[2016-09-24] Chris Martin to appear at The Global Citizen Concert in NYC

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
lol "[November 19th] is also world toilet day, so for those of you who associate our band with toilets,..."

ChrisMartinFan

Believe in love :)
Coldplayer
Same lol it got me super hyped up
Saaame I feel like such a fangirl xD
He literally just stood there for like a minute and spoke for for like 15 seconds but I was like CHRISSS - flail -
''You don't have to clap, I'm just wearing a t shirt'' lol what? Silly Chris :'D

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Saaame I feel like such a fangirl xD
He literally just stood there for like a minute and spoke for for like 15 seconds but I was like CHRISSS - flail -
''You don't have to clap, I'm just wearing a t shirt'' lol what? Silly Chris :'D
I know, haha, I'm kind of wondering what level of attire for which we are supposed to clap? Like, does he just have to be wearing long sleeves? Or does it need to be formal wear? Or maybe we're just meant to clap when he has a special t-shirt on, as opposed to just a t-shirt.

arushofjacktothehead

A Wispa, A Wispa, A Wispa
Coldplayer
Holy shit Metallica just killed it. No competition whatsoever, best of the night so far. The crowd was really enthralled and knew every word (like me back at home) and I could predict when Kirk was about to solo with his wahwah like crazy. Well I'm off to watch the Rock Critic's new episode of Album Review on YouTube before Chris and Eddie come on and blow me away too. I also can't wait for Cat Stevens. The rest to me though is bland plastic mediocrity. But that doesn't matter.

No matter who you do and don't like, please help support this organisation.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Ugh, Metallica....Metallica's frontman Hetlfield once said in an interview a few years ago that he approves of his music being used to psychologocially torture prisoners at Guantamo Bay :bomb: (they did this to prisoners there, like looping one song at a deafening volume for 24 hrs or more to keep the person from sleeping...and so on) Ever since, I have to think of this image in my head whenever I hear of Metallica... :sick2: :sick:...
Contrast this to our band, promoting the message of kindness, humaneness, peace and togetherness.

Now where was Chris...

arushofjacktothehead

Coldplayer
Ugh, Metallica....Metallica's frontman Hetlfield once said in an interview a few years ago that he approves of his music being used to psychologocially torture prisoners at Guantamo Bay :bomb: (they did this to prisoners there, like looping one song at a deafening volume for 24 hrs or more to keep the person from sleeping...and so on) Ever since, I have to think of this image in my head whenever I hear of Metallica... :sick2: :sick:...
Contrast this to our band, promoting the message of kindness, humaneness, peace and togetherness.

Now where was Chris...
Hmm. I didn't know that. Well, Lars or Kirk is my favourite out of Metallica anyways. You did hear Lars at the end right? He supports this COMPLETELY. And plus, that isn't going to stop my love for one of the most diverse and unique thrash metal bands of our time.

At least Trent Reznor COMPLETELY disapproves of that idea of torture when NIN was supposed to be used. He's a legend.

If anything, play the current CRAP top 40 and that's torture. Not Metallica or NIN or Coldplay. These are REAL bands.

But FUCK torture. Tonight and all nights are about being together and helping one another. And these REAL bands I'm going on about make gorgeous and epic music, which is all AGAINST violence.

Last edited:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Just watching some earlier parts right now...

The Cat Stevens set was good...gives the festival a vibe of several decades ago :)
Too bad Chris Martin and he didn't appear on stage together, that would have been the ultimate sign of togetherness after the VLV-controversy...

Kendrick Lamar's rap is...unusual. And I mean that in a positive way !

arushofjacktothehead

Coldplayer
Just watching some earlier parts right now...

The Cat Stevens set was good...gives the festival a vibe of several decades ago :)
Too bad Chris Martin and he didn't appear on stage together, that would have been the ultimate sign of togetherness after the VLV-controversy...

Kendrick Lamar's rap is...unusual. And I mean that in a positive way !
I adored Cat Stevens performance.

I'm putting this out there right now. I really don't like hip-hop. It's not my cup of tea. And unlike others I'm not a fan of Lamar's. But at least it will be better than Rihanna, who for some baffling reason is the headliner instead of Pearl Jam or Coldplay. I wish Radiohead played here, it would fit well with Yorke's charity work, and it's all for good cause.

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
About 15 minutes til Chris!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I am not a fan of Lamar's either and the whole rap and hip hop scenes are not my cup of tea either...I just thought this phone song sounded refresheningly unusual at least to my ears. That may be because I don't listen to a lot of this music, but it sounded better than most of the stuff from these genres that I'm sometimes subjected in public... :)