[2016-9-3.4] Coldplay to Headline Made In America Festival

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
That's awesome! :D It was a joy to watch on the stream and it's certainly a show that I want to rewatch soon if somebody was kind enough to record it.

How was the sound from where you were at?
the sound was pretty good! i was off to the west side of the stage, but i had basically a clear view of the stage minus a few times the people standing in front of me blocked it with their heads :p and i think i was about the same distance as when i actually paid to see them! :lol:

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Omg that was amazing, I was right up front in front of that stage extension (waited alllll day there) and Chris was like 10 feet from us half the night. I can't even process it. They were so great, the whole night was perfect! Will post some pictures later. I'm still awestruck. :-D My Xyloband is still glowing too, I never want it to stop. <3
I'm so glad you had fun. :) I certainly remember feeling the same way at Glasto. It was euphoric! And my Xyloband glowed for about a day until it finally turned off. :lol:
the sound was pretty good! i was off to the west side of the stage, but i had basically a clear view of the stage minus a few times the people standing in front of me blocked it with their heads :p and i think i was about the same distance as when i actually paid to see them! :lol:
Oh good! :) Wow, I can't imagine what it would be like to see them twice in two different venues in such a short span of time... especially for free the second time!

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
Oh good! :) Wow, I can't imagine what it would be like to see them twice in two different venues in such a short span of time... especially for free the second time!
i feel like i can't imagine it either and it just happened to me! :lol: but if the way my legs and throat are feeling right now is any indication, i will be paying for it tomorrow :p (still worth it)

and i'm really glad to hear that the stream was really good, too. hopefully someone will upload it soon so i can watch the performance properly :wacko:

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Sounds like it was a great concert.

How long was their set?
I thought it started at 4:30 European time and when I looked at my phone at 5:40 I saw a tweet from Coldplay saying "Thank you and good night".
I must have missed by a few minutes.

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Sounds like it was a great concert.

How long was their set?
I thought it started at 4:30 European time and when I looked at my phone at 5:40 I saw a tweet from Coldplay saying "Thank you and good night".
I must have missed by a few minutes.
I think it was about 70 minutes. It was basically the regular AHFOD tour set, minus Amazing Day and a few songs that they would normally play on the b-stage and c-stage.

oldiefan

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Being in the UK I was asleep as it was happening. First thing I did this morning was check in here - great to read all your excited comments. Just hoping now that someone has been kind enough to have recorded the stream and will put it on here.

ARushOfBuckin

Professional Coldplay Meme-lover
Coldplayer
I got some screenshots of the show last night. Most are kind of low quality, but just for viewing pleasure! Hope you enjoy them..
bandicam 2016-09-04 21-37-56-329.jpg

bandicam 2016-09-04 22-08-07-087.jpg
bandicam 2016-09-04 22-10-47-151.jpg
bandicam 2016-09-04 22-11-28-002.jpg

Attachments

ARushOfBuckin

Coldplayer
I think it was about 70 minutes. It was basically the regular AHFOD tour set, minus Amazing Day and a few songs that they would normally play on the b-stage and c-stage.
It went until about 11 o'clock actually, (If I remember correctly, I was quite tired) so 1 hour and 30 minutes. It was a great show though!!

ARushOfBuckin

Coldplayer
set list ?
The set list for the show was as follows:

A Head Full of Dreams
Yellow
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
The Scientist
Birds
Paradise with Remix
Everglow
Clocks
Midnight
Charlie Brown
Hymn for the Weekend
Fix You
Heroes (David Bowie cover)
Viva la Vida
Adventure of a Lifetime
Kaleidoscope
A Sky Full of Stars
Up&Up

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
I'm so glad you had fun. :) I certainly remember feeling the same way at Glasto. It was euphoric! And my Xyloband glowed for about a day until it finally turned off. :lol:
this seems to be a pattern, because even now my Xyloband is still going (or glowing) strong :p

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
My Xyloband glowed all night, until about 11 this morning ... I left it on my night stand and went to sleep with it like a lovely color-changing nightlight. <3

I'd write a review but I never know how to describe concert-related emotions haha. I got there really early and ran to the stage and got a spot right in the front near the middle, and that stage was just right on top of us. I met some really nice fans too, we had a great little group there the whole day. It was hot but I think we lucked out on weather because none of that wind and rain I feared showed up at all. When the band finally took the stage it was just surreal (people sometimes overuse that word but it really genuinely was, it just felt like an alternate reality or something) ... I thought I'd keel over when Chris first came out on that apron at the beginning of A Head Full of Dreams. The apron did make it a little hard to see the main stage, I had to stand on my tip-toes to see Will or the piano (got a great calf workout lol), but it was so fun to have Chris bouncing all over right there all show. This was my seventh Coldplay show and it has always been a gift to see them from anywhere, nosebleeds too, but it was really a treat to get this close to them just once. I hate to sound heroworshipy, but I was just awestruck the whole time being right in front of these guys I've been listening to for 16 years and actually see their faces and musicianship right there. I've been to a lot of shows in my life, been very lucky, but this was sure one to count on the bucket list. I'm glad everyone got to watch the stream and @coldplayisawesome I'm glad you were able to see!! I'll bet you had a great view since they added the extra part to the stage, and the Xylobands must have looked amazing!
I only took one video since it was being streamed and I didn't feel like holding a camera still for any length of time, mostly just snapped a lot of photos ... and it came out surprisingly wonderful so I'm sharing.
Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7i2hKv5k4

And a couple photos

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
My Xyloband glowed all night, until about 11 this morning ... I left it on my night stand and went to sleep with it like a lovely color-changing nightlight. <3

I'd write a review but I never know how to describe concert-related emotions haha. I got there really early and ran to the stage and got a spot right in the front near the middle, and that stage was just right on top of us. I met some really nice fans too, we had a great little group there the whole day. It was hot but I think we lucked out on weather because none of that wind and rain I feared showed up at all. When the band finally took the stage it was just surreal (people sometimes overuse that word but it really genuinely was, it just felt like an alternate reality or something) ... I thought I'd keel over when Chris first came out on that apron at the beginning of A Head Full of Dreams. The apron did make it a little hard to see the main stage, I had to stand on my tip-toes to see Will or the piano (got a great calf workout lol), but it was so fun to have Chris bouncing all over right there all show. This was my seventh Coldplay show and it has always been a gift to see them from anywhere, nosebleeds too, but it was really a treat to get this close to them just once. I hate to sound heroworshipy, but I was just awestruck the whole time being right in front of these guys I've been listening to for 16 years and actually see their faces and musicianship right there. I've been to a lot of shows in my life, been very lucky, but this was sure one to count on the bucket list. I'm glad everyone got to watch the stream and @coldplayisawesome I'm glad you were able to see!! I'll bet you had a great view since they added the extra part to the stage, and the Xylobands must have looked amazing!
I only took one video since it was being streamed and I didn't feel like holding a camera still for any length of time, mostly just snapped a lot of photos ... and it came out surprisingly wonderful so I'm sharing.
Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7i2hKv5k4

And a couple photos

Wow!
Nice pictures and the colors in that video are so beautiful.
It must have been hard to catch up with Chris and film him. [emoji1]

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Wow!
Nice pictures and the colors in that video are so beautiful.
It must have been hard to catch up with Chris and film him. [emoji1]
It really was, he's so damn fast, as you can see I lose him a couple times haha ... I was actually surprised I stayed on him that well because I stopped looking at the camera screen a couple times when he was spinning. :laugh4: