[2016-09-24] Chris Martin to appear at The Global Citizen Concert in NYC

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Nope. Patti Smith - People Have The Power duet now.

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chris's voice sounds so strained :( But beautiful song. They are performing a Pearl Jam song now I think, so maybe the next one will be from Coldplay . What do you think it's gonna be ? Probably Everglow...

Eddie Vedder has great vocals by the way ! i need to check out some Pearl Jam....
Was just gonna say the opposite. Chris sounds great and Eddie not so much

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Eddie Vedder has great vocals by the way ! i need to check out some Pearl Jam....
Never been a big PJ fan but Eddie's voice is great ... will never forget when he sang Comfortably Numb with Roger Waters at the 12/12/12 show and nailed it. He has a very distinctive voice ... nice to hear him with Chris who also does in an entirely different way.
I don't think Chris's voice sounds particularly rough, other than a couple high notes here and there. Sounds pretty solid and hitting his notes well in most spots.

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They done now?

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I love Eddie's voice, even more than Chris'.
Eddie is overruling him a bit

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Well that was a short but nice set.
It is 3 am in Belgium, going to catch up some sleep.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I love Eddie's voice, even more than Chris'.
Eddie is overruling him a bit
I thought exactly the same thing, to be honest. I love Chris's voice, but next to Eddie's it did sound like the less powerful one.
Anyway, a bit disappointed that there was no Coldplay song but that goes to show how humble Chris is - he would never want to showcase his band on such an occasion, highlighting peace ballads and a Pearl Jam song instead. :)

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
It was really beautiful but way to short:( I had at least hoped for one coldplay song

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
That was epic! They played the right songs, so accurate for the purpose of festival.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
That was epic! They played the right songs, so accurate for the purpose of festival.
Agreed ... very much in the spirit of the event!

I thought exactly the same thing, to be honest. I love Chris's voice, but next to Eddie's it did sound like the less powerful one.
I just thought it sounded quieter, so kind of got dominated when they sang together. I mean it sounded like Eddie's mic was up higher. Personally I think Chris's has a much richer timbre, but that's purely subjective on my part. I loved the combination of the two, though, both excellent voices with different singing styles which makes for a great collaboration.

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chris is back out!!

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Raspberry Beret!

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
He just made up a whole verse about Rihanna getting ready!

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Awww, man I had turned it off. Fail. Fortunately the stream lets you go back so I can watch it now.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I was on my way back to Chris's appearance, when I spotted Rihanna's Stay...and stayed there. Love this song. I wish that would have been a duet with Chris...that would have been just perfect !

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Chris is from Whitestone, UK ? Now that's news to me, I thought it was Exeter itself...

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Rihanna is sampling Dragostea din tei ? Lol.

OK, I'm turning off now !