Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2016-08-01] First Niagara Center, Buffalo, NY

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Good evening. We are very pleased to announce that the band will perform 12 U.S. arena shows alongside this summer’s U.S. stadium tour. Tickets for the new arena dates go on general sale at 10am local time on Friday, April 15 from Ticketmaster (apart from Detroit, which will be on sale at 10am on Saturday, April 16).

We’re also very happy to confirm that singer-songwriter Alessia Cara will be the main support at all the U.S. shows, with Foxes opening at all of the shows between July 16 and August 6.

LazyDancerKar

A Potato
Coldplayer
I can't even describe how happy I am about this show announcement. The closest they've come to actual Buffalo was Darien Lake back in 2009. ;___; Totally unexpected but so wonderful.

ediskrad73

Yes!
Coldplayer
just realised this morning that its the first time they'll properly be in Buffalo.

got my tickets this morning, see all you Buffalo (and Southern Ontario) Coldplayers there!

blueangel

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Selling two tickets for show in Buffalo -purchased during presale section 107 ,row 22 ,seats 3 and 4
Purchased floor seats during general sale.

alexis16

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So excited for this! Last time they were in the Buffalo area was 2009!! Just a few more hours - - EEK!

Heavensbee

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Apparently Chris just confirmed a return to North America next summer. Yayayaya Canada :)

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer
So I just read that they had to restart Til Kingdom Come because Chris forgot the lyrics. That reminds me of listening to all the Ghost Stories concert live streams back in 2014. It felt like they had to restart that song almost every fricken time they played it! :laugh3:

BiggerStronger

Believe in love
Coldplayer
  • Chris made eye contact with me, waved and asked "are you ok?"
  • The man standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME had his phone taken by Chris during Always In My Head
  • My parents were sitting three rows in front the C-Stage and high fived the band members
  • I GOT A SETLIST!! At the end of the show from a roadie who I believe was Miller (he was a bald guy with glasses?)

42Escapist

Prospketor
Coldplayer
  • The man standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME had his phone taken by Chris during Always In My Head
  • My parents were sitting three rows in front the C-Stage and high fived the band members
  • I GOT A SETLIST!! At the end of the show from a roadie who I believe was Miller (he was a bald guy with glasses?)
Congratulations!!! :awesome:

Oh, and by the way, Miller is Roadie 42!

alexis16

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
You must have been behind me, I was row 12 along the runway, on the east side if you're facing the stage!
Looks like you were on the otherside of the runway! Chris seemed to interact with your side more!!!

Heavensbee

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
What's the secret to getting a setlist? Was Miller just carrying it around or did he pull it off B-stage and give it to you?

I've always wondered!

BiggerStronger

Believe in love
Coldplayer
What's the secret to getting a setlist? Was Miller just carrying it around or did he pull it off B-stage and give it to you?

I've always wondered!
I just stayed by the stage for a few mins after the show ended, then saw Miller walk down the runway with a setlist looking for someone to give it to. I waved and when he noticed me I just kept saying "please?" (kind of gave him puppy dog eyes too :laugh4:). He then pointed towards me and asked one of the arena security guards to hand me the setlist!

BiggerStronger

Believe in love
Coldplayer
Also at one point Chris asked, "how many people came from Canada?" and I swear like 70% of the crowd cheered!

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Cool article
http://live.buffalonews.com/2016/08/03/coldplay-photo-got/
That Coldplay photo: How I got it

At concerts I’m always looking for something besides the usual "performer in front of microphone" shot.

On Monday night, I got that and more.

Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin was energetically taking advantage of the runway stage in First Niagara Center. He ran by me when suddenly their confetti canons blasted tons of confetti into the crowd, covering everyone on the floor including me, inside my camera bag and clothing.

At concerts I’m always looking for something besides the usual "performer in front of microphone" shot.

On Monday night, I got that and more.

Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin was energetically taking advantage of the runway stage in First Niagara Center. He ran by me when suddenly their confetti canons blasted tons of confetti into the crowd, covering everyone on the floor including me, inside my camera bag and clothing.

[Photos: Cantillon's full concert gallery | Miers' Coldplay review]

Advertisement

It was pretty cool looking, so I waited for him to run back by me through the confetti and I grabbed a couple of frames. I was hoping they would be in focus, because through that chaos, who knows what my autofocus lenses are going to key in on.

To my delight, it was in focus and gave me something very different from the usual concert shot.

coldplay_lover4

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I'm thirteen rows back, right against the runway!!!
Please let me ask you, how do you get such awesome tickets?? I have seen them in concert 7 times & always get stuck with nose bleed seats. To be close to the stage would be an absolute dream!!! How can I get so close?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiggerStronger

Believe in love
Coldplayer
Please let me ask you, how do you get such awesome tickets?? I have seen them in concert 7 times & always get stuck with nose bleed seats. To be close to the stage would be an absolute dream!!! How can I get so close?!
I booked them through VIP Nation! On this tour I'm quite sure they reserve a lot of the front seats for VIP ticket holders.
It's funny because the package I bought said I would be seated somewhere in rows 15-26, but then my ticket said row 13!