[2016-06-28] Coldplay at Kensington Garden for a Charity concert

gai

Prince Harry books Coldplay to headline charity concert at Kensington Palace

Coldplay singer Chris Martin will be the star attraction at the Kensington Palace concert

Prince Harry has booked rock supergroup Coldplay to headline a unique charity concert at Kensington Palace next month.

The Prince, who previously enlisted Coldplay front man Chris Martin to write the official anthem for the Invictus Games, has been given permission to use the East Lawn of the Palace for the gig on June 28.

Prince Harry is expected to introduce the acts CREDIT: PA
It will raise money for Sentebale, his charity for children in Lesotho affected by HIV/Aids, with tickets starting at £79 and rising to £500 for hospitality packages.

Only 3,000 tickets are available, which are expected to be snapped up within minutes of them going on sale online at 9am on Friday morning.

Laura Mvula will also be on the bill CREDIT: REX
It is the first time an open air pop concert has been held on the East Lawn, though it is not the first time a band has played at the Palace. In 2013 Taylor Swift sang at a gala evening in support of the homelessness charity Centrepoint.

The British singer-songwriter Laura Mvula, the African-Norwegian singing and songwriting duo Nico and Vinz and the spoken word artist George the Poet, an ambassador for Sentebale, will also be on the bill.

The East Lawn at Kensington Palace, where the concert will be held CREDIT: BEN STANSALL/AFP
Coldplay said they were "delighted" to join the Prince in support of Sentebale's "incredible" work.

The money raised by the concert will go towards Sentebale's monthly Saturday clubs, caregiver days and residential week-long camps at the newly-opened Mamohato Children's Centre which delivers psychosocial support to children living with HIV.

the telegraph

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Good luck to everyone trying for tickets!

wisna

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Ooo, when?! I wish I'd known about it :'( It just says sold out. Does anyone think they'll release more tickets?! x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app
On Friday.
It's always worth trying to check the website later, they often release more tickets, some transactions may be cancelled.
Or if you're in London, you can try to go to the venue and maybe there will be someone with a spare.

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
On Friday.
It's always worth trying to check the website later, they often release more tickets, some transactions may be cancelled.
Or if you're in London, you can try to go to the venue and maybe there will be someone with a spare.
Yeah I'll have to bookmark the page and try later. I hope you have an incredible time and that's it's nice and sunny [emoji3] x

SonofCoco

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thanks! Haha yes [emoji6] x

Little Miss C. I have one spare ticket. Came on this site because I want to sell it, at FACE VALUE to a FAN and not to scalpers on resale sites. You can have first shot at it. If you don't reply within a day, then everyone else please feel free to flood my inbox with requests!

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Little Miss C. I have one spare ticket. Came on this site because I want to sell it, at FACE VALUE to a FAN and not to scalpers on resale sites. You can have first shot at it. If you don't reply within a day, then everyone else please feel free to flood my inbox with requests!
Thank you, that's very kind of you. I can't really justify buying a ticket as I'm already seeing the boys at Wembley, it would seem a bit much if I did both as it's all so expensive x

SonofCoco

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
No worries. Made you 'first pick' cos you seemed most gutted not to have a ticket. When I didn't hear from you I said yes to someone else who was happy to be 'second choice'! Enjoy! x

ritasfn

Diamond taking shape
Coldplayer
what time do coldplay start and how long will they play for ?
The concert starts at 8, not sure how long Coldplay will perform.
I managed to win tickets with Global Citizen, I'm so happy! Anyone else here going?

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
The concert starts at 8, not sure how long Coldplay will perform.
I managed to win tickets with Global Citizen, I'm so happy! Anyone else here going?
What, really? Where did you apply?