[2016-11-14] Coldplay, Live Recording Session For Spotify

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Just listened to the first three songs.
I have to say I was never a fan of acoustic versions of VLV that do not include strings - for me this song just lives on its string arrangement and is just not the same without it. But refreshing to hear different versions of songs like AOAL (although I find the "beat drop" in it to sound a bit awkward :D)

Will listen to Yellow and CL later :)

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
gys download link?
I don't think you can download them as "ordinary" music files.
Spotify puts them over different files and maps when you download.

Grahamw

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just listened to it and had to take it down as it's picked up all other system noise my mac was making like trash and iMessages coming in. If I get time I'll try again after I've disabled it

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Wow, that version of Yellow is so beautiful.
I have goosebumps all over. [emoji173][emoji169]
It's so beautiful! it's my favorite!

gai

these are really good versions. love aoal and yellow! man, yellow can still take your breath away with different arrangements after all this time!

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
these are really good versions. love aoal and yellow! man, yellow can still take your breath away with different arrangements after all this time!
That proves how great the song is. I remember reading that when a song can be played acoustically it's the sign that it's a great one.

Mek

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hi!

could you give us another link to download the audio?

hahninator

There we sat in snow
Coldplayer
Love the version of Yellow. This is a great release. I just wish they had included Violet Hill on it.

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
QUOTE="Nie, post: 5858795, member: 99622"]Wow, that version of Yellow is so beautiful.
I have goosebumps all over. [emoji173][emoji169][/QUOTE]

It's so beautiful! it's my favorite!
totally agree

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
My two cents, which may or may not matter to you at all :)

1. Everglow--A nice version, but nothing here is much different from the studio version in the end. This track has so many versions now that I am pretty satisfied with it.
2. Viva--I am glad this finally got put to recording. The piano/guitar combo really matches the Viva era well. I am not particularly fond of Will's percussion choice here. He would have sounded much better used on acoustic guitar, but that is a minor complaint.
3. AOAL--Not sure why this song would ever need an acoustic version... it just doesn't sound any different in this style than the studio version save the drums. AOAL is groovy but doesn't really carry itself all the way into a 4 minute song, the beat just isn't dynamic enough.
4. Yellow- No complaints. I love the way Chris starts with piano and how Jonny's guitar has a ton of room to shine. Great version, but I still prefer their 2011 Live Acoustic Version which is more atmopsheric, and where Will can come in on acoustic guitar though.
5. Christmas Lights-- Quite lovely and fitting. Suits this EP well!

As a die-hard fan, this EP is just okay to me. None of the versions are drastically different enough for me to be like "whoa! I need this in my collection." The song choice is very safe for casual fans and none of the songs are even all that "acoustic." I am still hoping Spotify will release acoustic guitar versions of ASFOS and HFTW in the near future since those were performed during this set. Their studio versions were so bombastically produced that a stripped/raw versions would be very desirable.

tekjansen505

Sparks
Coldplayer
^ I absolutely agree about ASFOS and HFTW. I love those songs, and love the acoustic versions I've heard of them so far, and I want the Spotify quality for them in my collection. Also where did they perform Yellow Acoustic in 2011? My memory isn't working haha

battmatth

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hello,
This is my recording of the Spotify session, :

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/53ba3f42cbc7ce028ad869a550840ac320161223213332/9e17642368d7cc1a61e602e29379108220161223213332/f9a6a8

Recording process :
Spotify Premium 320Kbit/s quality > iPhone plugged with USB Cable on MacbookPro (digital recording directly from the app) > recording of the whole EP with QuickTime Player, AIFF-C PCM 16bits (21min09sec) > edit/split made with iTunes > conversion in iTunes Plus file (AAC 256Kbit/s (VBR) .M4A)

There is no blank between tracks ;)

Have yourself a merry Christmas!
Cheers