Welcome to Coldplaying!

The sun and the moon...Solar eclipse...1919...Coldplay? Discuss Coldplay's upcoming album and all the theories on Coldplaying! سلام و حب

SignUp Now!

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

gai

gosh people, there are only rumors and nothing concrete! just take a breather and let them do their thing! we all knew when this was announced with this being the epitome of mainstream, we won't get something in the vein of lp1-4 coldplay, specially considering the later output. we'll just have to wait and see.

also, don't forget that this is not completely in the hands of coldplay, when it comes to the show that they'll put out. a lot of people are working on it with them. not to mention a lot of corporate suits.

one thing we can count on is that this won't be a show aimed at pleasing the long-term, hard-core coldplay fan base. it can go many ways, let's hope they do surprise us in a good sense.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
gosh people, there are only rumors and nothing concrete! just take a breather and let them do their thing! we all knew when this was announced with this being the epitome of mainstream, we won't get something in the vein of lp1-4 coldplay, specially considering the later output. we'll just have to wait and see.

also, don't forget that this is not completely in the hands of coldplay, when it comes to the show that they'll put out. a lot of people are working on it with them. not to mention a lot of corporate suits.

one thing we can count on is that this won't be a show aimed at pleasing the long-term, hard-core coldplay fan base. it can go many ways, let's hope they do surprise us in a good sense.
Hmmm its 12 minutes right? So they are probably gonna play a mashup of a few songs I assume. We already know they are gonna play Hymn and Princess, I´d also expect ASFOS and Paradise.

I don't know that Coldplay won't have creative control over what they will do. I cant see why not. They will probably have a lot of time and logistic constraints though, but other than that Im sure they will do their thing, and probably one of the reasons they look forward to this: an unique opportunity for them to put up a show in a way they´ve never done before.

And as for not pleasing the hard-core coldplay fan base, I disagree. I , and Im sure many others, are plenty pleased by their live shows hehe And I think this will be a mini version of what they already do in the stadiums: lots of colours, lots of energy with the addition of a few guests. If it will be like this, it will surely be something I look forward to see! That said Im not familiar with halftime shows in general, so not sure exactly what to expect.

ColdMartin

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
they're not going to sing the whole song ,the setlist of Bruno Mars back then in 2014 was 6 songs .. and Beyonce did even 9 songs .. so I'm sure their will be room for the classics one .. also usually in the Super Bowl the last song used to be a bit more emotional, Brono did " Just The Way You Are " Beyonce sing " Halo " and katty perry with " Firework " .. as for Coldplay i can't think of anything other than Fix you it will be a stunning and memorable closer to the show

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
they're not going to sing the whole song ,the setlist of Bruno Mars back then in 2014 was 6 songs .. and Beyonce did even 9 songs .. so I'm sure their will be room for the classics one .. also usually in the Super Bowl the last song used to be a bit more emotional, Brono did " Just The Way You Are " Beyonce sing " Halo " and katty perry with " Firework " .. as for Coldplay i can't think of anything other than Fix you it will be a stunning and memorable closer to the show
Ah thanks for the info :) I had imagined a mashup but I did not know so many songs could be fit in. It will be interesting to see what they do! And I agree with you: fix you would be the obvious closer, though I admit I´d rather hear Everglow hehe :)

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
A mashup, that sounds interesting. Never saw Coldplay do a mashup before with the exception of the Viva Tour's The Hardest Part/PFFA and the techno version GPASUYF/Talk mashup.

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
how about a michael stipe appearance instead of all the rumored ones? never going to happen, but one can dream right?
Yes please!
Are you sure this isn't an old photo? I think it is strange that it is on Gwyneth's Instagram.

Stephie

My heart is my gun
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Whoa, Michael, what happened, lol? (I dig it. :wink3:)

Now waiting for the spoilers from the band that Davide promised in the Coldplaying interview...
(Also: I already checked at work whether I could take the day after the Super Bowl off, as it's in the middle of the night here, so I can stay awake without regrets. Cray cray. :rolleyes5:)

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Ohoh, some of those comments. :)

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
(Also: I already checked at work whether I could take the day after the Super Bowl off, as it's in the middle of the night here, so I can stay awake without regrets. Cray cray. :rolleyes5:)
I wonder how many people on here will see the super bowl for the very first time. Most of them probably don't even know what game they are playing :D
Anyway, i'm starting to look forward to it even though i wasn't a big fan of the idea at first.
Also really looking forward to the game. Gonna be a great night. Think i'm gonna be sitting in the sportsbar wearing my GS Tour shirt that night.

EDIT: And since they will probably announce North-America tour dates around the date of the game i'm looking forward to early february even more. Playing around with the idea of going to a gig in the US or Canada if everything fits my schedule and i can combine it with a vacation.

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer

Jaytheblue

Another Human Speciman
Coldplayer
I'm surprisingly hearing a lot of news on the Super Bowl but amazingly it's not negative

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm surprisingly hearing a lot of news on the Super Bowl but amazingly it's not negative
The news may not be negative, but the comments section under them is cancer.