[2015-12-05] Coldplay On Jonathan Ross show

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
That was really funny! Loved it! Btw, is it just me do the guys always seem nervous about what Chris might actually say in interviews (like they'll look at each other)?
Interesting question. Who knows..I always kinda perceived it as them paying attention to what he is saying. especially after GS I kinda have a feeling the other 3 band members are quite protective of Chris. He is also the spokesman and all and I always see them as quietly encouraging him along.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Oh my god, what an embarassing interview. Chris must have been drunk. Cringeworthy.

Liked it how Simon Pegg stood up for his friend though.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Or rolling their eyes and giving him unimpressed looks in the case of Will :D
Meh I dont think so. They seem all pretty tight and on the same wavelength, however Chris is the craziest of them all and thats probably why 98% of the songs originate from him :) All great artists are a bit crazy :)

gai

Meh I dont think so. They seem all pretty tight and on the same wavelength, however Chris is the craziest of them all and thats probably why 98% of the songs originate from him :) All great artists are a bit crazy :)
i think will is the most encouraging one actually. since about viva, i have noticed most times when chris is in trouble or need help, he turns to will.

there was a video from viva era. they played around the world before starting the tour in england and the first show they played, chris almost stops yellow and runs to talk to will. there was an interview with chris later during mylo and he said that there was no audience noise when they started yellow and he felt like running off the stage. and will calmed him down. in the video chris made the audience sing the outro to yellow over and over to "get his confidence up". i still remember that well because it showed just how the band worked.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
i think will is the most encouraging one actually. since about viva, i have noticed most times when chris is in trouble or need help, he turns to will.

there was a video from viva era. they played around the world before starting the tour in england and the first show they played, chris almost stops yellow and runs to talk to will. there was an interview with chris later during mylo and he said that there was no audience noise when they started yellow and he felt like running off the stage. and will calmed him down. in the video chris made the audience sing the outro to yellow over and over to "get his confidence up". i still remember that well because it showed just how the band worked.
I would really love to see that video, do you know how to find it ?

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer

Quite an interesting anecdote! They said multiple times Will is the rock of the whole group, so no wonder Chris (or I think also the others) would turn to him in moments like these. I also think he is the most level headed of all, he just looks so wise and Yoda-like haha

Nikola

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
God I love when he's in his Duracell bunny phase

The performance was also on point very laid back

gai

he just looks so wise and Yoda-like haha
that he does! hahaa! unless he is frowning like about punish some misbehaving kids.

I would really love to see that video, do you know how to find it ?
it was from the first or second day of the concerts in england, around the end of november or early december 2008. i'll try to look it up, but it's been a long time. the video was on youtube.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
that he does! hahaa! unless he is frowning like about punish some misbehaving kids.
But then you know it´d be a just punishment. Will is the just King of Coldplayland haha

Incidentally I find the instruments they play reflect very well their roles/personalities in the context of the band. Will is the fundation (as the drums are of a song), Guy I think is also quite level headed while being a bit more dynamic than Will (like a bass is still the fundation of all the guitars but still less fundamental than the drums), Jonny and his scintillating solos just reflect his own sparkling and positive nature (just look at his smile LOL) and Chris of course is the ultimate voice of the melody in the song (like in his role in the band he ´s the one where most songs originate from). I kinda love how cohesive they are in all their aspects ! haha No wonder they function so well as a band.

gai

here's the interview where chris talks about it. the city is birmingham. i'll leave you to dig up the video. i'm pretty sure the song was yellow, but a slight chance i might be misremembering

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
here's the interview where chris talks about it. the city is birmingham. i'll leave you to dig up the video. i'm pretty sure the song was yellow, but a slight chance i might be misremembering

Thanks !

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
^
"It flew away like a bird"
Chris missed his calling as an ornithologist :eek: Either that or an astronomer.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
@The Adversary So your AROBTTH Head is bleeding ? Is that a statement about Coldplay as a whole or just an artwork you liked ?

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
So your AROBTTH Head is bleeding ? Is that a statement about Coldplay as a whole or just an artwork you liked ?
It was just an artwork I liked but I like your interpretation better. Yes, I'm going with that and I came up with it all by myself if anyone asks ;)

Last edited:

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I swear I always see a goat with a long ear every time I look at the AROBTTH artwork. I always need to remind myself its actually something else LOL

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Can you explain to me how to see the goat ?

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Can you explain to me how to see the goat ?
I know, I just took a long, hard look at my AROBTTH cd but couldnt see it. Then again, I don't wanna be corrupted and see a goat every time I look at AROBTTH