[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

2012 UK stadium tour announced
11 November 2011 7:00 am
Dates in Coventry, London, Sunderland and Manchester confirmed

Good morning. We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay will play five UK stadium shows in summer 2012. The dates are as follows:

MAY
Tuesday 29 - Coventry Ricoh Stadium

JUNE
Friday 1 - London Emirates Stadium
Saturday 2 - London Emirates Stadium
Thursday 7 - Sunderland Stadium of Light
Saturday 9 - Manchester Etihad Stadium

Tickets, costing from £49.50, go on sale at 9am on Friday 18th November through gigsandtours.com / 0844 854 1360, ticketmaster.co.uk / 0844 847 2312, ticketline.co.uk / 0844 888 9991, ticketfactory.com / 0844 581 9900.
I'm sure Jamie is rather thrilled.

Tickets, costing from £49.50, go on sale at 9am on Friday 18th November through gigsandtours.com / 0844 854 1360, ticketmaster.co.uk / 0844 847 2312, ticketline.co.uk / 0844 888 9991, ticketfactory.com / 0844 581 9900.

Nattatouille

Coldplay Choir
Coldplayer
As an Arsenal fan, this is gig will be bloody brilliant (if I manage to get tickets that is!)

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
I think my mum would disown me if she found out I was stepping foot on Emirates soil.

cleeson7

A Message is God
Coldplayer
Also Wembley is probably being preserved for 2012 olympic (i no the emirates is being used aswell but wembley is the centre peice

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
The Emirates? :shocked2: :cry:

The ban on cheering is lifted for concerts, right?

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
Wow, I thought the London stadium threads would explode with people saying they'd go... :thinking:

All those gigs are right in the period of my final exams so no chance for me to go.
I'm only sad I won't be able to meet up with people from here though...

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets! :nice:
Check out for me if the Banksy is still across the street of the stadium when you get there. :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/image_galleries/banksy_gallery.shtml?20

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
I think that the fact that it's Emirates and not Wembley has put people off, especially those outside of the UK. It's just not the same kind of "event" that Wembley is.

The idea of these shows is a bit of a miss step, I think. I'm not sure why they didn't just do an arena tour next year and the tackle stadiums after the Olympics when better venues were available. Also people outside of London who may have considered going but already have tickets to the Olympics might decide not to due to the fact that it's so close to games, but not close enough to extend their stay.

The fact that they're putting them on sale just before Christmas doesn't help either. £50 is alot of money to start with nevermind when you're preparing for the most expensive time of year. I can barely afford one, this one, if there's tickets left for the 1st night after Christmas I might go.

fakfak

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
I think they (or rather their handlers) probably feel they need to capitalize on whatever momentum they've got, and waiting would push the big gigs back too far. You have some really good points though.

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If they are playing stadiums, they could have played St Marys in Southampton :p

Afterall isn't Guy a Saints fan ;)

fakfak

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
If they are playing stadiums, they could have played St Marys in Southampton :p

Afterall isn't Guy a Saints fan ;)

I'm pretty sure Guy has said he's not a fan of sport. Could be wrong though. Seems like they're playing some less common cities for a stadium tour this time though, so I guess anything's possible.

likeafire

Scientist
Coldplayer
Question: Im an o2 customer. How do i go about getting priority tickets? P.S. I want them for ricoh arena not emirates, but no-one is on that thread so thought i would post it here.