[2016-06-26] Coldplay Headline Glastonbury 2016

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I still am thinking about the beautiful tribute they did to Viola Beach! This truly shows what a great band Coldplay are. I have added the song to my spotify playlist and have bought it on google play!

TimeLordAdored

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Now you got me thinking: when a piano is out of tune, you only get some notes out of tune, not EVERY NOTE perfectly being a whole step lower. In this case all the notes he was playing were a whole step lower. Time to investigate!
I didn't catch what it was and I haven't watched the concert again but Jo Whiley was saying they had to borrow something from the BBC tent for the set. Maybe this had something to do with it?

It was in the bit just after the concert where Jo and Mark (?) were chatting.

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I didn't catch what it was and I haven't watched the concert again but Jo Whiley was saying they had to borrow something from the BBC tent for the set. Maybe this had something to do with it?

It was in the bit just after the concert where Jo and Mark (?) were chatting.
I think she said their monitors (speakers) broke

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
10 reasons we’re no longer taking the piss out of Coldplay

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/27/10-reasons-were-no-longer-taking-the-piss-out-of-coldplay-5969457/
"Yes, it’s always been pretty easy to take the piss out of Coldplay.
Heck, Google ‘Coldplay’ and the first thing to come up is ‘Coldplay sucks’.
Well, not anymore.
When Chris Martin and his boys headlined Glastonbury’s Pyramid stage last night… things got pretty emotional.
So here’s why we’ve all come crawling back to the big, fat, happy Coldplay love-in. Sorry it took us so long, Chris. Forgivsies?"

Really? What took them so long? :sleeping2:

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
10 reasons we’re no longer taking the piss out of Coldplay

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/27/10-reasons-were-no-longer-taking-the-piss-out-of-coldplay-5969457/
"Yes, it’s always been pretty easy to take the piss out of Coldplay.
Heck, Google ‘Coldplay’ and the first thing to come up is ‘Coldplay sucks’.
Well, not anymore.
When Chris Martin and his boys headlined Glastonbury’s Pyramid stage last night… things got pretty emotional.
So here’s why we’ve all come crawling back to the big, fat, happy Coldplay love-in. Sorry it took us so long, Chris. Forgivsies?"

Really? What took them so long? :sleeping2:
Lmao at this[emoji23]
people really can't decide if they should love or hate them, can they?

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
Lmao at this[emoji23]
people really can't decide if they should love or hate them, can they?
I know! Seems like they're on a roller coaster all the time:
"Oh, Coldplay are hippies.
Now Coldplay threw a fantastic Glasto party.
Coldplay have no sense of humor.
Now Coldplay are really funny.

Oh, and Chris Martin is so rude.
Now he's a very generous and sympathetic person."

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What a great show! Fix You, Charlie Brown, ASFOS, Stayin' Alive and the Viola Beach tribute were my favs :) Viola Beach were #2 in the iTunes charts I think. Massive impact!

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I've said it since AHFOD released, but hot damn have things turned around for the band. Critics suddenly love them again, and have since last November when AOAL released, but this Glasto set took them to an entirely new level. I haven't seen this level of respect for them since about 2009 (when I didn't know any better!). It feels so good to see them getting the respect they deserve. Words cannot describe how touching that Viola Beach tribute was.

I hope next time people think about talking shit on Coldplay in the future, they think back and remember how genuinely nice and considerate Coldplay are. We're lucky to have witnessed this, folks.
The band just kept doing what they love and they didn't change their beliefs. They are true to themselves and they just want people to enjoy their music while they're enjoying themselves. People who hate them at the beginning are starting to see that.

Mexima

Don Quixote
Coldplayer
Last edited:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Is Barry Gibb lip-syncing on Staying Alive ?

I just watched the video and noticed that the volume of his (incredibly high-pitched :O) voice is more or less the same even when he moves away from the microphone. How can this be explained ?

likeafire

Scientist
Coldplayer
Just when I quit Coldplay after their latest mediocre release they suck me back in again.
This was one of the best gigs I've seen. Stunning. The bee gees section was awesome.

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
They stole Glasto. I am sorry I've not posted here since I was on a field trip.

OMG. Where do I begin. The energy during the band's set was one of the absolute best things I'VE ever seen. Ever.

They actually pulled off the Viola Beach tribute. Legends:)
The electric guitar is back! Genius!:p
The Bee Gees' Barry Gibb joined them when we thought he withdrew. Amazing and surprising!;)
The Xylobands went to Glasto. Cool!
Chris pulled off Everglow perfectly solo. *HANDCLAPS*
and we all know the energy and rock coming out and in of that extrodinary set.

I loved it. One of the reasons we should all stick by them, even with their many mistakes.

COLDPLAY ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:):parachutes::arobtth::x&y::viva::mylo::gs:

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
Oh and yeah, Beck was the perfect opening act. Scrap the others that join them (except Lianne) on the tour and invite the real opener Mr Beck Hansen!!!!!!!

Overall, Coldplay, Foals, Beck, Muse and Tame Impala STOLE Glasto 2016.

ARushOfBuckin

Professional Coldplay Meme-lover
Coldplayer
I'm still trying to calm down from this show! One of the best ones ever! My favorite part was the Viola Beach tribute. So glad the band tributed them!

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
I just re-watched it and it left me totally speechless once again. It's one of the best shows anyone has ever played.

shezza H

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
ok so guardian gave both muse and adele 4 stars and Coldplay was the only one which received 5 stars.yet, if you read all three articles you find that coldplay's had the most cynical review.it was as if they couldn't just say that Coldplay was amazing, they HAD to be cynical about it. these people would rather slit their throats than admit that Coldplay is great and it angers me so much -_-