22-Jul-09: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

mrman78

M A R C U S
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOgLxvikVTk"]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Chris' Ditty + Death Will Never Conquer (Will)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO2S_rpz_bI"]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Viva La Vida[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWaoPTktdro"]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Lovers In Japan[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EHpbkVqVY"]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - End of Show Bowing[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atg3FWmYINs"]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Chris talkining about LRLRL[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwZrXfvEEM0"]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009 - Final Exit[/ame]

ImLovingGuyBerryman

poopity poop
Coldplayer
does anyone know what happened during 42?
i sort of have it on video, but it's kinda hard to tell. it looked like maybe jonny stepped on chris' cord? :thinking:

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
does anyone know what happened during 42?
i sort of have it on video, but it's kinda hard to tell. it looked like maybe jonny stepped on chris' cord? :thinking:

I wasn't there, but looking at the vid, it looks like Chris's cord came undone, and tried it then decided to just go to the piano alittle ahead of schedule:) Couldn't see where J maybe stepped on it.

mrman78

M A R C U S
Coldplayer
@ Angie, well so much for you being worried your pics wouldn't come out :rolleyes: :p

I think they are better than mine! I need a new camera though, it's too grainy with video and such and the zoom is crap - plus the microphone issue ;)

ImLovingGuyBerryman

poopity poop
Coldplayer
I wasn't there, but looking at the vid, it looks like Chris's cord came undone, and tried it then decided to just go to the piano alittle ahead of schedule:) Couldn't see where J maybe stepped on it.
i think mine might kind of show it. but then again im not certain. it just *sort of* looked like that.

I need a new camera though, it's too grainy with video and such and the zoom is crap
that's the problems with mine too :\

mrman78

M A R C U S
Coldplayer
Two pics I forgot to post! Chris is all funky on the screen in the second pic!

Lizzybear

Modern Love
Coldplayer
Home at last!
Why must Texas be so frickin big! :angry:

Woot got hi 5 from Jonny, I wore my Southampton shirt and got a "nice shirt" from Will on their way to the B Stage, then a hi 5 from Will on his way back to main stage. :D
And lots of love from Jackie! Hugs and she remembered where I live. :stunned: After, the cute little security guard that gave me the set list said I thought you said that lady didn't like you. You look like old friends. :lol:
She was acting so BFF with me.
Jackie: Hey, how you doing? :hug: You been going to lots of shows. This is where you live right?
Me--> :stunned: uh, yeah.
Me: Hey did you hear about Nettie?
Jackie:That's the black girl right? No what happened?
Me: she got killed in a car accident
Jackie: WHAT! Fuck! *said into the headset mic that goes out to all the security people, then she does a oops and covers the mic* OMG that is horrible!
Me: I know, it's so sad. On her way to a concert.
Jackie: Well have fun tonight *leaves*

Me: :uhoh2: Did that just happen?
ANGIE :bomb: I seriously think you get more and more lucky at every show you go to! :bomb: I cant believe that stuff about Jackie either :stunned:

OMG my Houston Hi 5 video is awesome! :D
YouTube - High 5 from Jonny Houston
:blush: OMG!! SO completely AWESOME!! Each of their reactions kept getting better and better :lol: Will is adorable at the "nice shirt" :wacky:

Venue

Phil!!!

show me your "good side" big boy :wink3:

someone yelled "Phil Harvey" and he ran away. :laugh3:

OK so they had this tall security dude that was right in my line of site, so I found him a chair and asked him to please sit down. :lol:

then evil security boss came and made him stand back up :veryangry2:

Jonny during Cemeteries of London. It's ghost J :stunned:

OK settle down Berrygirls, I got your damn Guy pics

MORE PHIL ?! :dizzy2:

What a mother load of Phil the last couple of days:wink3:

Get your pants adjusted Guy, the show is starting! Maybe if you had some ass to hold them up. :rolleyes:
YouTube - LIT
:angry: Get yo ass back boy :whip:

Dancy Jonny :dance:
YouTube - LIJ Guy and Jonny

Jonny and Chrissy end of show love :love:
YouTube - End of show love
:charming:

i saw you and Angie. infact, the first person i saw once i sat down was Angie. i was about 20 rows behind you guys. nice pics and videos by the way!

thanks Angie :D

what does she look like? i think sometime before the show started she was sitting in a seat in the row in front of me :thinking:

awesome!

nice brenda!

ok the nothing really special happened to me, but it was a great show!
if only i had been at the end of the row i could have gotten a video similar to Angie's hi 5 video. :\
also, my we waited around for about an hour where the band would have come out because we were pretty sure they were still there (there was a line of people with backstage passes waiting to meet the band after the show) but some police peeps on horses who had sat there with the about 10 or so of us that whole time out of the blue told us to leave. after an hour.
could have told us sooner :shifty:

my phil pics

i dont know if i have any good pics or videos. will post them later if they're ok or good enough
AWESOME LAUREN :dance:

OMG and more Phil luck you got too!!! :dead: I swear your in tight with Phil at your shows :lol:

And that boi got some booty :charming: :wacky:

Great vids :thumbsup:

mrman78

M A R C U S
Coldplayer
Here are the last two vids!

I apologise about the sound in the second video. I don't know why it didn't pick up the sound very well, since the others were ok. I think it was Will's electronic drums, ha!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0S_0axrcEU"]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009: The Hardest Part (Chris)[/ame]

Look for Angie around the 18 second mark, you can see her hair, lol :D

Oh, and you can see the lightning from the storm in the distance to the left around the 35 second mark and again around 1:15... I'm just glad it missed us!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fTrbG2l5sw"]YouTube - Coldplay The Woodlands-Houston: 22nd July, 2009: Exit to B-Stage and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face[/ame]

luckygirl1791

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey guys! Just spent the past hour or so reading all the posts of the concert...it was AMAZING. I was front and center with Brenda--Chris just inches away!! But he didn't ever look down directly at us, which was sort of annoying. Though we're both convinced Guy was looking at us :smug:

Thanks for the pics everyone! And the videos--that high five!! I'm jealous! It may sound crazy, but I hate taking pictures/videos during concerts...I get so distracted. I'm no good with a camera anyway, so I just don't bother and leave it up to other people. And you guys obviously did a good job :)

We stayed after too to try and get some autographs, something, anything! but the jackass security guards shooed us off. They were mean about it, too. Ugh. But whatever--someday, somehow, I shall meet the boys! This was only my third concert, but by far the most amazing. There is just no beating the front of the pit. I mean, last two, I was basically in the nosebleeds, far as could possibly be. After this experience, no more!

I tried yelling at the boys individually--they either didn't hear most of the time or just ignored me :( BUT when Chris was playing Postcards, and the rest were getting ready for VLV, I screamed, "HEY WILL!!" and I think he actually heard, as he like lifted his arms in greeting or something :D So that was awesome.

Anyway, great show, will miss the boys--until the next show!

luckygirl1791

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Oh, and I forgot to mention: Phil was taking pictures RIGHT in front of me, and I had the greatest urge to just pet him. He's so adorable!! Gahh. But I resisted. ;)

Also! I was with my little cousin (well, she's twelve) and after the show, a roadie was reaching down with a guitar pick. I immediately reach out, but he's like, "For the little girl" ! Just because I'm not little doesn't mean I don't want a souvenir! Just like at baseball games...ugh.... but whatever. I worked out a deal with her. I have half-custody :laugh3:

ImLovingGuyBerryman

poopity poop
Coldplayer
AWESOME LAUREN :dance:

OMG and more Phil luck you got too!!! :dead: I swear your in tight with Phil at your shows :lol:

And that boi got some booty :charming: :wacky:
haha yah liz! me and phil are tight :rolleyes:

ok here's my 42 vid. it shows Guy, Chris, and ESPECIALLY Jonny rocking out, the part where the roadie runs by to fix Chris' cord (at about 01:08 is where it looks like possible Jonny stepped on the cord or Chris accidentally yanked it out), and the part where Chris and the crowd hold out the OH at the end

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-vhx4RPdRE"]YouTube - 42 - Coldplay - Chris, Jonny and Guy rocking out - Houston - 7/22/09[/ame]

kcromeis

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
same show as toyota center a few months back? I really wish theyd change it up a bit... but glad everyone had fun again!

yellow745

There, There!
Coldplayer
Oh, and I forgot to mention: Phil was taking pictures RIGHT in front of me, and I had the greatest urge to just pet him. He's so adorable!! Gahh. But I resisted. ;)

Also! I was with my little cousin (well, she's twelve) and after the show, a roadie was reaching down with a guitar pick. I immediately reach out, but he's like, "For the little girl" ! Just because I'm not little doesn't mean I don't want a souvenir! Just like at baseball games...ugh.... but whatever. I worked out a deal with her. I have half-custody :laugh3:
Oh yes. Lol! I was making a big deal about Phil, but i touched his sweaty arm. Hahaha!
That guitar pick incident was: :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:
You were determined to get it, but they roadie was like "NO! for the little girl"

MartinFan

One I Love
Coldplayer
haha yah liz! me and phil are tight :rolleyes:

ok here's my 42 vid. it shows Guy, Chris, and ESPECIALLY Jonny rocking out, the part where the roadie runs by to fix Chris' cord (at about 01:08 is where it looks like possible Jonny stepped on the cord or Chris accidentally yanked it out), and the part where Chris and the crowd hold out the OH at the end

YouTube - 42 - Coldplay - Chris, Jonny and Guy rocking out - Houston - 7/22/09

Yes!!! I see it on your vid, I watched this same vid from a different angle and didn't notice it, looks like J turns and walks away and kind of tangles in it, then Chris just got annoyed after the guy ran out to plug him back in and just flipped the guitar off and went to the piano early than he usually does.:D

sa_spurs_tx

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
same show as toyota center a few months back? I really wish theyd change it up a bit... but glad everyone had fun again!
-Chinese Sleep Chant
-Speed of sound
+glass of water
+ Life in technicolor ii
+ billie jean
a longer set so to speak.

coldplay45

coldplayer
Coldplayer
This show was so amazing I enjoyed it even more then the one at the Toyota Center, probably because COLDLAY come down right to were I was and did tree songs about ten feet away from me. Best night ever!!!

mrman78

M A R C U S
Coldplayer
This show was so amazing I enjoyed it even more then the one at the Toyota Center, probably because COLDLAY come down right to were I was and did tree songs about ten feet away from me. Best night ever!!!
YAY, congrats :)

Mikejpss

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I had 4 tixs for the 109 section, literally 10 ft from the mid-audience stage. We had only 2 of our group sitting there (the others were in 103BB with me) and we chose to leave the other 2 seats vacant in 109 b/c we could not sell them.
I actually sent my 11 yo grand daughter into section 109 before the concert to see if they were better seats, she declined & came back to sit with me in 103BB.
Well, when Coldplay went to the mid section to play, she was crying b/c she would have been 10 ft from them. :(
I was able to bring her right up and below them about 15 ft away. SHE MELTED away as they sang.:D:):D My daughter (her mother) was in section 109 and melted also as they watched them play so close......
During the concert I was able to catch a yellow baloon and let he knock it back up. Of course, she caught a few butterflies also.
This was her 3rd Coldplay concert, and by far, her best.It just dont get any better than this folks. Long after I'm gone she'll remember this night, as will I to the end.
Oh yea, the others in our group gave it 5 stars too.
The only negative to the night was the heat in the Pavilion, it was still hot at the end. :(
I personally rocked so HARD that i dislodged a tooth crown and have been in pain till this am when I went to my dentist for relief. And I'd do it agin in a heartbeat.
Praising Coldplay on this site is preaching to the choir, but, heck, they ARE the best. Lookin forward to our next concert.My grand daughter will be with me then too. :D Cheers !