Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2014-May] Coldplay article on El Mundo

gai

Contains an interview with Chris from the Barcelona concert. Here is the link. If someone can translate it, that would be great.

here is the google translation:

MUSIC Exclusive Chris Martin : ' I do not want to give interviews . They are content with what they say my songs '

The Coldplay frontman talks exclusively to THE WORLD on his album ' Ghost Stories' influenced by his recent divorce from actress Gwyneth Paltrow.

The two wings of an angel mark the territory of a star-studded ocean. Among them we can see a couple making love, a man looking in the mirror , the flight of some white doves , a girl with a candlestick , an open window waiting for a tornado, plant a garden rolled to a ladder. Encrypted dream dreams or stories on the cover of 'Ghost Stories ' by Coldplay, the sixth album from the most important in the world right now group. The album destined to be the biggest seller in this 2014.

All those surreal dreams Cover strictly belong to a closed world between Chris Martin, the Coldplay frontman , and the author of those medieval drawings, the beautiful Czech artist Mila Fürstová . She says that the drawings are marked by surrealism and dreams of Martin and forming part of his consciousness , but also hers.

This very personal relationship between Martin and Fürstová is unconfirmed. The Coldplay frontman is the most prudent and discreet person we have encountered in this world of sex, drugs and rock and roll. But it is clear that the effect occurred with your divorce Gwyneth Paltrow is the dream of dreams or nightmares. 'Ghost Stories' is the most gothic, dark , sad and solemn music of Coldplay 's career . Represents the mental state of Chris himself, who wants to convince us that " music is the most realistic , the most honest I've done in my life and maybe when I get out of this current state I would never dare to be seduced again by reality " .

Never speak ill of anyone , never commit an indiscretion . Not even about his relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow, which has been his wife , the mother of his two children for the past 10 years. So it says: "I do not want to do interviews , because I know it 's gonna be a lot of garbage to the British tabloids and the rest of the world and even fewer want to do press conferences will have to be content with what they say my songs. . " .

The fact is that the Czech artist was not in Cologne, where he was the global launch of the new album. In fact , through the last 15 years it has never seen Martin with a girl , except with Gwyneth . Always focus on your work. Rather than answer , the questioner he is . I have to say what is your ultimate favorite group. It is an ocean of stars in the universe lost his mind. It reflects the controversial new single from the sixth album: commercial and disco ' A sky full of stars ' , taken from a line in John Lennon told his producer George Martin , on the roof of Abbey Road, in one night wonderful summer while filming the ' Sgt Peppers ' and John was in full LSD trip . But Martin justifies the means, even use a 'disc jockey ' fashion ' . Avicii gave the final touch to the song had to do something cheerful, more affordable , given the seriousness of the album. "

Obsessed with Success

Chris Martin is concerned , obsessed by his success as anyone. Try to analyze the current state of music . He says that there are young people , very young , which is concerned only what they can dance , club music . And there's another new way to love , electronic music made ​​properly , a style based on intelligence and imagination with auto-tune , seriousness harmonies , with examples like Lorde and James Blake. Increasingly precarious line is the rock, the tradition of the Stones , U2 , Muse ... Those who fill the stadiums. A more traditional way , most submitted by the straitjacket that generates the rock itself, which can not advance . " I'm not saying we want to go all three ways , but all have to take care , that the step of success to insignificance , as Bono says , at the present time , as it happens in a spasm ."

In Cologne we are more professional Coldplay, more suitable to its own reality. "We are in a new company , it's a new world, but fortunately , the group is more united than ever."

It is said that Chris Martin is the new darling of Leonard Blavatnik , the brand new music mogul . A Ukrainian -Russian Odessa whose hobby music, a billionaire who gives so philanthropic millions of pounds to the University of Oxford and who really likes Coldplay. He bought the seal of the Beatles, Parlophone, where Martin and his men were , but the French Vivendi Universal Records with her , had been before the Beatles catalog . The Ukrainian has complied with Pink Floyd and Chris . Not bad .

We were in Cologne journalists from all over Europe to watch live as the songs 'Ghost Stories' work. It was a strange wet heat in the city on the Rhine . Perhaps the most dramatic impact that I noted is how Martin pleaded with the audience or engrave your phone and filmed the new song star that nobody knew. The Germans, as strict and disciplined, complied with the request , but to our surprise they sang , jumped and cheered ' A sky full of stars ' as if they knew of a lifetime.

Lost in the woods of his mind, Martin has taken refuge in the stars of their own night , his dark moments . "There is nothing better than picking stars as leitmotif of these stories of the ghosts themselves." Craftsman images , Martin always find the perfect gift for every album ' McGuffin ' . As Kohs cubes in the 'X & Y ' album. Or the French Revolution and Frida Kahlo in 'Viva la Vida ' . Or colors and confetti on ' Mylo Xyloto ' .

His best lyrics

Bono Martin has always criticized his lack of effort in the lyrics. Chris has been justified on the BBC : "There 'll never be as good in the letters as Jay Z or Morrissey , but I express what I 'm really sorry ." It is a subterfuge , because 'Ghost Stories' wears his best lyrics . Therefore, it has a strange competition in libraries worldwide. One of them, in Barcelona , his favorite Spanish city. Was that the group's fans will find the original manuscripts written by Chris Martin of the nine songs on the album in ghosts books gathering dust in libraries worldwide. Coldplay 's followers had to be alert to the user that gave the official twitter of the group. Manuscripts with lyrics hiding in nine books nine libraries from nine different countries. There was a special prize for the winner , with Chris to Willy Wonka without Oompa- Loompa - which is a shame , though giving a golden ticket, air ticket and tickets to see them at the Royal Albert Hall in London, the July 1 .

With this new album , Coldplay leader wants to demolish or tear the idea that majority and opportunistic group that is appreciated on the festival and great multi-colored ' Mylo Xyloto ' , with all those confetti and those colored bracelets in large stadiums. Coldplay needed to convert into a more real , more acoustic and even more integral to the nature of the group 's organic group. Anyway, the dance numbers in Coldplay. Because, as verbenera , ' Mylo Xyloto ' provided more than 300 million euros, with sales in excess of eight million albums and tickets sales of over one hundred eighty million profit.

Darker , more realistic. Martin acknowledges that have fled to their friends, their peer group . . " Asked them to get involved in the composition of the new songs and have done with generosity and talent would not know that without them I always have when I need. " In the solitude of his new single status will terrify a solo career . Despite being the engine light and Coldplay 's brain never will detach its commitment to strict side win 25 % of group profits . There are four in the band , for a room for everyone. The sharing of good brothers .

Chris says ' Ghost Stories' is also the result of the teachings of Sufism her teacher , who has taught him to enter the vital idea that if you park your experiences and relive things that have lived, absorb themselves , for alchemy, your own life.

The truth is that every time there is less of Chris Martin that he borrowed from a book ( ' Child's reflections , Cold Play' ) by Philip Horky , an obscure poet of dubious quality the idea for the group name. Life has scratched all of us enough to tell each coldest scripts, ghost stories.

A RUSH OF VIDA

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I really liked the interview. I find it weird that it says that Barcelona is hes fav. Cause in the Viva era he said they couldnt choose between Madrid or Barcelona.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

wheresmypenis

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chris says ' Ghost Stories' is also the result of the teachings of Sufism her teacher , who has taught him to enter the vital idea that if you park your experiences and relive things that have lived, absorb themselves , for alchemy, your own life.
makes sense

fcam

PenguinGs.
Coldplayer
Here is my translation:
Chris Martin: ‘I don’t want to give interviews. You settle for what my songs say.’
Coldplay’s frontman talks exclusively to EL MUNDO about his album ‘Ghost Stories’ influenced by his recent divorce from the actress Gwyneth Paltrow.
The two wings of an angel mark the territory of an ocean full of stars. Inside them we can see a couple making love, a man looking at himself in the mirror, the flight of some white pigeons, a girl with a candelabra, an open window waiting for a tornado, a garden plant rolled up in a stair. Dreams or stories which are encrypted on the cover of ‘Ghost Stories’, by Coldplay, the sixth album of the most important band in the world nowadays. The album is fated to be the best seller of this year.

All those surreal dreams on the cover belong to a world which is strictly closed between Chris Martin, Coldplay’s frontman, and the artist, the gorgeous Mila Frustova. She says the drawings are characterised by surrealism and Martin’s dreams, and that they are part of his conscience but also part of hers.

Such a personal relationship between Martin and Frustova isn’t confirmed. Coldplay’s frontman is the most prudent and discrete person with whom we have stumbled upon in this world of sex, drugs and rock and roll. It is clear, though, that the effect his divorce from Gwyneth Paltrow has produced is one of dreams and nightmares. ‘Ghost Stories’ is the most gothic, darkest, saddest and most solemn of Coldplay’s career. It represents the mental state of Chris himself, who wants to convince us of “it’s the most surrealist album, the most sincere I’ve made in my life and maybe when I come out of my current state I’ll never dare to be seduced by reality again”.

He will never speak ill of anyone, nor will he commit an indiscretion. Not even about his relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow, who has been his wife and the mother of his two children for the past 10 years. That’s why he says: “I don’t want to do interviews because I know that there’s gonna be a lot of garbage for the British tabloids and the rest of the world. Least of all I want to do press conferences. They will have to settle for what my songs say.”

The point is that the Czech artist wasn’t in Cologne, the place of the worldwide debut of their new album. Actually, through the last 15 years Martin has never been seen with a girl apart from Gwyneth. He always focuses on his job. More than answering, he is the one who questions. You have to tell him which is your latest favourite band. It is an ocean of stars lost in the universe of his mind. He is the polemic reflection of his new single from this sixth album; the commercial and nightclub-y ‘A sky full of stars’, taken from a John Lennon quote, who told his producer George Martin on Abbey Road’s rooftop in a wonderful summer night while they were recording ‘Sgt Peppers’, and John was in high on LSD. But Martin justifies the means, even in using a trending DJ: “Avicii gave us the last touch to the song. We had to be something happy, more affordable, given the seriousness of the album”.

Obsessed with success
Chris Martin is worried –obsessed– for success, as no one else. He tries to analyse the current state of music. He says there are young people –very young people– who only care about what they can dance, nightclub music; and that there is a new way they like, the electro music, made with property, a style based on intelligence and imagination with auto-tune, seriousness in harmonies, with examples like Lorde and James Blake. More and more precarious is the rock line, with the tradition of the Stones, U2, Muse… Those who fill entire stadiums. A more traditional wave, more submitted by the straitjacket that rock itself generates, which cannot move forward anymore. “I’m not saying we want to walk the three ways, but you have to take care of them all; because the step from success to insignificance, like Bono says, happens like a spasm nowadays”.

In Cologne we found a more professional Coldplay, more adjusted to their reality. “We’re on a new enterprise, it’s a new world, but luckily, the group is closest than ever”.

It is said that Chris Martin is the new right eye of Leonard Blavatnik, the flaming new music tycoon, a billionaire who gives away philanthropically millions of pounds to Oxford University and who really likes Coldplay. He bought The Beatle’s label, Parlophone, where were Martin and his people. But the French from Vivendi with their Universal Records had taken control with The Beatle’s label earlier. The Ukrainian has settled with Pink Floyd and with Chris. Not bad.

We were in Cologne with journalists from half Europe to see how ‘Ghost Stories’ songs worked live. There was a warm and strange heat in the city from the Rhineland. Maybe the most spectacular impact that I was able to notice was how Martin begged the audience not to film or record with their phones the new star song which nobody knew. The so strict and disciplined Germans complied with the request, but to our surprise they sang, jumped and cheered ‘A sky full of stars’ as if they had known it for a lifetime.
Lost in the woods of his mind, Martin has taken cover in the stars of his own night, with his dark moments. “There is nothing better than choosing the stars like ‘leitmotiv’ from this stories of the very ghosts”. Images craftsman, Martin always finds the perfect mcguffin for every album. Like the Kohs cubes in ‘X&Y’. Or the French Revolution and Frida Khalo in ‘Viva la Vida’. Or the colours and confetti in ‘Mylo Xyloto’.

His best lyrics
Bono has always criticised Martin for his lack of effort in lyrics. Chris has justified himself on the BBC: “I’ll never be as good as Jay Z or Morrisey, but I express what I really feel”. It’s a subterfuge, because ‘Ghost Stories’ carries his best lyrics. That’s why he’s made a strange competition in libraries from all over the world. One of them in Barcelona, his favourite Spanish city. It consisted in the fans finding the original manuscripts written by Chris Martin of the nine songs on the album in ghost books gathering dust in libraries around the world. Coldplay’s followers had to be alert for the instructions on the band’s official twitter. Manuscripts with lyrics for the songs were hiding in nine books in nine different countries. There was a special prize for the winner, with Chris in a Willy Wonka-style but Oompa-Loompa-less –which is quite a pity– but giving away a golden ticket, with plane tickets and a ticket to see them live at Royal Albert Hall in London, on July 1st.

With this new album, Coldplay’s frontman wants to demolish or tear the idea of that majority and opportunistic band as seen on the festival-ist and multi colourist ‘Mylo Xyloto’ with all that confetti and those colourful wristbands in the big stadiums. He needed to reconvert Coldplay into a more organic band, more real, more acoustic and even more solidary with the band’s own nature. Anyway, numbers dance on Coldplay. Since the so cheerful ‘Mylo Xyloto’ provided over 300 million euros, with sales of over eight million albums, and revenues of over one hundred and eighty million euros in concept of concert tickets.

Darker, more realist. Martin admits that he has taken cover in his friends, his band mates: “I asked them to be involved in the composition of the tracks and they’ve done it with generosity and talent. I don’t know what I’d be without them. I always have them when I need them.” In the loneliness of his new singleness he would be terrified of a solo career. In spite of being the engine, light and brain of Coldplay, he will never give up his commitment with the band of earning the strict 25% of the profits of the band. There are four of them in the band, so a fourth for each. The sharing of good brothers.

Chris says that ‘Ghost Stories’ is also the result of the teachings of his Sufism teacher, who has taught him to enter the vital idea that if you park your experiences and relive things that you have lived, they themselves will absorb –like alchemy-ly– your own life.

The truth is that every time there is less of the Chris Martin who borrowed from a book (‘Child’s reflections, Cold Play’) by Philip Horky –a dark, dubious quality poet– the idea for the name of the band.