[2016-06-16] Wembley Stadium, London, UK

nikofunk

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Amazing!! Glad you and your wife had an unforgettable night!
I almost died when I started to listen the intro to AIMH at the periscope transmission.
Guy told you something?
Are you going to another date of this European leg?
me too, very happy :D

No, guy didn't tell us, but its reaction was very special when he see us. xD

The most fun was the good bye of jonny, he made bang with is hand to us xD he was really surprised of a far far away country as chile was in front row in wembley ahahaha

unfortunately, this our last gig (nice+barcelona 2nd night+ wembley 2nd night), i've inverted almost 1 year savings in this xD it's pretty expensive be fan of coldplay.

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Amazing show :)

Although I was a bit chicken and "hid" on the unreserved seats to avoid the rain (but somehow made it back to Waterloo by 23:00 by sheer luck at being able to jump on the first Marylebone shuttle from the Stadium Station

God put a smile upon my face tonight :)

Last edited:

Norys

True love
Coldplayer
No, guy didn't tell us, but its reaction was very special when he see us. xD

The most fun was the good bye of jonny, he made bang with is hand to us xD he was really surprised of a far far away country as chile was in front row in wembley ahahaha
Wow! It is easy to love these guys, they are lovely people.

unfortunately, this our last gig (nice+barcelona 2nd night+ wembley 2nd night), i've inverted almost 1 year savings in this xD it's pretty expensive be fan of coldplay.
haha oh yeah It is. But every saving is worthy!

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Great concert, just come back to the hotel. Always In My Head was ridiculously good. The front of stage video was very much like Ghost Stories live with a spider cam hovering around. Highlight of the night, along with GPASUYF. Was a brand new acoustic version. Amazing.

Prefered the set list tonight to Manchester but the crowd was a little bit better over there.

Happy they haven't continued to play See You Soon and are changing it up again. Bring on Saturday!

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Great concert, just come back to the hotel. Always In My Head was ridiculously good. The front of stage video was very much like Ghost Stories live with a spider cam hovering around. Highlight of the night, along with GPASUYF. Was a brand new acoustic version. Amazing.

Prefered the set list tonight to Manchester but the crowd was a little bit better over there.

Happy they haven't continued to play See You Soon and are changing it up again. Bring on Saturday!
Manchester crowds are normally better for an atmosphere. Less "casual" fans

prospekt46

"Nu-Sensitive music, that's bollocks though"
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Is there audio of this yet? Mainly AIMH GE GPASUYF

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So ridiculously happy they pulled out Always In My Head! Was it anything like the Ghost Stories Tour version, or was it more stripped back?

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Reading all of these enthusiastic I can't freaking wait for Saturday OMG

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
THEY PLAYED ALWAYS in MY HEAD ARE YOU FOR REAL

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
You are SO lucky you got to hear AIMH!!

Xylobryte7

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Thank you! I can't believe they played AIMH. This tour is full of surprises and each concert seems different from the rest even in the same venue.
no problem! Yeah its been somewhat unpredictable what they'll play on the smaller stages lol

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
So ridiculously happy they pulled out Always In My Head! Was it anything like the Ghost Stories Tour version, or was it more stripped back?
You can listen for yourself but it for my full nerd's answer - it sounds quite similar to the GS Tour version, with the lush strings and all. The only noticeable difference is that Jonny plays a different guitar part during the 1st verse with more distinct and different notes than the album/GS Tour version. Ink has had similar modification for Jonny's guitar parts, where certain bits are less atmospheric and more clear - possibly to not overload the B/C-stages with too many guitar effects and make it seem more stripped back (or perhaps there may be a technical limitation/decision - maybe these things require a pedal that Jonny only has one of, and needs on the main stage). All that is to say - it's a fun level of variation that we've seen with both AIMH and Ink that still keep the souls of those songs, and an all-around pleasant surprise.

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
I feel like almost everyone is going to one of the Wembley shows but I don't[emoji17]