[24-May-2012] Coldplay @ Olympic Stadium, Turin, Italy

jackparker

Warning Sign in Paradise
Coldplayer
^^ I think that it really depends where your entrance is. I'm assuming you have standing tickets, so I'd say somewhere around the X Stage!

eli_i

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
would you recommend the X-part of the stage or rather right in front of the stage where they have their instruments like chris's piano? i have golden circle tickets, those are all right in front of the stage but I'm not sure where exactly you would have the best view....

^^ I think that it really depends where your entrance is. I'm assuming you have standing tickets, so I'd say somewhere around the X Stage!

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
Could there be some kind of ordinance against fireworks? I know in some of their shows, fireworks were not allowed - like last fall in Austin and at UCLA due to drought conditions. Not saying there is a drought, but there is probably a good reason why they didn't have fireworks in Turin.
The rest of the fireworks worked without problem, no idea why they didn't use some of them for MX, but as lutzno pointed out, those were probably going to hit the roof and therefore they decided against using them. I hadn't seen any of the previous gigs' videos, so I really didn't feel like something was missing

@eli_i i think the X is the best place, you have a perfect frontal view of the main stage and the visuals and the band is very close when they play there. Friends in the first row told me the main stage is really high and you risk to have one of the cameraman blocking the view of part of it

lafferty23

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
regarding the x stage, would you say best place to stand on it would be facing straight down the runway thing?

Amber

coldplay-crackhead
Coldplayer
I envy you guys who can go their gig to see them in person.:\

Kristal Siderglace

The Cotton Candy Girl
Coldplayer
In my opinion yes :)

More pics from here

For the next gig I want a fucking reflex like all the little girls around me :laugh3:
I want take pics like these!

And a little piece of my heart is sad because would have been amazing see them in my country :\

But this doesn't look like MX symbols, does it?

This picture was actually the reason to ask :lol:
:thinking: you are right! It's strange...I'm sure about Nice 'cause the cannon was just in front of me but maybe for Turin they changed!

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
this is not a video from the gig, but it made me laugh so much.

These two girls made a video of them trying to buy the tickets for the gig when the last few were made available again on May 20th, their reaction (at 1:15) is priceless when they read the purchase confirmation page :nice:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSaU9AMXRs"]Cosa non si fa per i biglietti di un concerto - YouTube[/ame]

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
ah the perks of northern hemisphere dwelling :cry:

*8th time!*
I actually feel a little guilty...almost,lol. I know how hard it is for people to get to shows. I'm pretty poor myself, but have been lucky enough to win tickets or have them given to me by 'friends of friends'. I paid for my Viva ticket, but had to scrape pennnies together and not eat for a couple of days,lol. It was worth it!:D

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
2000. Four boys in London surprised the world with a poignant love song, from the color of the stars. A beardless young man walking on a beach and sings his passion for a girl, as the sun begins to rise. Everything starts from here.
2012. Coldplay are pop / rock band leading the world, capable of creating a spectacular show as the one staged on May 24 at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin, the only Italian date of Mylo Xyloto Tour.
Beyond the visual wonders that were offered under the surface of a live show emerges forcefully advanced the great quality of the songs of the band Chris Martin, pop beads write effective and engaging melodies of these impressions in the minds and the heart. A particular that not always, nell'effervescente (sometimes ephemeral) pop world is taken into account. Although Mylo Xyloto is perhaps a job that has more shadows than lights, the fact remains that Coldplay have written in the pages of the best popular music of recent years.
After watching the mini-live of Ritaora, a (s) fortunate combination of the Black Eyed Peas and Lady Gaga, and Marina & The Diamonds, an interesting voice, but whose songs have resulted in boredom after the first 15 minutes, we arrive at the end of our wait.
After an unexpected introduction in the background with the theme of Back to the Future, the stage, composed of 5 big circles where they will be projected visuals and live images, lights and Coldplay singing the first notes of Hurts Like Heaven. Laser lights shot into the sky, fireworks explode in the stars and thousands of lights illuminate simultaneously. Absolutely brilliant idea to hand over to each of the spectators a bracelet bright, activated via wi-fi, becoming an integral part of the show, see the entire stadium (plus sold-out, these 40,000 people) of color and shine a light has been unforgettable sight. It 's time once the first classic, In My Place, and another surprise: during the song, a multitude of confetti is projected upwards and the impression is to be surrounded by millions of colorful butterflies. Such a departure for a concert I had ever seen. After the enthralling Major Minus, Lovers In Japan, from Viva La Vida (in my opinion, the album the band's most mature and complete London) sparked the crowd and the giant balloons are launched on the public: who was at a concert Muse can imagine the effect. Chris Martin, in great shape and has an amazing Italian, approaches the piano and the notes of the wonderful The Scientist invade the stage, another piece of research of the singer to the perfect pop song. In my opinion, has already written: a yellow light dominates the scene, Chris talks about how bright the stars are above us, now more than ever. Yellow. Yellow. E non c'è altro da aggiungere. And there's nothing else to add. Violet Hill and God Put a Smile Upon Your Face close the first half of the concert, it starts with the current radio single, Princess of China, which sees the presence of screens on the Rihanna virtually accompany the group. I think that this song could have been prevented in the album and we're good like cheese with chocolate.
Navigate to the bottom of a walkway that goes to finish in the audience, Coldplay perform Up in Flames and the sweet Warning Sign, with Chris in command of a flamboyant upright piano. He returns to center stage for Do not Let It Break Your Heart and the real mantra of the band: Viva la Vida, already received the first live with choirs from all over the stadium, is pure joy, where the audience becomes one with the group, thrilling musical alchemy.
The party continues with Charlie Brown and Paradise, after which they disappear Coldplay and pop behind all, near the bottom of the stadium, on a small stage where he runs the intimate Us Against The World and an acoustic version of Speed ​​Of Sound with all members of the band close to each other, seeming almost just four friends playing for fun.
The final trick is memorable: the exciting Clocks, Fix You sound a running start and then Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, pure rhythm. An evening of great music and entertainment events, visual and technical equipment of last generation, an audience in raptures. And above all, a guy who sang the stars.

[thanks Alexander Jordan 2000. http://rivistapaperstreet.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/coldplay-stadio-olimpico ]

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
With Coldplay! Grazie per avermi fatto vivere una delle serate più belle della mia vita. Thanks for letting me live one of the most beautiful evenings of my life.
As you know Thursday I went to the Coldplay concert, and has proved even more surprising expectations. The lights, the bracelets that were lit up with music, fireworks at the opening of the concert and during the last song-Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall-, the stage during Viva La Vida, Charlie Brown and Paradise ... was exploding ... I could go on for another ten lines, but I'm sure that would not be enough to understand what has been exciting. Elizabeth I and we had fun a lot, to share this wonderful experience with their parents and one of the friends that I care about most was a great feeling. Thanks Dad for the great pictures you've done, we'll have some great memories of this special evening.

http://www.acupofashion.com/2012/05/coldplay-live-in-turin.html

Dad's pictures look to be on the Blog too :)