[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

birdman987

θρίαμβος αγάπης
Coldplayer
I would have tried to have gone, but my last exam was on Friday and I can't fly that far without having at least one other thing to do hahaha :)

postcards

~Lucia~
Coldplayer
Lucky sweet people that had tickets to the shows with small venues, happy for you all and Ghost Stories. Sad it's over now and no more shows. They are working in the bakery now..:awesome:

Thanx for the pics and the updates!

Adam94

Going nowhere fast...
Coldplayer
Absolutely amazing, off to work now but ill try to post some pictures up when home later.

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
What a night... Awesome venue and crowd.
Still would love a setlist with less hits and more surprises but great to hear Don't Panic live for the first time, and Chris and Jonny were hilarious. Everything's Not Lost made me cry and ASFOS is much better live.

Thanks to amazing people fixing us up with tickets and making it a very special day, and to everyone there for being so loud. I couldn't hear myself think during the show which was not a problem because I didn't use my brain anyway.

theprospekt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Was the sound quality representative of other concerts? This was my first CP concert. To me it seemed they cranked the speakers well beyond their capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stepsi

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
That was superb. Amazing band. Amazing crowd. Amazing venue.
Might post some pics and vids when I'm back home. Currently at the airport.
And it was so nice seeing eventually some faces behind the usernames :D nice gathering in front of the statue

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
Was the sound quality representative of other concerts? This was my first CP concert. To me it seemed they cranked the speakers well beyond their capacity.
All concerts are different depending on the set up. From where I was (back arena <edit> sorry I mean back stalls opposite the stage) it did seem they pushed the sound a little too far, but I guess they need that so it reaches the upper levels (?) <edit2> it's always a balance at gigs

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer

It was fine from where i was sitting (Stalls G). Just watched the videos i recorded and they sounded fine too. Compared to my previous 3 shows i saw i would say it sounded good enough.

Videos coming tonight as soon as i'm back home.

Sent via Tapatalk

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
Why? YouTube is the easiest for everyone to watch.
Because Youtube loses quality, but for ease of viewing and everyone to be able to see it I agree it'd be great to have it on there too :)

theprospekt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
All concerts are different depending on the set up. From where I was (back arena <edit> sorry I mean back stalls opposite the stage) it did seem they pushed the sound a little too far, but I guess they need that so it reaches the upper levels (?) <edit2> it's always a balance at gigs
I was in a Grand Tier box and it to me it seemed overwhelmingly loud and distorted at times. But yeah, I guess it was that loud to reach the gallery, etc.

theprospekt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It was fine from where i was sitting (Stalls G). Just watched the videos i recorded and they sounded fine too. Compared to my previous 3 shows i saw i would say it sounded good enough.

Videos coming tonight as soon as i'm back home.

Sent via Tapatalk
I think my problem is I have no frame of reference. I only went to one concert before this and it was a huge outdoors concert at the very back.

As I just mentioned it seemed extremely loud and sometimes distorted in my Grand Tier box.

cheeetaz

Coldplayer
I think my problem is I have no frame of reference. I only went to one concert before this and it was a huge outdoors concert at the very back.

As I just mentioned it seemed extremely loud and sometimes distorted in my Grand Tier box.

Open Air is allways the best since there is nothing to obstruct the sound. The open air MX show 2012 was the best i've experienced so far.

Sent via Tapatalk

theprospekt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Open Air is allways the best since there is nothing to obstruct the sound. The open air MX show 2012 was the best i've experienced so far.

Sent via Tapatalk
I bet! I sort of expected the same sound quality as on Live 2012 which is awesome. I've watched it many many times, and it sounds soooo good. I think delicious sound is half the experience, not just pumping bass.

cheeetaz

Coldplayer
I bet! I sort of expected the same sound quality as on Live 2012 which is awesome. I've watched it many many times, and it sounds soooo good. I think delicious sound is half the experience, not just pumping bass.

Absolutely, good sound is the most important thing at a concert. Obviously. You cant judge on DVD or TV broadcasts because they are getting their sound directly from the mic's and instrument and just a small part of it comes from outside mic's.

Sent via Tapatalk

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
I was in a Grand Tier box and it to me it seemed overwhelmingly loud and distorted at times. But yeah, I guess it was that loud to reach the gallery, etc.
I dunno I'm trying to be generous :) I must admit I was tempted more than once to dash down to Miller (Roadie #42) at the sound stage and have a word!

If there's wind or rain it plays havoc with sound at open air gigs, an inside gig is a very much more controllable environment.

All that said, it wasn't bad last night, and it was a great night :D

ARoBttH14

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Did anyone see the 2 idiots mucking around with a rugby ball in front of the huge statue? Yeah, one of those was me :D