2-Sep-2009 - Stade de Suisse, Bern, Switz'd - Tickets, Preview, Meetup, Review/Photos

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
:lol:

Screw your health and your kids and your lives, we want more :p

Mimixxx

Coldplayer
Billy Jean, poor quality but you can see the lightning...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jtgaie53jQ"]YouTube - coldplay billy jean[/ame]

marie/pims

Reign of Love
Coldplayer
patschindler on my way back from coldplay!why do people clap their hands to every song like at a schlager party?annoying!

Come on!!Who is this person????

TickingClock

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
patschindler on my way back from coldplay!why do people clap their hands to every song like at a schlager party?annoying!

Come on!!Who is this person????
This actually isn't meant too mean, I guess. For claping like it's a Schlager song is like ... you know, people are busy clapping and don't pay so much attention on the song and Schlager is basicly for old people only. It's a lot slower than usually. You do like half notes which is a bit weird listening to Viva La Vida, for example. I experienced that at my show as well. :rolleyes:

Mimixxx

Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lamkktuc7Ss"]YouTube - Coldplay ~ Yellow, life in Berne, Switzerland[/ame]

parabel

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Once again, a great concert! :cool: (Except for the weather maybe..)
I really hope someone recorded it!

Oh, I just discovered that the picture in the 2009 tour programme below the text "the greatest fans in the known universe" was taken from last year's show in the Hallenstadion, recognized a few faces there. :) Damn, just a little bit more to the left... oh well. :\

nancyk58

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Coldplay concert in Bern, Switzerland 2.9.09

Thanks for Larry for translating the article with the Will article as I had not been able to start translating it until this morning as something else came up last night.
And I think that you did a really good work - thank you, Larry.

I have the intention of translating some "German" articles from the Swiss media such as the following:

http://www.20min.ch/unterhaltung/sounds/story/Die-Songs-waren-staerker-als-der-Platzregen-20044575

and Tagesanzeiger.ch/kultur (must have a review when it had the Will interview)

and www.bernerzeitung.ch/region which immediately after the concert ended had very beautiful pictures also seen on this thread. Accompanying the pictures (seen around 23.15 last night) was the headline (translated): "Coldplay rocked the Wankdorf Stadium". :)

nancyk58

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Here is the first translation:

http://www.20min.ch/unterhaltung/sounds/story/Die-Songs-waren-staerker-als-der-Platzregen-20044575 /

The songs were stronger than the downpour
by Nina Ladina Kurz / translated by Nancy Boysen

With their «Viva la Vida» world tour, Coldplay stopped off at the sold-out "Stade de Suisse" and offered a typical high-class Coldplay show

Almost one year ago Coldplay played in Zürich at the stadium "Zürcher Hallenstadion" and made their fans enthusiastic. On Wednesday 2 September, 2009 the four British Coldplay members visited Switzerland again - this time they played at the stadium "Stade de Suisse" in the Swiss capital Bern. In spite of the expensive tickets, the stadium was sold-out – and who was ready to spend the money on the expensive tickets was rewarded - in spite of the pouring rain.
Already at the beginning of the concert Coldplay played some of their anthems - hits such as «Violet Hill», «Clocks» and «Yellow». Leadsinger Chris Martin's infectious and like-able way of acting spread fast to the audience. An electronical dub version of «God Put a Smile Upon Your Face» and Martin's solo performance at the piano playing «The Hardest Part» followed. A little past 9.30 pm the concert was interrupted due to the pouring rain – to compensate for this Martin played the next song in the middle of the audience.
Coldplay on their side appeared to be impressed by their Swiss opening band Pegasus: After their gig they found five bottles of champagne in their dressing room – including a "thank you" note by Coldplay .

The next translations to follow.

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Was it the Wankdorf stadium or the Stade de Suisse? Or are they the same thing?

worldtrav

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Its the same stadium...the renamed it a couple of years ago to stade de suisse stadium.

P.

nancyk58

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Stade de Suisse, Wankdorf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Stadium name: Stade de Suisse Wankdorf Bern. Total capacity: 31.783 people

The Stade de Suisse Wankdorf is a football stadium in Bern, Switzerland

Es ist das Stadion des Berner Fussballvereins BSC Young Boys (commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wankdorf_Stadium )

From the above it appears that the total stadium name is Stade de Suisse Wankdorf Bern and home stadium of "BSC Young Boys"