[2016-04-10] Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've added the first part of my summary. The cping app deleted the first post I made

D

diogo_sg

Wow, the best Coldplay show I've ever been to without a doubt. Never sweated so much before. Was so hot in there, must have been 35c! I can't believe they played A Message! I was wearing a vest I bought from redbubble with "my song is love". They haven't played it in so long and never thought they would play it again :eek: (they played a song from x&y that isn't fix you or til kingdom come hallelujah!)

A further summary tomorrow.

Btw, lost internet connection 30 mins before Coldplay came on but I've got some video clips, including one of a message. I sleep first, it's been a long day haha!
Sounds like you had a great night! Can't wait to read more about it [emoji6]

Jamesfish

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think the speech towards the end of Up and Up done by Chris, confirms that they are here to stay for a long while yet.

pedest

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I was there and it was incredible as expected! Princess of China was a surprise but Parachutes followed by Shiver and A Message was a really killer.

Good to see they combining the huge anthems with the "indie" ones. Chis was really nice with The guy that invaded The stage asking The security to "be cool" a lot of times.

And I can't tell who were The Two kids in The stage with them in ASFOS, there was a blond Little One (too young to be Apple) and a brown hair one. Also happened 3 marriage proposals ❤

I really enjoy and prefer their early years (can you imagine How I felt hearing The song Parachutes? C'mon, this wasn't a European b-sides show in a pub - I know that kind of surprises doesn't often happens in a crowd stadium) but we all can see that they want to do what they do. "The best job in The world", as Chris said.

A little shoot from Maracanã! Epic day :)

Attachments

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
Still can't believe they did Parachutes+Shiver and A Message. This band is just messsing with my feelings.

oldiefan

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Thankfully nothing ugly happened, I'm glad Chris took it well and with a bit of humor
Ohhhhh - I hope security is improved from now on. Nothing bad happened, thank God, but protection is vitally important. I see Guy was quick off the mark to check all was ok. Stay safe precious boys !

Albi03

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Really lovely to hear a Message,beautiful song that has been missing for a while!
It was also nice to hear/see that chris as changed a bit they way/tuning that he play it..not bad!

Odvan

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
So it seems they dropped Politik for good. Realising it should be a joy show, there are enough politics nowadays.

A clever move perform different songs at B/C-stages, pleasing fans, without touching the main dish.

Can't wait to see "A message" footage!

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
Parachutes+Shiver+A Message?

Amazing!:heart:

Still dissapointing that Politik is no longer played, but delighted that Army Of One is now dropped.

MidnightSpies

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
No God put a smile/Violet Hill/Politik/Major minus/square one.. just completely nothing a bit rocky. Not even (1 of their best energetic and 'new' live songs) pop/rock Hurts like heaven..
All the 'louder' songs are either stadium anthems or party/dance songs. So what's left is ballads, acoustic and party/anthem. The requests are great, but thats' different every night.
I wish they would put something like Square one/ghost story/see you soon/one i love + at least 1 of their rockier songs!! in the every night setlist. Give us something else... ow please!
Where is the diversity with this tour?

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So it seems they dropped Politik for good. Realising it should be a joy show, there are enough politics nowadays.

A clever move perform different songs at B/C-stages, pleasing fans, without touching the main dish.

Can't wait to see "A message" footage!
On the way! Uploading it on Facebook now ;) someone please post it on here