Coldplayer
The most amazing video ever

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZzXi8Svwg[/ame]

And I love the beginning of this video

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9SV3SEd6zI[/ame]

lorenzomauro

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Guys, I was there yesterday under the stage and it was really amazing. I think the boys too were touched from the warm of the italian crown, even if there where so many people which didn't know the songs... anyway...
I'm still in tears watching Speed of Sound with glowbands, and I was so happy for the little chorus that we did for Jonny at the end of the concert

Hope to see them soon in Italy again.

Mrk

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
Coldplayer
Just realised that my "review" is on the wiki. I guess I should write a more complete one :p

Me and my father got there at 3:30 PM thinking there wouldn't have been lots of people. Well, we were wrong. We queued and waited under the boiling sun for 2 and a half hours then we finally got inside the stadium. The concert started half an hour after its scheduled time because the xylobands wouldn't have looked that good if it wasn't dark enough. All the lights went down, then the Back To The Future theme introduced the band on the stage. Suddenly, the wirstbands lit up and MX, followed by Hurts Like Heaven kicked in accompained by a spectacular firework show. The crowd was very loud (people were even singing the instrumental parts!!!) and the band themselves were in a very good shape. Chris asked lots of times in Italian if everyone was ok and the crowd always replied very loudly. After they moved to the X-stage, they played Princes Of China (which was quite surprisingly well recived), Up In Flames and Warning Sign. They returned to the main stage with an explosive version of Don't Let It Break Your Heart (one of the concert's highlights), followed by three singalong hits (Viva, Charlie and Paradise). Suddenly it all turned dark and, among the crowd's confusion, the band reappeared on the C-stage to play Us Against The World and an acustic version of Speed Of Sound. They opened the encore with Clocks and then Fix You, which everyone sung as loud as they could. The band closed the concert with ETIAW and the crowd cheered them again very louddly. Overally the concert was very good and the light/laser shows and all the other stuff (balloons, confetti ecc.) were very fun without beeing to distracting from the music. I hope they'll be back in Italy soon!

Mrk

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
Coldplayer
My crappy video

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=grNoQAzaAl4[/ame]

lutzno

#1 Coldplayer
Coldplayer
watching the videos of the beginning of the concert im quite disappointed. There were none of those little fireworks during mx like at the other concerts, and the fireworks were rubbish. cant understand why its changed. it was absolutely awesome before, now it looks like theyve just run out of cash and replaced fireworks with flashing lights...

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
This tour was insanely expensive. That may be exactly what they done.:(

lutzno

#1 Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:( indeed. the mx/hlh in porto, madrid and nice were the best ive ever seen, couldnt stop watching videos of them. then i watch turin, and just didnt get the same feeling. little puffs of smoke and some flashing lights just did not have the same effect as those fireworks. hope theyre still used for uk stadium tours!

lutzno

#1 Coldplayer
Coldplayer
another possible scenarios is that they were asked not to use those fireworks by the stadium as they hit the roof in porto (no roof in madrid and nice). you can clearly see them hitting the roof in this video. not sure what kind of damage that does...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOJmGSYWtk"]Início/Mylo Xyloto/Hurts like heaven @ Dragão - YouTube[/ame]

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
It can actually be lethal in a crowded venue of any size! And some venues' insurance might not allow for a certain amount of pyro.

lutzno

#1 Coldplayer
Coldplayer
having said that, knowing health and safety regulations in the uk, not promising...

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
Don't worry. Even if it's not. Being there is nothing like the videos, and it will blow your mind even without pyro.:)

lutzno

#1 Coldplayer
Coldplayer
just hope i can take it all in this time. saw them for the 1st time last year, was basically in shock the whole time, cant remember much. waited for that day for over 10 years.

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
I know the feeling! Toronto will be my 8th, but I only remember a couple shows clearly. I can't remember what they played in '08, the the visuals still stand out. I don't remember hearing 'Yes' even though I know they played it and it's a favorite,lol.

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
watching the videos of the beginning of the concert im quite disappointed. There were none of those little fireworks during mx like at the other concerts, and the fireworks were rubbish. cant understand why its changed. it was absolutely awesome before, now it looks like theyve just run out of cash and replaced fireworks with flashing lights...
Could there be some kind of ordinance against fireworks? I know in some of their shows, fireworks were not allowed - like last fall in Austin and at UCLA due to drought conditions. Not saying there is a drought, but there is probably a good reason why they didn't have fireworks in Turin.

eli_i

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
dear coldplayers, I'm looking forward to tonights concert in zurich and I am already in the mood reading your reviews, looking at the pics and videos, thank you for that :)
what would you say are the best places next to the stage to stand in order to have THE very best view?