section 309. There's a couple more on my channel too...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ee337igQM"]Coldplay in Atlanta - July 2 2012 - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - YouTube[/ame]
The visual quality isn't great on the videos I took (I kept handing my camera off to my boyfriend so I could jump around and stuff, plus some people kept walking by us in the middle of the concert... WHY?!? They must not've been aware that Coldplay was on the freakin' stage) but the audio quality is good imo

OnlookerDelay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm one of Coldplay's more "mature" fans, too, but I sure as hell don't feel my age (and people have told me I don't look it either, but they're probably just being nice). I went to my first concert in 1977, the year Chris was born! Dang, I am old.
You went to your first concert in 1977? How old were you? 2!? :eek: Seriously, I had seen your picture in your avatar and with Chris and I thought maybe 36, 37, at the oldest? You mentioned what I think is key to how old you look, and that's how old you feel. I feel like I'm in my late 30's and I'd say I roll like someone of that age. I take care of myself physically as well, but attitude and perception have more to do with it, IMO.

Keep on keeping it young LFDianne (btw, does the LF stand for "Laker Fan"?... just curious). I'm going to give Suzanne Somers your Coldplaying.com user name so she can contact you for some youth preservation tips!