[2017-7-11] Principality Stadium, Cardiff, UK

GlasgowAndy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
First post ever on here. Used it for a lot of good information going back.

Just leaving Glasgow airport with a pint to go for my 11th time seeing them. Gotta say still cannot wait......it's like Xmas eve stuff.

I do wish though that they would close the roof. I think with weather and a new experience it'd be pretty decent.

oldiefan

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I've seen conflicting comments re' the roof, so we won't know until we get there. Hope it's closed..... Chris'll be slipping all over the place if not. Just going to get breckie then off for Cardiff train ! Trying to stay calm !!!!

Danceteacher

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Saw an announcement on Facebook that "at the band's insistence" the roof would be open despite the rains. Sorry, cannot post the image here and not sure if this link works.

Last edited:

GlasgowAndy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Normally would just embrace the weather. But just makes sense with it is as it is.....and tbf add in alcohol.....probably for mine and others safety mate not be a bad idea ha ha.

It's no raining in Bristol yet......before the 2hr bus to Cardiff then 1hr to digs.....getting drinks along the way :D

jezh

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The roof may be open for the concert. Chris Martin's decision I've been told.

tekjansen505

Sparks
Coldplayer
I'm good with either but I'm hoping we get let in soon ... "early entry" and all [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jezh

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Delayed entry due to having to do another sound check as the roof is now closed.

I guess that means it's staying closed. Should make the lIghtfield show better but maybe no pyros.

oldiefan

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Delayed entry due to having to do another sound check as the roof is now closed.

I guess that means it's staying closed. Should make the lIghtfield show better but maybe no pyros.
Ahhhh.. that was interesting to read. I'd wondered what the delay was for, as I huddled under the over-hanging roof round the side while I drank my gin & tonic and ate my butty. Not the best picnic I've ever had. But I was soooooo relieved to get in and see the roof was closed ! Everyone soon dried off and warmed up - of course. IT WAS EPIC !!!!

BuckinParadise

Believe in Miracles
Coldplayer
Hi everyone !!

I am searching for someone to swap the Early Entry gift from Cardiff ( Coldplay Towel ) with the German / French VIP gift which was a Coldplay themed colored book and rainbow pencils in a nice box. Thank you !!!